SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What will it take for UNITY

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What will it take for UNITY

What will it take for all Christ dying once for all, resurrection believing churches to unify?

I think about this because it was one of Christ's final passionate prayers for us before he died. For us like Christ to be one, like he is one with the Father and the Spirit. If christian persecution was revived again throughout world, if your brother was dying next to you, not your denomination, and you’re next to die, would you really be thinking of your differences? To me there seems to be more unity in christians where there is persecution in the world towards them. Will it take persecution revived for the religious debating, grumbling unpersecuted lands to finally unify? Does it even matter to you? What are your thoughts? What do you think it will take for Christ’s prayer for us to be unified to come about?

2007/6/26 2:32
HopeinChrist

Re: What will it take for UNITY

Luke 9:23

2007/6/26 6:35Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

There will never be unity or peace in any body of people on earth. Even a man and wife are one only in the flesh on earth.

Matthew 10
34. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

There is unity and peace in the body of Christ if you are not talking about a earthly body but a spiritual body. In the body of rest prepared for us a man and his wife are one in Christ Jesus and one in God. My brother, mother and neighbor and I are one, bound by the bonds of love and charity to the Vine .

CRY OUT, SHILOH HAS COME, The Son Of Peace lives, and His Kingdom lives in me.

Genesis 49
9. Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?
10. The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
11. Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:

We as deciples of Christ are sent to proclaim that the Kingdom of God is here and our Lord is God.

Luke 10
3. Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
4. Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.
5. And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
6. And if the SON OF PEACE be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

Ephesians 4

1. I Therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2. With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3. Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5. One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6. One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
7. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
8. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10. He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
11. And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12. For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13. Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14. That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15. But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16. From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
17. This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18. Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19. Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20. But ye have not so learned Christ;
21. If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22. That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27. Neither give place to the devil.
28. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Eddie

2007/6/26 7:39Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

What do we mean by Unity?

2007/6/26 7:58Profile

Re:

Quote:

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

There is unity in the body of Christ, the invisible group of the elect who are walking in holiness and have true fellowship with another another.

There may be disagreements (which Paul said are good so the truth can be made known to all), but there is a unity that is not man made and compromised.

The reason you dont see this unity in the "church in america" is because it is no church at all, it a babylonian imposter that walks in darkness and knows not the power of God.

In Christ - Jim

2007/6/26 8:38

The Elect are one already, as He and The Father 'are' One.

We just don't see it yet ... but you nailed it on the persecution bringing it to light.

I thought of this last night ... When we're all in one Coliseum or Train Car, where there is nothing left but Love for each other and no time to ask each other, "What do you think about this or that ?"

Saw this through Richard Wurmbrand's writings mostly.

Lord Bless you.

2007/6/26 12:47
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

The reason is that we can have unity among the churches but will that be truly unity.
As we have the churches together thing.

I dont have anything against it but what we would also have to ask because you can have what the world think church unity is and what god thinks and what church unity is?

2007/6/26 13:50Profile

Yes, some very insightful comments, as I was chillin out last night pondering these things, many hindrances came to mind that could and are now causing divisions of unity in the body. Any hindrances I feel we would do well to avoid

2007/6/26 19:15
rookie

Quote:
What will it take for all Christ dying once for all, resurrection believing churches to unify?

1Pet. 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, 2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

The desire to feed on the "sincere milk of the word" will bring unity. Those who look to be led by men will stumble.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/27 0:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy