SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : CARNAL CHRISTIAN?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
Finney has done more damage to the teaching of Justification by faith and has destroyed so many people that he ought not be named within Christian circles any longer.

Careful brother. Don't go shaking your finger at Finney until God has used you like He used Finney. Then and then only will you have the right to condemn him. John Wesley baptized infants. Was he a heretic too? What about Girolamo Savonarola? A catholic monk. A man tremendously used by God in revival in Florence. A Monk! Henry Drummond. A good friend of D.L. Moody and a man also very used of God. Drummond was a theistic evolutionist. Don't go pointing fingers until you've shaken this world for God. You've no right too.

2007/6/22 13:09Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
Someone actually agrees with me? So this is what that fells like! please nobody bother me . Im basking in the glory of it....

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know if you meant that to be funny but oh it's killing me! David, you're a dear brother!

2007/6/22 13:12Profile
psalm1

Re:

Oh ...please this is just .......too soon......i want as much milage as possible......this may...........not .......happen.........again............thanks everone!....................................................................................................David

2007/6/22 13:22Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

i guess my question for the writer of this thread is..

what does he mean when he says "is there such a person as a carnal christian"

does he mean a young, immature believer in the faith who loves God but messes up??

or a professing christian who loves his sin and does not want to give it up??

just a few questions..

2007/6/22 17:16Profile
RedeemedgurL

Re:

WHAT I MEAN ACTAULLY IS, THAT IF A PERSON CLAIMS TO BE A CHRISTIAN AND IS ALWAYS IN HIS/HER FLESH, I ALWAYS HEAR THAT THEY'RE CALLED "AN CARNAL CHRISTIAN."

IF THERE IS'NT NO SUCH TERM, WHAT WOULD YOU CALL THAT?

ARE THEY SAVED?

WHAT IS THE ORGINAL GREEK MEANING OF CARNAL?

I AM CONFUSSED. BECAUSE I HEAR THAT TERM BEING USE ALL THE TIME AND I CAN'T HELP IT BUT,IT BOTHERS ME B/C IT SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE ABUSING/MIS- USE THE WORD.

HELP.

2007/6/22 20:38Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

Well, the way I see it is that I don't really necessarily care if they are "saved" or not.
What I mean is this...

The person who lives in their flesh is in great danger. Whether they have made a profession of faith or not, if they are not pulled from the fire quickly they will make a pathway straight to hell. A Christian cannot remain in the flesh. They must be continually sanctified. If they don't there are several scriptures already mentioned in this thread to support that their destination will not be abiding with the Father (since they didn't even try to abide in the Son).

So basically, my advice is not to get so caught up in the theology of the matter. Salvation from sin is wrought now, so the old man should suffocate more and more. The most important thing in the entire world is to serve God in spirit and truth. When the term carnal Christian is used to deaden a person to living a life for God and a license to sin its a doctrine of the devil.

Besides...

Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. Rom 8:7

The word is being misused because people want to justify their love for the world. But Jesus says that friendship with the world is enmity with God. Fleshly people will not inherit the kingdom of God. We are to be reborn, walking in the spirit not by the flesh.

I don't know much about greek. I do know that when I look at the strong numbers at blueletterbible.org, there are two different numbers. Here they are for your edification-
carnal one: http://cf.blb.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?strongs=4559
carnal two: http://cf.blb.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?strongs=4561

2007/6/22 23:54Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

when paul writes in 1 corinthians 3 that they were still acting carnal, he does not say that they were not saved.. he says that they were babes in Christ and that they were acting as if they weren't saved.. he does not tell them they were lost.

he says that he fed them with milk and not meat because they could not receive it then and that they still couldn't receive it. why?? because they were still immature, not because they were lost..

he's saying that there is sin in there life and it is causing them to remain as babes and not grow up.

2007/6/23 0:06Profile
psalm1

Re:

Redeemedgurl,carnal in the greek translates"fleshly"
It is a biblical term.Paul used it. 1cor3:3 and rom8:6 Talks about behaving badly or being carnally minded.
ever see a christian behave badly? They are "in the flesh".....Carnal
We all have acted selfishly. Inconsiderate of others.This is carnal minded.
paul said walk in the spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
here you see the 2 paths of the believer. It takes discipline and determination to walk in the spirit.
most dont want to because of the "E" word....."EFFORT"
make sense?
David

2007/6/23 0:10Profile
psalm1

Re:

Reedeemedgurl, there is a website called bible gateway. you can look up scripture there.
............David

2007/6/23 0:15Profile
rookie

Re:

Someone wrote:

Quote:
"your faith must have some evidence other than that to be true faith."

This is somewhat missing the mark concerning this thread. Paul writes that babes in Christ are prone to live according to the flesh. They often times do not obey the Spirit. One's faith that is based on the fleshly mind will only enable that man's works to be of the flesh and thus will burn.

However if one's faith, that is, if one hears what the Spirit says and does what the Spirit calls him to do, this man's faith is in the will of God.

Those who have not learned to obey the voice of God are subject to many false doctrines. They are tossed to and fro with the vain philosophies of men.

Only the love of the truth will save one from deception. Carnal Christians exist because they are babes in Christ.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/6/23 6:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy