SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Art Katz Goes Home

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

His death is gain. For Art ran the race with endurance and finished what the Lord had for him to do. Is there something more wonderful than leaving this world, and being accepted inthe Lamb's spotless bride, beloved, as His faithful servant? If there is something that should make us rejoice more than seeing a sinner turn from his evil ways it is seeing the Lord take home His sanctified sons and daughters, who have fought the good fight and overcome this world without soiling their garments. For now they will be always with Him, and dwell with Him in the Heavenly Jerusalem, for ever and ever. What a great place to be!

Art preached on this Himself, on the conclusion of the Book of Revelation, in his sermon: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=3347]Revelation 21: "The City of God"[/url]. May we too never lose sight of eternity like God's servant Art, and press on even more diligently toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. A great cloud of witnesses beckons us there.

What else should I say: the Lord used this man to transform my life, and I cannot imagine where I would be now without the truth Art's messages brought home into my heart. For he was a mouthpiece of the Lord, not seeking the honor or praise of men, and devoid of vain ambition, so even what I say now, all words of praise and thanksgiving, should go to my Heavenly Father. For "every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning" (Js. 1:17). For by God's grace Art did what he did, and even though he accomplished a lot, it wasn't him, but the grace of God that was with him (1 Cor. 15:10)! May God give us the humility to seek Him and be found of Him and to walk humbly with Him the rest of our lives; for brothers and sisters, the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. May therefore the Lord of the harvest, who has so graciously determined to use earthen vessels so His work may be made even more glorious, strengthen our weak bodies and work out in and through them His purposes on earth. "To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

In Christ,
Slavyan

2007/6/29 10:06

Re: Art Katz Goes Home

I've only just got to "know" this dear man, through one or two talks downloaded. The one I'm reading at the moment has "knocked my socks off", as a friend from the North of England would say.

The words that came to mind on reading the news was "he being dead yet speaketh" (Hebrews 11:4).

It's fitting that these words should be in the Bible's "roll of honour" of men of faith.

Jeannette

2007/6/29 14:42
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

As Art was fond of pointing out in his messages, when the church is assembled for worship, all of heaven is with them. The greatest thing we can do to honor our brother's name and message is not simply to speak mere sentimental "Gee, we'll miss him," or "Gee, he made an impact on my life" type stuff. Such our brother would not be interested in. But, what would do his heart good when we gather together with all of heaven as a church to worship, is to embody the apostolic reality of the messages he preached, and to proclaim them with the same authority. That is what all heaven longs to see, for they know very well nothing else will cause the principalities and powers of the air to tremble than this very thing.

And when you get to heaven, let it be noted that brother Katz has stated on a number of occasions that you can come visit him at his mansion. So take him up on that! :)

2007/6/29 16:14Profile
Spitfire

Re: Speechless

Oh! Oh! My heart aches with a strange feeling. My tears roll down in gratitude to God for the life of this dear man of God. I'm telling you people, this man's message has changed me for all eternity! I will never be the same! Praise be to God!

I learned of Art Katz through the audio messages on this website in the fall of 2004. Over the course of a year, I probably listened to at least 100 of Art's messages and some of them I transcribed and listened to 7-10 times. I went to Ben Israel in August '05 for one week of their prophetic conference. I shall never forget...we had gone outside at lunchtime to enjoy the amazing weather. It was a beautiful, sunny day and the temperature was in the 70's. Art had walked over and sat down in an adirondack chair in the sun for a few minutes alone. I was watching him and wanting to introduce myself and thank him for all that he had imparted to my life. I walked over and we talked for maybe 15 minutes. I told him that I had been listening to his messages every day for a year. He said, "Well then, you probably know me better than I do." When it came time for us to go back inside, he stuck his hand up and said, "Would you please pull me up out of this chair?" I tell you, I had tears in my eyes for the priviledge of helping this dear man of God to his feet. It felt like a....such a...priviledge. That's all I can say.

I loved him and I shall never, never forget him. I know I will often picture that great cloud of witnesses and see Art there cheering us on. If ever I believed that someone went to heaven, it is him. I hope to see him there someday.

Thanks, Art, thank you for all the sacrifices you made and for showing me God, as he, in fact, is. Thank you to everyone at Ben Israel and especially to Art's family. I love you all and I appreciate you so much. Dian.

2007/6/29 20:04Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Art Katz prophetic message had a profound impact on me. He helped me to awake from my spiritual slumber. I listened to over a hundred of his sermons. I got in touch with Art and drove him around when he was in the UK in spring last year. It was a wonderful to spend some time with him. These are very personal an unforgettable memories for me. He has pointed the church towards the time of Jacob's trouble and Israel's ultimate restoration. This is the ultimate display of God's grace, and most Christians do not have the capacity to take it on board. Art is gone home to glory but we must accomodate his message into our eschatology otherwise we will be so offended that we miss God in the end.

I pray that other prophets will carry on from what Art has set up. Who is able to pay such a price and endure the rejection by vast parts of the church that he endured? May God raise up some fearless soldiers that can be entrusted with such a message, perhaps from the midst the sermonindex community?

Isaiah 53
1Who has believed what they heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

narrowpath

2007/6/29 20:13Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Funeral Service for Arthur Katz

[b]Funeral Service for Arthur Katz[/b]

Sunday (July 1st, 2007)
Visitation from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Cease Funeral Home in Bemidji.

2807 Irvine Avenue NW
Bemidji, MN 56601
(218) 751-9700

Monday (July 2nd, 2007)
4:00 pm funeral service at the Ben Israel Lodge, followed by a time of fellowship and meal.

Monday Evening
7:00 pm Graveside service and burial at Ben Israel Fellowship.

On behalf of Art's family and Ben Israel, please know that you are all welcome to join us in this final celebration of his life.

We are requesting that you notify us via email (bisrael@paulbunyan.net) or telephone (218 335-2562) if you are coming.

Please check the Cease Funeral Home website for an online obituary of Arthur Katz. It will be posted June 30th.

2007/6/30 0:52Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

He will be missed alot and his insight is like no other. His sermons have affected my life profoundly!
Dom

2007/6/30 4:58Profile
Jeppe

The Netherlands

Re:

[b]From the Benisrael website:[/b]

We as a family would first, would like to express from our hearts with great humility, gratitude for the amazing outpouring of love, compassion and support that has been shown to us. It is beyond words or imagination. As Dad put it before he went home and when he was more lucid, "it's amazing, all these people are coming out of the woodwork just for me", he kept telling us to send people home, he felt he did not deserve the attention being poured out. But he was loved and we still love him and you all loved him, and that says more than anything ever could....isn't it true, that"the greatest of these is love"? What else could we ever ask for?

Thank you for your continued prayers as we get through these next few days. From my heart, I do ask that you remember the Ben Israel Family as well, this is just as hard for all of them as it is for his natural, physical family. I know Papa always has these precious folks here close to his heart. If you could only see what I have seen since Dad became ill last week, you would be so greatly blessed.

Now, for a practical note and maybe a blessing to you...

The original service time information stated that the meal would be before the burial. That has been changed and the meal will now be after the actual burial. If you did not already know, permission is being obtained from the County to designate a part of the land on the farm (Ben Israel property) as a cemetery. Many of you know how much Papa loved to walk,so, we will be taking him for one last walk from the lodge to the farm for his final, earthly resting place. We will be pulling him on a cart. If you would like to be part of that procession and it would in some way it would be significant for you, please just work your way forward and take the place of another who is there, go as you see fit, help is you desire in that way and be blessed!

Sissie

2007/6/30 18:10Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Have been unsure of what to actually say here, as there was so much to thank the Lord for, in this brother. It is hard to come to terms with speaking of him in the past tense, and even the mere having to replace an "is" with a "was" causes me to ponder his life.

1 Cor 11:1 comes to mind, "Be ye followers of me, as I also am of Christ", and I think the thing that was most significant of Art, was the degree of access that he gave us of his life. Dian has earlier noted of meeting him and his making the comment, "You probably know me better than I know myself", after she told him of the amount of his preaching she had listened to. Art had often said something to the effect of, "I'm not clergy, I'm just Art", and I believed him, every time. This wasn't a mere theatrical device. This placed me alongside of him, and made sure that I didn't put him on a pedestal (although many have accused me of doing so). Art showed me that it wasn't because he was "Art", that he didn't and said all these things, but it was because of God, and I could have access to the same, if I trusted God the same.

He was more of a brother/father, than a preacher, and although I only heard of him three or four years ago, and only met him on one occasion, I feel that I have spent a lifetime under his tutelage. Art has allowed me to see his development into a man of God, from his very conversion (see [url=http://www.benisrael.org/writings/online_books/ben_israel_odyssey_of_a_modern_jew/bi_contents.html]Ben Israel - Odyssey of a Modern Jew[/url]), right up to his deathbed, and everything in between. And the Lord has left a legacy, such that all can share this experience, even from the grave.

There is a preaching compilation on this site, called [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=6567]Everyone needs to do nursery[/url] where a lady speaks of how all these great men of God talk about there life as if they have it all together and just popped out that way. This accusation could never be leveled at Art. I will be forever grateful for what the Lord has done in me through this vessel, and feel that any attempt to express my gratitude will be left lacking, including these words.

:cry:

2007/6/30 19:09Profile
jarona

The Earth

Praise the Most High!

2007/7/4 21:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy