SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is your name?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

What is your name?

This video really spoke so much to me i want to recomend it to everyone it can also be found in the thread below

[url=http://kbonev.christian.net/wurmbrand.htm]What is your name?[/url]

Related article also "Must read"

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16110&forum=40]Amazing Testimony Of Richard Wurmbrand (Interview)[/url]

2007/6/27 7:43Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re: What is your name?

OH, how Glorious is the Christ we serve, so Faithful, so Gracious, so Righteous, so Holy, Mighty to save

Psalm 24
The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

This has indeed stirred my soul

What a blessing!!!

2007/6/27 11:23Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

what is in a name? what does God mean when He has our parents name us?

Greetings dear saints in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Justified before GOd. AMEN.

That was a powerful interview in which the Grace of God came forth and it comforted me much. i believe it was at this time or around this time that God put the pieces together concerning my name and what it means.

my name is Farai Mandizvidza Nhlawulo Bamu
Farai and MAndizvidza are Shona names, Nhlawulo is a Ndebele/Zulu name.

Farai means "Rejoice!"
Mandizvidza means "you have exalted/honored me"
Nhlawulo means "sacrifice"

This confirmed for me beyond doubt what my life must be and how it will end. i am a bit of a mystic and doubt that God had these names given me in vain...although Farai doesn't appear on my birth certificate, that is the name i have been known by all my life...i guess it means there is a joy in being exalted/honoured to be a sacrifice. Bamu was a nickname given to my great grandfather (if i remember right) and perhaps has to do with him being a big man or perhaps it's a sound...then again it could be a contraction of a Lingala (Congolese from Congo) name which speaks of one being from a certain tribe/place. 'Ba" would mean "of the" or "from" like "Bakongo" means of the Congo tribe. i heard a Lingala name "Bamundele" which i guess means "of the Mundele tribe" if all this holds true...maybe one day i shall go there and see :-)

Grace and PEace be ours in Jesus' Name. AMEN.

2007/6/27 12:35Profile
theopenlife

Re: what is in a name? what does God mean when He has our parents name us?

Awesome message.

My name has influenced me my whole life.
Michael Benjamin.

Michael means "who is like God?"
Benjamin means "son of my right hand"

I grew up with a sense of God's favor upon me, being the "son of His right hand". I thought this was because of my own goodness or value. When I was 21 God showed me it differently. "Who is like God?" Only God is good. I am His son because of grace, just as Jacob obtained the blessing of the right hand by election of grace, not by works. (Romans 9:11-12)

And now I get to proclaim, "No one is like God the Son who sits at the right hand of the Father!"

2007/6/27 13:25Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Rev. 19
11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

2007/6/27 13:53Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

yes the ending is really deep, its not the old man, not even the new man, it is christ in me.....

My name is Christian, i think it means follower of christ :-)

2007/6/27 17:31Profile

Re:

oh wow... every western Christian needs to view this. This is solemn especially the ending.

Thank you for posting this.

2007/6/27 19:20
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Michael
Greetings in Jesus' Name by whose Blood we are made sons of God. AMEN.

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
Awesome message.

My name has influenced me my whole life.
Michael Benjamin.

Michael means "who is like God?"
Benjamin means "son of my right hand"

I grew up with a sense of God's favor upon me, being the "son of His right hand". I thought this was because of my own goodness or value. When I was 21 God showed me it differently. "Who is like God?" Only God is good. I am His son because of grace, just as Jacob obtained the blessing of the right hand by election of grace, not by works. (Romans 9:11-12)

And now I get to proclaim, "No one is like God the Son who sits at the right hand of the Father!"

whoa...isn't that amazing how God has shown you the significance of that name Michael, [i][b]who indeed[/b][/i] is like God? i think it was Paul Washer who said that God wasn't like anything but He is on another Plane altogether, or as Katz said, God is Other...Indeed there is nobody like Him who elects us according to Grace to make us like the Eternal Son who sits at His Right Hand.

Grace and Peace be ours in Jesus' Name. AMEN.

2007/6/27 23:48Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I just saw the video this morning. It was so powerful. I have continued to think of that one sentence – What is your name? It has reminded me of something I wrote in my journal earlier this year:

John 1:19 Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?"

John’s answer was not to recite his lineage, the number of disciples he had, the number of converts under his ministry. But he answered

He said: "I am "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: "Make straight the way of the LORD,"' as the prophet Isaiah said." John 1:23

And

John answered them, saying, "I baptize with water, but there stands One among you whom you do not know. It is He who, coming after me, is preferred before me, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose." John 1:26-27

Whenever John speaks, it’s all about He must increase and I must decrease. His focus was on the identity of Christ, not his own identity. He only thought of himself in relation to Christ. In the same way our every action, every word should proclaim, “Behold, the Lamb of God.”

My name is Danielle – it means God is my judge. I need to be reminded of that often because I can be so critical of myself that my focus becomes distorted. All I can see is so much lack of Christlikeness in me, and I can no longer see Christ.

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18

2007/6/29 20:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy