SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Through the Entire Bible with Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:
I am already looking forward to the next series after this one

Here it is, brother:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2590]Isaiah, part 2[/url]

This is the "New Testament" section of Isaiah. I pray it is just as much a blesing as the first part.

Brother Paul

www.poonen.org/zac

I thought personally this was one of the best messages, to single out something would be to "[i]make less of[/i]" this message...it is so good , so much rich content... so many precious verses lifted out, encouragement, holiness , salvation, good for young believers this sermon, some really "key" things to have a reality in our walk with the Lord. One thing that stood out to me and as i thought was there all along is we need not fear anything!

I want to say even if you haven't listened to one single message here so far, take the time to listen to this, it is a real blessing.

Christian

2007/9/26 15:11Profile
Josiah777

Sterling, VA

Re: Book of Daniel

Quote:
I'm needing to take a brief intermission from these commentaries. A recent situation has necessitated this, and I plan on resuming our noble thread on the evening of Monday the 24th. Please be in prayer for me between now and then, should the Holy Spirit lay it upon your heart.

Hey brother Paul - I hope you are alright, being buoyed by the Lord in whatever deep waters you may find yourself in.

Zac's teaching from Daniel was outstanding! He really hit the nail on the head about what it means to be a man of God, patterned after the lives of Daniel, Shadrach, Meshech and Abed-Nego. I really liked the points about humility in seeking out other brothers and what can do with not numbers but a few whose hearts are totally His and unafraid of compromising. This was a really rich word.

Ken

2007/10/1 15:06Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re:

Quote:
I want to say even if you haven't listened to one single message here so far, take the time to listen to this, it is a real blessing.

I won't get in line with you here very soon. I've listened only to Genesis and I really need to listen each message at least 3 times.
But I shall continue to listen from Isaiah to share with you anything that the Lord uses to touch my heart.
There is not such a long time since I've decided to leave the church I attended the last few years so these studies really feed me with strong spiritual food.

As brother Zac mentioned in the beginning, may God help me (and everyone of you) that by these studies I may know His will for my life and my character will be transformed according to His will.

2007/10/15 11:32Profile
Santana

Re:

I just started Genesis 'going through the bible with brother Zac' and WOW...this is really changing my study time.

I won't be able to catch up with you guys but man, Oh man, what a Blessing these studies are.

2007/10/15 16:48Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Jeremiah and Lamentations

Dear brethren and saints of God,

I wanted to bring this thread up to the surface once again. It's been a few months since I last updated it, and after a much-needed sabattical, I now intend to continue in our blessed studies of God's Word with brother Zac leading the way.

I don't think the posting of new messages will be like clockwork as it was before, but I will endeavor to update this as regularly as I can, weekly. We've left off with the conclusion of Isaiah, and now we head into [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2591]Jeremiah and Lamentations.[/url]

I'll be listening to this message in my car this week, processing it slowly and prayerfully. I look forward to reading your impressions.

Brother Paul

2007/11/25 21:26Profile

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Dear brethren and saints of God,

I wanted to bring this thread up to the surface once again. It's been a few months since I last updated it, and after a much-needed sabattical, I now intend to continue in our blessed studies of God's Word with brother Zac leading the way.

Thank you, brother Paul, for taking this back up.

Quote:

I'll be listening to this message in my car this week, processing it slowly and prayerfully. I look forward to reading your impressions.

I too am looking forward to the renewal of discussion on this series of messages.

~Joy

2007/11/28 13:38
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Judah is Worse

Did you notice Zac comparing the kingdom-split of northern Israel from southern Judah with today's separate assemblies splitting from the mainline, historic Protestant denominations? I really liked that...and, how, in the end, these assemblies often up even [i]worse[/i] than the denominations they originally split from. Pentecostalism from Methodism is one that comes to mind. It is certainly true that the kings from the northern kingdom were almost all totally wicked, beginning with Jeroboam and the calves. Israel was a black sky for Judah to peer into and see the brightness of God's ways to light the path. It's significant that Israel was subjugated before Judah, but as Judah didn't learn from the wickedness and idolatry of Israel, God in the end said Judah was worse.

This shows me that God holds me accountable to not repeat the mistakes of others, a greater expectation of me to walk in the light that is a lamp for my feet. The darker the sky, the brighter the stars will shine; the greater the folly of others as a black example, the more brilliant the light of truth should be revealed in our souls if we continue to abide in Christ. If I see all these big name televangelists being audited by the IRS for shady financial dealings, and I later become embroiled in the same, I believe God shall hold me to an even greater measure of accountability and severity for my sin at a personal level. The more light imparted, the greater measure of responsibility we are held to.

The solemn warning: Read the Word of God at your peril, as it giveth light and understanding to the simple. This light of God is wisdom and life to the soul, but it also carries with it an increased measure of severity to the heedless. It is a double-edged sword.

Brother Paul

2007/11/29 11:06Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Bumping

I am bringing this back to the forefront again. We are about to go into the book Ezekiel - one of the hardest books for me to read in the Bible. We all have our weak points in God's Word, and OT Ezekiel and NT Revelation are undoubtedly mine. The second half of Daniel also ranks pretty high on that list!

I've spent a considerable amount of time this morning going over the old posts in this thread, reading them with a refreshed mind, and I see there is so much to be acquired here, so much wealth. It's like a spiritual cornacopia, a horn of plenty. I think it is time to continue onward and add to the already-abundant mass of wealth. If you are new to these forums, please consider joining this discussion! The books we have gone through thus far are found on the very first post of this thread.

Brother Paul

2008/1/14 11:07Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Ezekiel

Back again with an invitation to listen to [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2592]Ezekiel[/url] and post your thoughts.

This was a sobering message, a real eye-opener for anyone that may deem him or herself a prophet of God. A good portion of this message shows that God often lays heavy hands on His prophets, as is seen with Ezekiel. There are also some wonderful interpretations pertaining to the visions of the wheels, the four-faced creatures, the dry bones, the increasing waters. Ezekiel, admittedly, is a tough book for me to read all the way through with unbroken focus...but brother Zac once again shows himself the intrepid tour guide, pointing out the highlights with anointed clarity and explaining some of the most seemingly abstruse and esoteric sections of prophecy with a vivid yet simple understanding.

I pray this book blesses you. Do share your impressions!

Brother Paul

2008/1/15 22:17Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Eating the Scroll

"Before God can speak [i]through[/i] a man, He must speak [i]to[/i] a man."

This, of course, is regarding Ezekiel "eating the scroll" before God sent him out to preach his message. A wonderful parallel is found in the New Testament that warns about those who preach against adultery and theft - do the same preachers also commit adultery and steal? Do they lust with their eyes and commit adultery in the heart? You who preach against stealing, do you gossip and "steal" from other men's reputations? Before God brings a man into his fiery ministry, he must first "eat the scroll" himself.

Poonen says there are multitudes of preachers who are preaching the scroll without first having eaten it. I certainly know how convenient it is to merely absorb doctrine and knowledge and let it out at an opportune time (i.e. behind the pulpit, or during a group Bible study, or here in SermonIndex forums to accomplish a "smart" post) but all this can really amount to is the regurgitation of undigested scroll. I believe undigested scroll goes to the head, whereas [i]digested[/i] scroll enters the heart, and goes forth to render nutrients to the entire body.

2008/1/16 10:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy