Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Treasures of Darkness ~ Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Treasures of Darkness ~ Chambers

[b]Treasures of Darkness[/b]
[i]Isaiah 45:3[/i]

It is the glory of God to conceal His treasures in embarrassments, i.e., in things that involve us in difficulty. “I will give thee the treasures of darkness.” We would never have suspected that treasures were hidden there, and in order to get them we have to go through things that involve us in perplexity. There is nothing more wearying to the eye than perpetual sunshine, and the same is true spiritually. [b]The valley of the shadow gives us time to reflect, and we learn to praise God for the valley because in it our soul was restored in its communion with God. God gives us a new revelation of His kindness in the valley of the shadow.[/b] What are the days and the experiences that have furthered us most? The days of green pastures, of absolute ease? No, they have their value; but the days that have furthered us most in character are the days of stress and cloud.

~Oswald Chambers, Still Higher For His Highest

2007/6/19 10:25

Re: Treasures of Darkness ~ Chambers

Joy, thank you for this.

I love coming to the Devotional Section.
It seems to be the sweetest quiet place to come to when we need refreshing.

Here I find sisters & brothers holding their lamps, humbly waiting on the LORD.

Thank you for helping to supply this oil through the things you post and others who post here regularly also.
Sincere thanks to the oil bearers on this forum.

2007/7/4 21:37

Re: Treasures of Darkness ~ Chambers

Dear Sister Joy,

Thank you again for posting this exhortation and the others.

Just when I am most down, a sister will type something that will show me that The LORD has not been deaf to our pain, whether it be physical or otherwise.

Thank you and may I leave something that a very dear sister wrote to me, just when I was at my worst in sadness .... as in last nite and then still when waking thia morning ... her timing was HIM.

""Lord, help me to glorify Thee;

I am poor, help me to glorify Thee by contentment;

I am sick, help me to give Thee honor by patience;

I have talents, help me to extol Thee by spending them for Thee;

I have time, Lord, help me to redeem it, that I may serve thee;

I have a heart to feel, Lord, let that heart feel no love but Thine, and glow with no flame but affection for Thee;

I have a head to think, Lord, help me to think of Thee and for Thee; Thou hast put me in this world for something, Lord, show me what that is, and help me to work out my life-purpose: I cannot do much, but as the widow put in her two mites, which were all her living, so, Lord, I cast my time and eternity too into Thy treasury; I am all Thine; take me, and enable me to glorify Thee now, in all that I say, in all that I do, and with all that I have."

LORD, help us to grow and be conformed to YOUR Image.

Bless you sister - with all of my heart.
LOVE and see you 'Then'.
Annie

2007/7/9 8:55

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy