SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Through the Entire Bible with Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Brother Paul,
I was just wondering what two nights during the week do you have in mind?

2007/6/26 17:06Profile
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Re: Through the Entire Bible with Zac Poonen - anyone care to join me on SI?

brother i would also join.
This would definitely add to the much required discipline in my life.
Going through it is one thing, do you expect any posting on what we went through, any guidelines for the same?
In the home church site br.Zac's vs by verse bible study for some of the books are also available. Our current endeavour could lead to that :-)
For the sake of semantics ...all things should lead us to the a deeper walk of obedience and love for the Lord Jesus.
may the Lord speak to us through these efforts.
1Th 5:19 Do not quench the Spirit.
1Th 5:20 Do not despise prophesying.
1Th 5:21 PROVE ALL THINGS, hold fast to the good
Thank you for your effort.

2007/6/26 17:58Profile
strawrifle

uk

Re:

Hi i'm in to,if thats ok..Listening to the first sermon as i type..
andy

2007/6/26 18:00Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: In the beginning God...

This is wonderful. May the Lord bless His Word to our hearts and spirits as we travel along together. I was thinking of posting a new audio every Monday and Thursday evening. I can see many, many people eventually joining in. These studies are truly life transforming...and I believe God is working to instill discipline in the lives of His children. Discipline can begin with only two days a week, and for some people this will be the first time ever making it through the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation. It is my prayer that this will be the beginning of a lifelong journey for them, a wonderful door opened, an ever increasing appetite to explore and feast on Holy Scripture!

The Lord would encourage us to share what is on our hearts as we travel through the Bible. This is going to take 35 weeks, and there will be much to share and explore. I believe that if we approach this study with pure consciences and humility...we will learn of God. There will be serious transformation in many of us.

I've already posted the first of the series. I encourage everyone to listen to it, and meditate on the verses. I realize that there is much meat to digest in the first few chapters of Genesis! Brother Zac moves through the chapters and verses, highlighting the areas he feels deserves the most attention and interpolation.

"In the beginning God..."

And this is our beginning, too. The beginning of our voyage. May we put God the Holy Spirit first in all our posts here, may the Lord breathe life into the pile of cyberdust here and say it is good. May he separate the light from the darkness here and say it is good.

Has anyone listened to the first message yet?

Brother Paul

2007/6/26 18:29Profile
ZealForTruth

To all you people who have not had the blessing to meet Zac Poonen in real life, I was want to say that he is truly a man of God! I met him earlier this year at a convention, and was awed at his simple, yet profound insight into the Bible. Many times I listen to preachers who use such big words that I don't even understand what they're trying to say. And like the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 1:17 "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect." I have found this to be very true of brother Zac's humble demeanor. Although I'm pretty young (only 22) and work as a security guard in the summer, I have downloaded every single one of his preachings and constantly feel the presence of God as I listen to his sermons on my MP3 player while I'm on shift. May God help us take heed to His word through brother Zac and may it bring forth much fruit in our lives!

2007/6/26 22:01Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

In the beginning

Quote:
Has anyone listened to the first message yet?

Well, to be honest I started last night and somehow nodded off about midway through ... Not due to Zac! Just ... long story.

Quote:
These studies are truly life transforming...and I believe God is working to instill discipline in the lives of His children. Discipline can begin with only two days a week, and for some people this will be the first time ever making it through the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Brother, that was exactly what occurred to me, that this would be a discipline to do so and I am going to join in his as well, a tremendous idea brother.

What did grab my attention straight away (while it was still coherent) was his taking note of the usage of 'created' and 'made'. As simple as it sounds just that distinction ...

2007/6/26 23:02Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
I believe God is working to instill discipline in the lives of His children.

Discipline.

I need it.

I'm in.

2007/6/26 23:26Profile
seanjol

Charleston, SC

I am in as well. Started listening last night. I have also seen Zac in person a few years ago and was deeply impressed by his humility and desire to please God. I pray God would richly bless our time in this endeavor.

I was already convicted and blessed by his statement about reading the bible for knowledge or life. Many times it's been about knowledge for me. May it be always about life from here forward.

Blessings,

Sean

2007/6/27 6:49Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

I just listenend to the first one last night. There's so much to learn from it that's impossible to retain it all! I'd say what blessed me the most was his first point about "in the beginning God-" and the need for it to be that way in every part of my life. Why do I do the things I do? Is it because in the beginning when I was reasoning as to whether or not I would do some specific thing God was the first consideration? I pray that it might be that way with me and all others who love God.

2007/6/27 7:05Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

one part that spoke to me, was that on the seventh day God rested, but that day was mans first day, so we need one day "before" we work, not the other way around.

Just one of the many things that God showed me in this first part.

2007/6/27 7:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy