SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : are official pastor biblical

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sicnarf

Canada

are official pastor biblical

Hi! I'm new to this. Just wanted to share some of my own musing on this matter.

I believe that the church as a whole will continue to attract to itself the type of spiritual leaders
it advertises for. If we define church leadership as a position of political power where the pastor is the chairman of every ministries. Where he is to be a cut above the people of God with special titles and seperate seating arrangement. ( big fancy chair on the platform)Then the church will continue to attracts power hungry people to itself. I believe we have copied the world's way of doing bussiness and have incorporated it in the church. Most denominations attracts, train and produces leaders the very same way other worldly industries do. Where can we find in the sciptures the practice of hiring a pastor solely on his giftedness ( ability to preach ) We call a candidate. Hear him preach a couple of times. Questions his theology. Ask him some personal questions pertaining to his integrity and spirituality. Then pray about it for awhile and then vote. How many of us would dare marry someone following this procedure??? The scriptures plainly teaches that elders are mainly to be judged by their Christlike characters and spirituality. How can this happen when the candidate comes not from the local church but hundreds of miles away??? We then are forced to make a decision based a on superficial examination. Anyhow.....got to go. I hope that some of my own reflections may resonate with some of you. Love in Christ.

2007/6/23 16:22Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re: are official pastor biblical

hi brother sicnarf,

welcome to the forum. i appreciate you writing your opinion on the matter, but the best way would be to write it on the original thread that is going already.

if your don't know how to do this, just go to one of the different post on that topic and hit the reply button on the top right of each box (post).. if you need more help, then is a thread (topic) called how to post in the welcome section..

2007/6/23 17:23Profile
sicnarf

Canada

Re:

Thanks Bro! Ya....l made a mistake. I was trying to reply to the common thread but created a new one by mistake. I guess l was born a generation too early....no computers around while growing up. So....l might need some help in the future.

Thanks for the advice.

God bless all!

2007/6/23 23:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy