SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God's dite

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

God's dite

If somthing is harming our body then is it a sin to keep doing it?
If you are wear of it?

Now I ask these question because I was wondering about what we eat in America. Are we not in great sin everyday. And choice to somthing about because we enjoy it or it is easy?

After reading meaning things about the foods we eat daily it hurting our body. This why so many people are getting sick. We can link alot to the fact of how we eat.

So then in the Old T God speak alot about food. Why would God wisdom then not apply to today?

In His Love
charlene

2007/6/23 16:51Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: God's dite

Why would God wisdom then not apply to today?

It does sister :-)

2007/6/23 17:30Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

then why do we still eat pork?
when God said they shouldn't.
Now I understand that in NT say to eat unclean and clean. But still God must known that pork was bad. I no it is not lawful, but when looking to it. It shows that pork in very bad for us.
So then God knew that was bad. So this can still apply today

in his love
cahrlene

2007/6/23 17:53Profile
lovegrace

Re:

The entire purpose of what Paul was saying in Romans 14 (on a matter like this) was that the 'stronger' one spiritually saw that it was fine (not sinful) to eat anything but to the 'weaker' brother, to 'him' (weaker brother) it was sinful *(I.e. their conviction 14:5)*.

Cahrlene, if to you, you feel convicted to 'not eat pork' feel free. Just remember, those that eat pork are NOT any better or worse than you in the Spirit, pertaining to righteousness. (Probably health but not pertaining to how God views them. Rom. 14)

Paul said it well in 1 Cor. 6:12
All things [b]are[/b] [u]lawful[/u] for me, but [b]not all[/b] things are [u]profitable.[/u] All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.

Yet, never forget Romans 13:8
Owe nothing to anyone except [b]to love one another[/b]; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.

Be blessed in your walk with Christ.

2007/6/23 18:18Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
then why do we still eat pork?

It's important to remember that unclean food in the OT was not unclean because it was unhealthy, but because it symbolized being stained with sin and made one unable to approach God and His temple to worship.(Even pork products in moderation are healthy, especially fried pork skins.)

The Christian is not bound beyond his conscience to any such laws. Now gluttony, fullness of bread and abundance of idleness, fits our situation more closely.

*edit* I would say to you though that if I even [i]thought[/i] that eating pork would offend you, I would stay as far away from it as possible. The blessing of edifying brothers and sisters in the Lord is far better than a porkchop :-)*edit*

2007/6/23 19:31Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

do I feel convicted when I eat pork yes.
Not because I feel I am under the law but that it harmful to my body.
although pork is profitable It is not lawful.
it isn't the best thing. Just like Tv, and other things that are not lawful but are a sin in
how they waste our time, if we are to doing other things. So I think pork could be a sin. If knowing it is harmful to our body. Even candy or other foods that are hurting our temple of the Lords

in his love
cahrlene

2007/6/23 20:25Profile
lovegrace

Re:

Quote:

awakenwithin wrote:
it isn't the best thing. Just like Tv, and other things that are not lawful but are a sin in

Follow your convictions. But don't evangelize YOUR convictions. Those convictions are just the 'law written within your heart.' Not the Word of God.

The bible doesn't say 'don't eat pork' in the New Covenent but instead 'follow your convictions on lighter matters.'

Just a word of wisdom,
Joshua

2007/6/24 14:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy