Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SPONSOR: templemount.com

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 SPONSOR: templemount.com

[b]Peace Like a River - It is Well with my Soul - The Spafford Hymn[/b]
I would like to personally encourage everyone to support SermonIndex by getting a wonderful poster copy of this original hymn manuscript. I think its a wonderful idea and a blessing to the body of Christ.

[i]Revival is born through travail
A family tragedy is behind the history of this magnificent hymn
that has become a moving inspiration to many people, the world over[/i]

Horatio Spafford, a Chicago lawyer and church leader planned a holiday in Europe in 1873, Anna, his wife, with their four little daughters going on ahead in the luxury steamer SS Ville du Havre. In mid-Atlantic disaster struck. The ship was rammed and hit amidships by another vessel and sank in minutes. Of the hundreds aboard only 47 were saved, among them Anna, rescued unconscious on a floating spar and taken by the rescue ship to France. From Paris she cabled the awful news to her husband: "Saved Alone" read more...

more information about the hymn:
http://templemount.com/spafford/

to [i][b]order[/b][/i] your own poster copy click here:
http://templemount.com/spafford/printorder.html

2004/4/15 13:34Profile
moreofHim

Re: SPONSOR: templemount.com

Greg,
this is a really cool idea- even for a gift (for my Father in law. He would love this!). I love this whole story behind it.

If we just get the print and not the poster- does it still help support Sermonindex?

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/4/15 16:35Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If we just get the print and not the poster- does it still help support Sermonindex?

Hi Chanin, Well this brother is paying $50 to be a sponsor of SermonIndex. He is waiting to bless my ministry but also feasably he needs help to keep paying the $50 to support SermonIndex. So yes if there are 2 people per month who get the print then that would help SermonIndex quite directly. I really liked the idea and its neat to have sponsors where I fully agree with the principle and vision behind it.

2004/4/15 16:39Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would like to personally encourage everyone to support SermonIndex by getting a wonderful poster copy of this original hymn manuscript. I think its a wonderful idea and a blessing to the body of Christ.

I am just reminding people about this unique wonderful idea. I am sure the sponsor would love to hear your feedback and encouragments and if you are led you can get your own copy of the original hymn.

2004/4/17 2:05Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

What are peoples thoughts on this intresting ministry idea? I think its very unique, if you feel led support him by purchasing a copy of that hymn, I am pondering on doing it myself. :-P

2004/4/24 0:18Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

It is a great idea, I echo Chanin's comment's, it would be a great gift for someone. A fascinating story!

2004/4/24 0:49Profile
sdb

tucson

Re: great idea

I think its an excellent idea Greg! I know many people that would love this as a gift!

2004/5/15 0:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy