SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Through the Entire Bible with Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

This was a good one, i found a theme of being "spirit lead" vs moved by our own power. Serving God by our own power. And also waiting upon God, and about people trying to drag us away from what God has called us to. Sometimes choosing Gods "second" best. That we should stick with our calling.

also the part about "do not fear them"

the scroll eating part , brother Zac really put light on this, i find Poonen has a "wholeness" of the word. He can shine light upon a passage from so many different directions not only reveling some deep truth in that passage but at the same time making other parts of scripture clear as well.

and the part about spiritual harlots from a "system" of religion! that just went through me. How many "systems" do we have in Christendom?

this as all the other ones, deserves more then one listen, there really are so much and so many "gems" it is hard to digest it all.

2008/1/18 10:23Profile

Re:

This was indeed a rich message. A couple of things have already been mentioned that were very good. One was:

Quote:

PaulWest:
Before God brings a man into his fiery ministry, he must first "eat the scroll" himself.

That is an excellent lesson found in Ezekiel, and I'd never really thought of the eating of the scroll in that manner. But it is very true and evidenced in the lives of great men of God. Only a man truly broken can speak on brokenness in a way that will affect the hearers to seek God for brokenness in their own lives.

The part on being true to where God has called us to be was also very good,
Quote:

Hmmhmm:
And also waiting upon God, and about people trying to drag us away from what God has called us to. Sometimes choosing Gods "second" best. That we should stick with our calling.

This ties in with Pastor Gareth Evan's message that he gave at the revival conference when he talked about the pastor in Haiti (I think) who was pastoring a church only because man had appointed him to that position, but it wasn't fulfilling the talents that God had given him in praise and worship. So the ministry of pastoring was a heavy burden for him; God hadn't designed this man to pastor, and he found it difficult to carry a burden that was placed upon him by man and not God.

The third thing that really struck me about this message was the part on deception. Brother Zac said that when we reject the truth that God brings into our lives we then become deceived. It is so dangerous to quench the voice of the Holy Spirit when He is telling us the truth about ourselves. It made me think of first myself, but also the Church here in America. For years and years godly men have risen up and declared the true state of the church; but the majority of Christianity here has rejected that and stubbornly pursued the path of a humanized Christianity. And now, rank deception is spread all throughout the church, and it is so tragic, but it goes back to a rejection of the truth of God's Word.

Oh, may God deepen within us a sensitivity to the truth that He gives us, and may we respond in obedience to His truth lest we become deceived and become a grief to His holy Name!

2008/1/18 16:07
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Oh, may God deepen within us a sensitivity to the truth that He gives us, and may we respond in obedience to His truth lest we become deceived and become a grief to His holy Name!

Pure words, sister. I recall Arthur Katz saying something along the lines of this in one of his messages. That each time we compromise in any way to the pure calling of God, to the voice of the Spirit, and we willfully deafen our ears to revealed truth, the invariable result is a deadness and hardening to further truth. We pay the price, and don't even realize it.

Quote:
rank deception is spread all throughout the church, and it is so tragic, but it goes back to a rejection of the truth of God's Word.

Yes, I think that if we were to look closely at any measure of deception in the church, we would discover a paper trail leading back to a fundamental rejection of God's Word in some specific area.

2008/1/18 16:35Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Daniel

Saints,

An invitation to continue on with [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2593]Daniel[/url] and hear what the Spirit would say to us. I pray a fruitful discussion will result, as this is such an exceedingly rich book. Note, also, that Zac Poonen has a separate, more detailed teaching series on Daniel where he actually goes through the entire book, chapter by chapter. I plan on listening to this throughout the week.

Brother Paul

2008/3/18 20:40Profile

Re:

This is an excellent message on the book of Daniel. Here were a few thoughts I had as well as quotes from the message that struck me as being particularly good.

[i]“The building of a pure church for God in any place always begin with at least one man who has a burden for prayer and who carries that burden for God, ‘Lord, I want a pure church in this town for you…’”

“The building of a church that happens by human wisdom, with human power, for man’s glory, whatever the doctrine, it is Babylon. The true work of God is done in accordance to God’s plans, as a result of waiting on God in prayer and it is done in the power of the Holy Spirit, with supernatural help from above…and it is done 100 percent for the glory of God.”[/i]

This is really good insight that brother Zac has about the starting of churches. It's so important that a church has a good foundation and wasn't formed out of wrong motives, rebellion against another church, or for the benefit of man.

Brother Zac made an excellent point about the benefit of not always having a godly man to lean on, and how we really grow during those times when we have to go to God and not man. Then I thought, with all the spiritual wealth we have in western Christianity (SI for example), it is so important not to replace our own studying in the Word for the teaching or preaching of godly men.

I really liked the part about Shadrach, Meshech, and Abednego. It was the ropes that were burned when the three men were put into the fire.
[i]“If a fire has succeeded in freeing you from attachment to earthly things, most of us are like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego tied with ropes to earthly things and then God puts us into a fire, some difficult trial, and the attachment to early things goes, the ropes are burned and we come out free. Thank God for the fires, thank God for the trials.”[/i]

Thanks for bringing this series to the surface again, brother Paul. I hope to see more discussion about these messages that are full of wonderful insights into the passages studied.

:-)

2008/3/27 19:09
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Saints,

An invitation to continue on with [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2593]Daniel[/url] and hear what the Spirit would say to us. I pray a fruitful discussion will result, as this is such an exceedingly rich book. Note, also, that Zac Poonen has a separate, more detailed teaching series on Daniel where he actually goes through the entire book, chapter by chapter. I plan on listening to this throughout the week.

Brother Paul

I have been very blessed by this teaching by brother Zac. I HIGHLY recommend everyone to bite into the series in more depth of the book of Daniel.

I will just write some notes i took from these teachings.

The two great themes in the book of Daniel

1. Sovereignty of God

we see time and time again how God is in control of all things. Some examples are in 1:2 we see God gave juda into the Babylonian king. This was Gods judgment against Israel and we see God controls everything according to his will.

also we se 1:9 God had brought Daniel into favor with the prince of the eunuchs. So we dont need to wok on bring the "church" or the faith or ourself in favor of politicians or so. God does this to them that follow him wholehearted.

2. Overcoming/overcomers

We see a man, Daniel overcoming in Babylon, it is possible to live in the middle of a backsliden and idol worshiping generation and still overcome and live for God in the midst of Babylon.

We see Daniel refusing to compromise the Word of God and stand fast.

Verse 8 is a key verse. If Daniel had not done this, had this attitude the rest of the book had never taken place. We read Daniel "purposed in his heart not to defile himself" . He refused to compromise or "cut corners". He wanted to obey the "small" commandments in Gods law. So we see the importance to obey all of scripture.

Daniel refused to eat the meat and drink the wine.
This shows he was a man of scripture, he knew them very well, and not only the "big" commandments but the small ones as well.

Its interesting we see Daniel tested in the area of Food. So we see the first temptation to Eve was with eating, and also with Jesus in the desert. So we see that an overcomer must be a man of diligent study in the scriptures, and a master over his body and desires. And not a slave to food, and other desires.An overcomer must be disciplined in all these "fleshly desires".

Also the history to why Israel was sent to babylon is intresting.

some of the reasons why God judged his chosen people

1. The priest was unfaithful, and when the priest and leaders are unfaithful the people will be also. The became like the heathen 2 chr 36:5

2. Eze 8:8-16 shows there was much idolatry in the land and acceptance of false Gods

3. Manassehes sins 2 chr 33:16-

4.Did not keep the seven year sabbath.

5.for 115 years God spoke through the prophets, and they listened not to them. Instead they mocked Gods messengers. Therefore God judged them. Jeremiah preached one message for 40 years , it was a hard message but they still did not listen. In Jer 5:1 we read if God had found one! righteous man who do justice and do right. Israel would never had gone to babylon.

But there was none among Gods children.No not one. So we see what difference One man can do to a nation.

We also see that the super nation of the time being Babylon, as lets say America today. it took Daniel and three wholehearted friends to change and impact the entire nation. We are today 100 000 christians and accomplish nothing or very little in our nations, the only reason is we are not wholehearted. This is a lesson we can learn from the first chapter in Daniel

2008/4/26 15:24Profile
mackaymarsh

Re: Through the Entire Bible with Zac Poonen

I just finished with the Old Testament (except Psalms - Ecclesiastes) and just starting with Matthew in New Testament. I'll go back and pick up those four in the OT later. I cannot thank Zac Poonen enough for doing this. I have been amazed at his points he continually brings out that are so relevant today. I have listened to many 3 or 4 or more times to glean as much understanding as I can. To say I have been challenged and changed would be an understatement.

After each lesson, I thought he must have done this over a long period of time with much study time in between. Then I read in his book, [i]"The Day Of Small Beginnings"[/i] that he did all seventy lessons in 14 days taking 5 books each day, one hour per book. Think about it, that is one incredible feat. The bar has been raised.

I encourage all to take the time to go through this life changing series. You will not be sorry.

I would also recommend the series [i]"From Babylon to Jerusalem."[/i] I have listened to these over and over; so much life.

Wayne

2008/8/30 14:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy