SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Broken.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Chanin,

That is a real encouragement. God help me be more transparent that others might be helped also. We need to help each other and provoke each other to love and GOOD works. I feel as you do so much on God doing surgery. I have a great desire to see the body of Christ walk and live in holiness and love; but it must begin with me. I have to find that place of brokeness and I have to allow pride to be put to death.

I would like to read some of your materials on strongholds of the enemy. God has had to do some serious surgery on me as well. For years I seemed to always be in that "one thing thou lackest" state.

I have come to hate that sin. I am not so niave as to not still know my vulnerability to even things I hate (Romans 7:15). For this cause I have taken action to make sure that sins such as lust of the eye to not take me unawares. I strait got rid of internet at home and only access it in places where I have people all around me or watching me.

When we make provision for the flesh to fulfill its lust we really don't want holiness. When we get ready to get serious with God we start saying things like "I would rather die than do that again!" I would rather die as to bring a reproach against Christ.

I finally had to do some key things:

1) Lay aside EVERY weight (these are things that would make sin easy for me). Actually they were things in my life that slowed me down in this 'race' and allowed the enemy to overtake me and knock me down.

2) Exercise my senses. This means being carefull what I looked at knowing that seeing things only aroused the appetite of my eyes and they are never satisfied with seeing. It does not take much 'seed' to 'sow' to the flesh and start the process of the flesh rising up.

3) Take the way of escape. God is faithful to always make a way to escape. I could tell of countless times that God has made a way for me to escape from sin.

4) Humble Yourself and find a place of brokeness. I had to realize that my secret sin was HEAVEN'S HEADLINE NEWS. God is already embarassed by my sin and the enemy is already accusing me. Why should I pretend now? All the host of Heaven saw it.

Many more things to add.... so little time. God has done a work in me as He has you. I also see now so many other issues of pride and the like that are deeper issues than I even thought. God have mercy on me!

God Bless and Best Regards in Christ!

-Robert

2004/4/16 13:15Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: ezekiel 8

Quote:
Could the answer be here?

Yes, I believe there is something very profound in these verses. Art Katz speaks powerfully on these verses, what struck me in particular was how he deals with verse 12 where Ezekiel writes, "...every man in the chambers of his imagery...". Do we worship God as he really is or as we think Him to be in our own imaginations? Do we settle for that which is 'good' instead of that which is 'perfect'?

I have been deeply convicted recently over this need of casting out every vain imagination in my mind that rasies itself up against the true knowledge of God. I know there are areas that I don't even see that God must open my eyes to. I want to worship Him in spirit and in truth.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/4/16 13:29Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Amen! How true these words brother Ron. I keep seeing the words... And behold the wicked abominations that they do here… every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, the LORD seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth.

When we "dethrone God in our hearts" and make Him in our own image we cease to fear Him as God. He is the only- only one. There is none like unto Him. He is high and exalted. He is not just holy- He is thrice holy. He is not just mighty but ALLMIGHTY. He does not just love- He IS love. When I consider the Lord I tremble and fear. I fear the one who after destroying the body is able to cast the soul into hell. And for fear of the Lord men depart from evil. Isaiah saw himself in the light of the plurality of God's majesty (Elohim) and said "Woe is me for I am undone!" Oh that preachers would preach the majesty of God!

I am working on a message that is a sequel to "Getting Back to the Love We Had At First" and it deals with turning our temples into pagan shrines of our own imaginations. Ephesus was taught the love of Christ unlike any other city in history- yet they left their first love. Who was competing for that love?

Was it not the Temple at Ephesus where Artimus (Diana) was worshipped? Was it not the pagan sexuality and worship that challenged the Christians for God's love on a daily basis? Is that where we are today? Have many brought the god of Artimus into the Temple of God through their wicked imaginations? Have they painted the walls of their hearts and minds with images of abominations in the sight of God? The very imaginations that were supposed to be cast down are hanging on the walls for God to see? Images of the lust of the eye, lust of the flesh, and the pride of life? And then we ask God for a revival? Does He just look around inside His Temple and see the pictures of the things that are really beloved? Are we not saying to God come on in and see my lovers? God have mercy on us? God searches the hearts! Man looks on the outward and He is looking in that "hole in the wall" and beholding our artwork. God help us to fear to do such a thing!

I think you are on to something. God does expect perfection and I have always believed that. I pray that God will lead us to know what it takes and how to get there. I desire to press towards that mark. I must actualize the theories of sanctification into realities. Oh that God will help get the Bride ready! For we stand in need.

God Bless and Much Love in Christ,

-Robert

2004/4/16 14:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

I just listened to John MacArthurs message today and it applies so well to this discussion.

"The Relationship Danger Zone"
[url=http://www.gty.org]http://www.gty.org[/url]

2004/4/16 14:10Profile
shazbot

USA

Re: Broken

Quote:
We just had a huge article in our newspaper about how all the 18-30 yr. olds are all going to church now. We have a few churches that are very big and very "hip" to go to. It is getting to be the popular thing to be seen there.

[url=http://thedoormagazine.com/images/stranger045.jpg]Sad but true.[/url]

Found at The Door Magazine.

2004/4/17 0:14Profile

Re:

As I was reading through this thread from a couple years ago I was struck with what brother RobertW said about secret sins:

Quote:
RobertW: What will it take for everyone to let go of their secret sins? What doctrines await us as we tumble down the sewer with this world?

We need a thread to deal with secret sins as they are to me [b]the "elephant" in the middle of the room that everyone is trying to pretend is not there.[/b]

(Edit) Elephants are hard to hide...at the Judgment Seat of Christ (the Bema seat) there will be no secret sins...that is so sobering. The unkind words that I may think but refrain from uttering are still sin. Oh to utterly have the mind of Christ! (end of edit)

Quote:
RobertW: When we make provision for the flesh to fulfill its lust we really don't want holiness. [b]When we get ready to get serious with God we start saying things like "I would rather die than do that again!" I would rather die as to bring a reproach against Christ.[/b]

How desperate are you/am I to be right with God?

Quote:
RobertW: 4) Humble Yourself and find a place of brokeness. [b]I had to realize that my secret sin was HEAVEN'S HEADLINE NEWS. God is already embarassed by my sin and the enemy is already accusing me. Why should I pretend now? All the host of Heaven saw it.[/b]

Heaven's headline news...wow.

Quote:
RobertW:[b]When we "dethrone God in our hearts" and make Him in our own image we cease to fear Him as God.[/b] He is the only- only one. There is none like unto Him. He is high and exalted. He is not just holy- He is thrice holy. He is not just mighty but ALLMIGHTY. He does not just love- He IS love. When I consider the Lord I tremble and fear. I fear the one who after destroying the body is able to cast the soul into hell. And for fear of the Lord men depart from evil. Isaiah saw himself in the light of the plurality of God's majesty (Elohim) and said "Woe is me for I am undone!" Oh that preachers would preach the majesty of God!

[b]When we "dethrone God in our hearts" and make Him in our own image we cease to fear Him as God.[/b] Who is on the throne of [i]my[/i] heart?

This has been a good thread to read over and ponder. Thank you to those of you who contributed to it.

2007/2/22 16:17
John173

Omaha

Re:

[color=000099]He did a tremendous amount of work. A gut wrenching stripping that went on for many months. The major things were gone after that.[/color]

What an incredible blessing to read about others who have gone through what I am going through. Bless you brother.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/2/22 22:25Profile

Re:

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
It is, it has been, it always will be a heart thing!

Amen and Amen!

Chanin, I concur with you on this specifically and with all of you here.

It is troublesome Chanin, I frankly don't know what to make of it all...perplexed.

Part of it is that my mother-in-law has been saved recently through a church that would fit into this discription...

All the concerns notwithstanding, could it be us?
Certainly our passions run deeper and I know we have talked in the past that this may be good for new believers (the book)...

I don't know, I am so weary of 'programs' and gimmicks, trinkets...worried about the lack of emphasis on repentance, the fears, make that the horrors of giving someone the assurance of salvation without them realizing what they have given themselves up to...false converts or at best deceived converts...What will happen when the storms come if the foundation is shaky or nonexistent?

Just thinking out loud...

To be honest are [i]we[/i] missing something in all this? It's just a question...

Lord help us.

Dear Brother, maybe this is part of the answer?
[color=000099]Revelation 18:
1 After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority; and the earth was made bright with his splendor. 2 And he called out with a mighty voice,
“Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great!
It has become a dwelling place of demons,
a haunt of every foul spirit,
a haunt of every foul and hateful bird; 3 for all nations have drunk the wine of her impure passion,
and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her,
and the merchants of the earth have grown rich with the wealth of her wantonness.”
4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying,
“Come out of her, my people,
lest you take part in her sins,
lest you share in her plagues; 5 for her sins are heaped high as heaven,

Revelation 14:
6 Then I saw another angel flying in midheaven, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; 7 and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, for the hour of his judgment has come; and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the fountains of water.”
8 Another angel, a second, followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who made all nations drink the wine of her impure passion.” [/color]

And yet, historically, with physical Babylon, many of God's people were [i]born[/i] there during the Exile. Maybe this helps make sense of your mother-in-law's conversion in the midst of spiritual Babylon?

But now the call is, I believe, "COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE"

Not necessarily come out physically, though it will probably come to that, but spiritually.

I go to a church that recommends Rick Warren's book, though they haven't started doing the "40 days of purpose". The leaders are lovely men but surely deceived in this area. I can beleive that folk can yet be saved through that church. But then they will have to come out...

There's a need to make a stand in some way, but how??? Openly pointing out the error doesn't work, only increases resistance.

In Him

Jeannette

2007/2/25 17:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy