SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Last Days in A Little While

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Last Days in A Little While

Ok, I want to talk about time statements.

I am going to post a lot of scriptures so bare with me. I think it was Grannie Annie that said you need to post a truck load of scriptures to make a doctrine stick. Well here it is, and I only pray that everyone reading it doesn't turn a blind eye and not see where I am going with this. And whatever you do, don't throw that 'Thousands years as one day' verse in replies, to me, thats like pulling a rabbit out of the hat when something can't be explained, like throwing dust in your eyes to change the subject. This is just FYI stuff, so I am not looking for mystical interpretation, bible must interpret bible. Amen?

The subject is "A Little While".

Is the "A little while" a shorter time span then the other "a little whiles" in other places of the bible?? Lets be reasonable, thats all I am asking.

I am going to place the verses here where this occurs and I would appreciate that all those interested in this subject that you would read each verse carefully and consider each one without trying to insert your position on what your last day bible stance is. I am only placing the verse in which these words occur, if you want the full context please look it up for yourself.

Here they are:

Quote:
Luke 22:58 And after a little while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not.

John 7:33 Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.

John 12:35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

John 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

John 16:17 Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?

John 16:18 They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.

John 16:19 Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?

[b][color=993300]Hebrews 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.[/color][/b]

2007/6/20 19:31

Re: The Last Days in A Little While

Compliments, I think you 'may' have noticed that I like to agree where we can agree on issues because I've learned a while ago, that we cannot change each other's minds ... only the Holy Spirit through His Word can.

I'm also pushing for time here, as I explained elsewhere's today.

I'll leave this old thread here, just to leave my opinion or some sort of a reply to this thread, because I haven't time to go on with this much longer.

Bless you and when we agree, we Sure do agree, the whole bunch of us. Bless GOD.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6767&forum=36

Thanks Friend.
me again - Annie

2007/6/20 20:18

Re:

Quote:
Grannie Annie said: I've learned a while ago, that we cannot change each other's minds ... only the Holy Spirit through His Word can.

Amen, unless it's quickened, it's just words. The only reason why I take a stand on certain issues is because of the wording in the bible, and I know that you do too. However, the stuff we conjure up to make a doctrine can be quite scary. I like your statement, let bible interpret bible.

2007/6/20 20:32

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
I am not looking for mystical interpretation, bible must interpret bible. Amen?

The subject is "A Little While".

Is the "A little while" a shorter time span then the other "a little whiles" in other places of the bible?? Lets be reasonable, thats all I am asking.

I am going to place the verses here where this occurs and I would appreciate that all those interested in this subject that you would read each verse carefully and consider each one without trying to insert your position on what your last day bible stance is. I am only placing the verse in which these words occur, if you want the full context please look it up for yourself.

Here they are:

Luke 22:58 And after a little while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not.

John 7:33 Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.

John 12:35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

John 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

John 16:17 Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?

John 16:18 They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.

John 16:19 Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?

[b][color=993300]Hebrews 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.[/color][/b]

Hi Compliments.

That's an interesting study. Is "a little while" the same wording in each of these quotes? (No time to check at the moment - have spent far too much time on the computer this evening already!)

The Hebrews quote was the one that sprung to mind before reading to the end of your post.

Your queston was
Quote:

My reasonable thought is that its impossible to tell! How can we KNOW what [i]the Lord[/i] means in terms by "a little while"? Or do you believe He's bound by time, as we are?

Maybe we're like children on a journey - "Are we there yet?" And Father says, "Not long now", meaning another 2 hours, but the child thinks he means 2 minutes!

I'm honestly not trying to beg the queston, but just don't know.

Interesting to look at other "little whiles" in the whole of the Scriptures. Maybe some othre thoughts will come then...

Another relevant Scripture is Jesus' answer to the question of restoring the kingdom to Israel, "It is not for you to know the times and seasons which the Father has put into His own power..." (Acts 1:7)

We do indeed need to recognise the "signs of the times", but not the exact length of time.

And the "signs of the times" are indeed that it is "not long now".

I have a feeling that it may well be in my lifetime, but could be mistaken.

I doubt very much if this old earth will be allowed to go on another 50 years though.

But that's simply personal opinion...

It could be next month, next year, in 20 years, tonight or tomorrow...

The point is to be ready: watch and pray and keep the faith.

Blessings

Jeannette

2007/6/21 16:43
Jeppe

The Netherlands

Hi compliments,

You asked if there are different "little whiles". I say it is apperently so. Simply because the scriptures you qouted from John are already fulfilled in the gospels itself. Jesus is talking about His death and resurrection and ascension. Some other versers (Like that hebrew verse) refer to the day of the Lord and the second coming of Jesus. Obviously these are not yet fulfilled and involve a much greater timespan than the little whiles in the gospels you quoted. So I think it is not impossible to know if there are different little whiles, only time can tell, and it did, right? :-)

1 John 2:18 Little children, [b]it is[/b] the last time

Is 13:6 Howl ye; for [b]the day of the LORD is at hand;[/b] it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty. 7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt: be faint: or, fall down8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames. be amazed: Heb. wonder one...: Heb. every man at his neighbour flames: Heb. faces of the flames9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. 10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine. 11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible. 12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir. 13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: [b]for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;[/b] trumpet: or, cornet2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

Zeph. 1:14 [b]The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly,[/b] even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. 15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, 16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers. 17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. 18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, [b]the day is at hand:[/b]

1 Peter 4:7 [b]But the end of all things is at hand:[/b] be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 [b]The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness;[/b] but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 [b]Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God,[/b] wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for [b]the time is at hand.[/b]

12 And, behold, [b]I come quickly;[/b] and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, [b]Surely I come quickly.[/b] Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

2 Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, [b]as that the day of Christ is at hand.[/b]3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

2000 years after John penned down it was the last time, the time is definetly later. The day of the Lord is coming, it is still at hand and even nigher, Jesus is still coming quickly, eventhough it does not appear so after 2000 years have passed (2 days for the Lord (sorry compliments)). But remember that the Lord is not slack concerning his promise, neither do we need to be troubled and let no man decieve us that it is only a couple of days ahead and thus we can stop working. But we do need to be sober and prayerfully watch for the coming of the Lord. He will come the same way as he went, with the clouds.

(With eternity in mind, I think the day of the Lord is at hand from the fall, 6000 years is not that much, we're just like grass)

Blessings,

Jeppe

2007/6/21 18:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy