SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Remain in God's Grace through repentence and remaining on the narrow path

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RumbleBee

Houston, Texas

Once Saved...Remain in God's Grace through repentence and remaining on the narrow path

Instead of seeing "Once Saved...Always Saved???" subject whenever we open the SermonIndex site, I would much rather read it more true to my belief.
It is entirely possible to lose one's salvation, otherwise Paul would not have written in Hebrews 10:26 for if we sin wilfully, after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, their remains no more sacrifice for sins.

Please feel free to post to this subject as you are led.

2007/6/25 22:55Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: Once Saved...Remain in God's Grace through repentence and remaining on the n

Except for the fact that people who were Hebrews or Jews were forsaking the perfect one time sacrifice of Christ, and going back sinnning willfully to other means of salvation including the sacrificial system, and this is the context of what Paul is saying also in Hebrews 6 too. Thus we see that they were trampling the blood of Jesus under foot, and counting the blood of the Covenant as nothing.

Because if it is true that a person who is genuinely regenerate can be unbirthed, then this passage is in error
Romans 8:30 Moreover [b]whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.[/b]

And this one
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

And also this one
John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that [b]of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.[/b]

And this one
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: [b]and I will raise him up at the last day.[/b]

Or this
John 10:27 [b]My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.[/b]
John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I'll stop now, but there are many more.

I understand that many do not see that God is the one who sovereignly gives the new birth to whom He will, and those whom He gives life will never perish as God is not a cruel tormenter letting men taste what they cannot have. He who has been given new life, will perservere to the end and overcome because greater is He that is in him than he that is in the world.

2007/6/26 0:06Profile

Re: Once Saved...Remain in God's Grace through repentence and remaining on the n

Quote:

RumbleBee wrote:
otherwise Paul would not have written in Hebrews 10:26 for if we sin wilfully, after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, their remains no more sacrifice for sins.

I do not believe Paul even wrote the book of Hebrews. Most who hold to the belief of once saved always saved believe if you totally backslide you never were really saved rightly to begin with. You must interpret scripture with scripture. The bible throughout lets us know if we are willing to repent and turn from sin the lord will forgive. You unfortunately have misinterpreted this scripture. Also remember what Christ taught is the foundation for all forgiveness and salvation. If you use the other new testament pillars as the foundation, you can easily find yourself contradicting Christ's teachings. But any way you wanna look at it, Once saved always saved. Or Not. True repentance is the clear issue to all sin in all lives that sin at whatever times. Unity among us is far more important to bring about this message for all mankind to repent. Not our personal preferences. The bible is clear, when you sin, you need to repent. That is all that matters.

2007/6/26 0:36
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Who was Christ sent to and who was He speaking to?

The house of Israel. What was Christ preaching?

The perfection of the Law that no one could keep but Him.

Christ's teaching is Law. Paul's teaching 15 years after The Cross, is pure Grace by Faith, Not faith by works, the only Faith being able to save us is the Faith Christ.

Galatians 2:14-19 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be ((((justified by the faith of Christ,)))) and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

A transgressor with an Advocate with the Father for forgiveness, and the promise of righteousness cleansing by God through the Advocate Jesus Christ.

The law doing of the soul mind must be separated from the Spirit of Christ's wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption.

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

What is the Word of God and Who? 1 John 1: 1-4

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in His (Christs) presence. But of Him (GOD) are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/6/27 15:57Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

These words are only hypothetical, and do not prove that true believers could, or should, or do sin in this manner: to which may be added, that true believers are manifestly distinguished from these persons, Heb 10:38

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

The people were having trouble and thinking of going back to sacrifice of animals for sin, because they felt that God was displeased with them and their sin was bringing down the wrath of God. Paul was showing them the difference between the Law and Grace. "There is No more sacrifice for sins", except in Christ. They could not go back to temple sacrifice for sins if Christ was their only sacrifice for sin.
The earliest date so far for the writing of Hebrews is AD 50 and this scripture is a testing of that date. These Christians would not be thinking of going back to temple worship unless the temple was still in tact. It was destroyed in AD 70.

They were not these people anyhow as Paul speaks to this in; Hebrews 10:38-39 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Another in Christ statement "them that believe".
Fulfilling the Word of God.

Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

The mystery; "Christ in you the hope of glory"
This is where perfection and righteousness must come from and cannot be lost.

1 John 5:9-20 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/6/27 16:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy