· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Good Foundational Sermons for New Believers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Good Foundational Sermons for New Believers

Does anybody know any good sermons for new believers

2007/6/23 13:21Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Good Foundational Sermons for New Believers

I am becoming convinced that we should be teaching new believers much more about the attributes of God. So much of what is taught today is about what God can do for me and 6 steps on how to cope in life. I believe we have forgotten to teach about God and His character first and foremost. When we have a correct undertsanding of God then motivation for serving Him in faith and loving others has a solid foundation.

AW Tozer has some great sermons on the character of God...

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=6&min=260&orderby=titleA&show=20]Attributes of God Series by AW Tozer[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word]. (Psalm 27:8 Amplified Bible)

2007/6/23 13:36Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Zac poonen has a whole series of short messages about 15 min each that are excellent to build a "good" foundation

In the meantime let us re-emphasize that the thing that matters is that no 'truth', 'doctrine', theory or teaching, whether it be good or doubtful, must ever be allowed to become either an end in itself, or a sidetrack. It must never be taken out of the essential context of God's full purpose. - Sparks

2007/6/23 15:27Profile
PaulWest

Central Texas

Re: Great Advice!

Quote:
Zac Poonen has a whole series of short messages about 15 min each that are excellent to build a "good" foundation

Absolutely! Zac Poonen's basic messages are the way to go. His "Basic training" course begins [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=157]here[/url] on SermonIndex.

"On the top of those very billows, which look as if they would overwhelm us, walks the Son of God." Oswald Chambers

2007/6/23 16:12Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy