SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Living in the now with an eye on eternity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Living in the now with an eye on eternity

This morning at the Saturday morning prayer meeting at our church, we learned that our pastor’s wife has just been diagnosed with cancer. They are a young couple, married only a few years. The news was shocking.

As we prayed I couldn’t get away from the feeling that the Lord was trying to impress upon me the urgency of the present moment. It’s so easy to get lulled into believing that I have plenty of time left on this earth, but the truth is that I am not guaranteed the next breath. The suddenlies of life catch many by surprise and can change everything in an instant.

Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit"; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. James 4:13-14

Art Katz in his book Apostolic Foundations says: “When we begin to see all our moments set in the context of eternity, we will bring to those moments an intensity, a care, a solemnity, and a seriousness that we would not otherwise have had.”

I need to begin to live in this reality.

2007/6/23 18:30Profile

Re: Living in the now with an eye on eternity

Good Post Broken one.

This is Spiritual Reality hitting us.

I live each day as if I won't see tomorrow. I've felt that urgency to do so for not a few years now.

Bless you for saying the right thing at the right time.

My daughter's husband of just 5 years is probably facing death too, so I feel for this dear sister, your Pastor's wife and him and all around them. The LORD is ever making this "one day or heart beat from eternity" obvious to us, even through Brother Katz.
I hope we can hear what you have said.

Bless you precious sister.

2007/6/23 19:20
rookie

Re:

Quote:
“When we begin to see all our moments set in the context of eternity, we will bring to those moments an intensity, a care, a solemnity, and a seriousness that we would not otherwise have had.”

Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Isa 51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. [Art] thou not it that hath cut Rahab, [and] wounded the dragon?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/24 18:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy