SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : CARNAL CHRISTIAN?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gammo

Wales

Re:

Is there such a thing as a carnal Christian, James says that a friend of the world is an enemy of God, Christians are not Gods enemies. read James 4:4-10

2007/6/22 11:22Profile

Re:

There is a reason Paul, John, yes even the Lord Himself continually warned us "DONT BE DECEIVED"... because of the utter depth and well orchestrated deception that the devil would produce and present us with.

I utter the word of God again... don't be deceived a carnal christian is no christian at all. They must repent and be converted by Gods grace.

In Christ - Jim

2007/6/22 11:30
psalm1

Re:

How sold out are we? To the degree we're not is our level of carnality.
Maybe everyone here thinks he is so strong and pure "no carnality here".
But if you were snatched up suddenly and found yourself at the very foot of Gods throne. Well, we all would sing a diff. tune.
"Walk in the spirit and ye shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh"
If we are not relying on the Holy Spirit to check our carnality .....
......David

2007/6/22 11:41Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

How is it that we have forgotten the FACT that we are justified by faith. Justification is a one time legal declaration that the record against us has been blotted out.

Now sanctification is also a one time act that works out in a progression. The words used for sanctify mean to sat aside, to make holy etc. but are not something man can do. Remember Jesus' words to the Pharisees, "which is greater the gold in the temple, or the temple that sanctifies the gold?" In the same way, which is greater, the man that is sanctified, or the one who sanctifies the man?

Finney has done more damage to the teaching of Justification by faith and has destroyed so many people that he ought not be named within Christian circles any longer. He preached much what the Roman Catholic Church believes in that a man must be sanctified to justified. This of course is a lie, and why the Reformers spoke so boldly against it. But at leas in the Roman system they are told there is a place called purgatory where they can be absloved of their sin, Finney simply leaves people in a works righteousness system without the work of Christ where man himself must get himself to Heaven.

If you believe this, why preach to anyone? there is no hope in this. Men know they are damned, and some of them could care less about it, but if there is no hope of Life, what are you offering people? Christ came to give life, not laws and not morals, but Life or better yet Himself.

In short, those who tell men they must work to earn Heaven have turned away from the righteousness of Christ through grace, and have yoked themselves to the righteousness which comes by works, and brethren no man can be justified by his works because even the good ones are tainted with sin.

2007/6/22 12:06Profile

Re:

“1 ¶ And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 [b]For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?”[/b] 1 Corinthians 3:1-3

Recently God broke my heart over this area of carnality. Through studying on the Spirit-filled life I learned the definition of a carnal believer and a Spirit-filled believer. The Spirit-filled believer is controlled by the Spirit of God. The carnal believer is ‘man-centered’. Every one and thing exists for the benefit of me. I self-righteously applied this definition of carnality to another situation amongst Christians where there had been some envying, strife, and division. But later God nailed me with carnality in my life where I had been focused on me and what I wanted. Oh, I wept at the pride that was in my heart! Even in spiritual matters I can so easily be carnal in that [i]I am right and my view is the right one.[/i] It’s really rooted in spiritual pride and is such a grief to God. I do believe there is much carnality in the Church, and it is a result of Christians not walking in the Spirit and being controlled by the Spirit.

Those were my thoughts when I read this thread and I felt lead to share. Oh that we would all be completely surrendered to God and controlled by the Holy Spirit every minute of every day!!

Blessings,
Joy

2007/6/22 12:09

Re:

Quote:
In short, those who tell men they must work to earn Heaven have turned away from the righteousness of Christ through grace, and have yoked themselves to the righteousness which comes by works, and brethren no man can be justified by his works because even the good ones are tainted with sin.

You are creating a false picture of what the scripture says. Becareful that you dont indict Paul, James and the Lord Himself with your over generalized comment.

A man is not justified by faith alone... James 2:24

In Christ - Jim

2007/6/22 12:13
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
A man is not justified by faith alone... James 2:24

Yes, true justification produces works. But this passage is also speaking to the Jewish people James was addressing, and the phrase, "thou believest that there is one God" literally is, "you believe that God is one" Now remember the OT, where it said,"hear oh Israel the Lord our God is one"

James is using this to get their attention that their justification was not from the fact that they were Jews, or because they believed God is one. Thus he goes on, "your faith must have some evidence other than that to be true faith."

2007/6/22 12:46Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

Quote:
Maybe everyone here thinks he is so strong and pure "no carnality here".
But if you were snatched up suddenly and found yourself at the very foot of Gods throne. Well, we all would sing a diff. tune.

Excellent statement David. One thing I've noticed in the Bible is that in almost every account of someone having a vision of God or our Glorified Lord the person (e.i. John, Isaiah, Ezekiel, etc.) falls on their face "as dead". Isaiah cried "Woe is me! I am undone for I am a man of unclean lips!" Edward Payson was a man totally overcome by the sense of his exceeding sinfullness even though he was probably the holiest american of the 19th century. We all will have a level of carnality until we go to be with God for eternity. Ah, but that doesn't mean we just accept it, but rather that we should strive all the more to be spiritual and totally free from our carnal nature.

2007/6/22 12:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
"your faith must have some evidence other than that to be true faith."

Amen lamb.. now we're on the same page. Paul also clearly lays out works of the flesh, which when continued in will disqaulify your profession of faith. (1 Cor 6:9-10)

Funny that I am standing for holiness in one thread, but others would view me as speaking against it in another...

So is life at sermon index :oP

In Christ - Jim

2007/6/22 12:54
psalm1

Re:

Someone actually agrees with me? So this is what that fells like! please nobody bother me . Im basking in the glory of it....
,/.....David

2007/6/22 12:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy