SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christians won't work on Sunday's but they expect others to.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

I understand exactly what you're saying and what I was trying to say is that if your tradition is not a violation of scripture and you're not in bondage to it then why is there a need to throw it out? I worship on Sunday. I always have and I will continue to do so. Not because I have to. Not because it's "the holy day". Just because I always have and that's what I'm accustomed to and my church meets on Sunday. Now would I change churches if they started meeting on Saturday? Of course not. The point is that everyone needs to be persuaded in their own mind as to what they think is right. We all know Romans 14 and 15. If someone feels they need to worship on Sunday who am I to say they're wrong?! If that's how they feel I'm not about to go around telling them they're in bondage. It's only a problem when they start going around trying to make it a law, or a standard. Then they're trying to bring others into bondage. But if that's not the case then there's nothing to fuss about. God is gracious with us so we ought to be gracious with eachother.

2007/6/27 17:20Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

Hi Jim:
I appreciate your response...it is difficult for me to put on a little square my heart and thots regarding things of the Lord...

Oh my, yes, I agree that our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit..Praise God. Can we even begin to fathom the astounding concept of that?

And yes, Praise His Holy Name, we daily live in His Presence, and Daily Walk with Him....Yes, our hearts can be lifted up with every breath, our Praise and Adoration to our King...I know! For it is a constant life of worship for me...

Jim, if you knew me...if you knew the life that I live, my sole and entire desire upon this earth is to Glorify my Father which is in Heaven. I cannot speak of Him without either jumping out of my seat, or crying tears of Joy...for no other touch can match the Touch of my Lord, My God My Savior and My King.

I agree whole heartedly with your response to my post...and I did not in anyway feel you were picking on me. In fact I read it and smiled realizing how inadequate a small portion of screen is, to display the full expression of a heart.

I admit, I do not choose words precisely right. And I fail terribly to articulate in a manner that makes what is felt in my heart, known clearly. I do apologize for that.

All I know for sure, is that I love the Lord Jesus Christ with everything that is me...and have given Him my life. It has been a joy to watch Him work and touch innumerable lives for His Glory, out of my life...It is humbling for sure...but OH so exciting to used by Him, For Him!!!

Thank you for replying to my reply...
:-)

Bonnie

2007/6/27 19:38Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

Need to add one more thing, cuz Ooopsss I got off track a bit on my other post...

I go to church on Sundays because that is the day that I grew up going to church...and that is when the Church Services are at my church...and I work on Saturdays....

And I must say once again... I really love Sundays...because it is a day that the rush and demand of what I regularly do, is set aside. I enjoy being in the assembly of others who are gathered together in corporate worship.
I am thankful that we have the Freedom to gather together in public places ANY DAY / NIGHT of the week. We are sooo blessed !!!!

2007/6/27 19:47Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

Nile wrote:

We are not under any of the Ten Commandments. No one is in fact, not even the unbelievers. The Ten Commandments were given to the Jews and to them only. The Gentiles were never under the Ten Commandments. Furthermore, when Christ died, the Ten Commandments were made null for even the Jews.

We are under the law of the Spirit now. That is our only law.

Nile

I recognize that we aren't under the ceremonial laws or the one about sacrifice, but were do you get that from the Bible? Jesus said He came to fullfil the Law not abolish it (Matt. 5). Not only did Jesus say He didn't come to abolish the Law He built higher standards from it.

Jesus used the Ten Commandments when the rich, young ruler came to Him. It is the bases for conviction, which leads us to repenting of sin and ultimately salvation.

Obviously, Paul thought we are still accountable to the Ten Commandments.

Ro 7:7 "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet."

Ro 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law."

Jordan

2007/6/28 15:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
Obviously, Paul thought we are still accountable to the Ten Commandments.

Ro 7:7 "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet."

Ro 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law."

Jordan

If that is the case let me ask you a questions. Do you obey the Sabbath by observing in on Saturday? That is the biblical Sabbath and it has never been changed.

2007/6/28 15:43
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

sscott wrote:

If that is the case let me ask you a questions. Do you obey the Sabbath by observing in on Saturday? That is the biblical Sabbath and it has never been changed.

No, but I've been thinking about that and I've asked about it here on SI and I've asked my parents. Right now they aren't going to do anything about it so I'm just resting in their leading. I don't feel like I can or should do anything more with it at this point.

Jordan

2007/6/28 15:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy