SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Awesome story

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lovegrace

Awesome story

I know how 'crediable' this is but here it goes. Since their are not dates or specific referances but sounds great and amazing if true.

"How Big is Your God?" by Anonymous

What would have happened had Moses tried to figure out what was needed to accomplish God's command?

One of the biggest mathematical miracles in the world was required in the desert. Moses led the people of Israel to the desert. What was he going to do with them? They had to be fed, and feeding 3 1/2 million people required a lot of food. According to the U.S. Army's Quartermaster General, Moses needed 1,500 tons of food a day, filling two freight trains each a mile long.

For cooking the food it took 4,000 tons of wood and a few more freight trains each a mile long - just for one day! And they were 40 years in transit!

For drinking and washing dishes, it took 11,000,000 gallons each day.

They had to get across the Red Sea in one night. If they went on a narrow path, double file, the line would be 800 miles long and require 35 days and nights to get through. To cross in one night there had to be a space in the Red Sea 3 miles wide so they could walk 5,000 abreast.

A campground the size of Rhode Island, or a total of 750 square miles was required every day!

Do you think Moses figured this all out before he left? I think not. You see, Moses believed in God. He had faith that God would take care of everything. Let us take courage, we have the same God!

2007/6/23 15:40Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Awesome story

Quote:
Let us take courage, we have the same God!

Aleluja!

Psa 147:1 Praise ye the LORD: [b]for it is good[/b] to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.

Psa 52:9 I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints.

2007/6/23 15:50Profile

Bro,

As I understand it, a generous estimate of Hebrews would be around 2 million. But the size of the gap in the Red Sea, to get through in one night [i]must have been [/i]big.

They didn't cook. They had manna.

But, I'm sure they washed what they were supposed to.

True, though, we know the same God. Where's [i]our[/i] faith? Umm.. I mean, what has He said to you, that you have no excuse not to believe?

2007/6/23 17:43
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

lets not forget that even thou they had this miracle feeding every day for 40 years, they saw bread come down from heaven! if i saw that once i would be amazed, yet even thou they saw this only two made it to the promised land....

Hebrews 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. 10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do always err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

Hebrews 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Hebrews 3:12[b]Take heed[/b], brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

3 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; 15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. 16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. 17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

2007/6/23 17:47Profile
lovegrace

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
They didn't cook. They had manna.

Don't forget quail.

Numbers 11:31-33

31 Now there went forth a wind from the LORD and it brought [b]quail[/b] from the sea, and let them fall beside the camp, about a day's journey on this side and a day's journey on the other side, all around the camp and about two cubits deep on the surface of the ground.

32 The people spent all day and all night and all the next day, and gathered the [b]quail[/b] (he who gathered least gathered ten homers) and they spread them out for themselves all around the camp.

33 While [b]the meat[/b] was still between their teeth, before it was chewed, the anger of the LORD was kindled against the people, and the LORD struck the people with a very severe plague.

Sister Lynn(Dorcas), 2 million for what? and what are you referring to. I'm a little confused.

2007/6/23 17:49Profile
Vakugal

Bangalore, India

Re:

Praise God how the simple facts itself reveal how Awesome God is. But thank you for sharing about the Quail also.
Num 11:6 But now our soul is dried away; there is nothing at all besides this manna before our eyes.
Num 11:19 You shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, nor ten days, nor twenty days. Num 11:20 Even a whole month, until it comes out at your nostrils, and it is hateful to you, because you have despised Jehovah among you, and have wept before Him, saying, Why did we come out of Egypt?

There is a time we have cried, Lord I deserve nothing at all, all I deserve is eternal damnation, thank You for Your love.
Nothing has changed.
In the hour of testing may God give us grace to hold on to a grateful heart, looking unto the the Kingdom to come (Heb 11). That we might be counted worthy, that the Lord can say of us, "see here is one who has known that I AM sufficient."

2007/6/24 15:26Profile

lovegrace wrote

Quote:
Sister Lynn(Dorcas), 2 million for what? and what are you referring to. I'm a little confused.

I heard there were two million people - not 3.5 million. But I have no evidence and haven't done the math.

Yeah. The quail. I hadn't forgotten, but I thought I'd said enough.

2007/6/24 16:57
lovegrace

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:
I heard there were two million people - not 3.5 million. But I have no evidence and haven't done the math.

Ah. Cool.

Well, be blessed sweetheart (dorcas).

2007/6/25 16:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy