SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : the story of a father and a daughter,

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

The day when his ex wife would come to visit.
Each didn't know what to say. What was to say after not talking fo r 10 years? After small, he said may I talk with alone.
Look I forgive you. and I stil love and always will. What has happened in the past is the past. May we let it go. Please live for God. Don't harden your heart. Our daughter wants to be a missionary let her go. Send her. let her follow where ever God calls her. I love you. I hope to see you in heaven. She said I forgive you too. I am sorry you are sick. He said " it better I am sick and know God then die happy and go to hell"
God ways are good.

Then came the harder trail. He was married to a women whom left him and was living with aother man. He thought maybe she he get her back for five years he wrote letters. he didn't want it to end. But there was no coming back. She came to say good by.

He made his peace with other friends to make what was wrong to right. To know he wasn't dying with things undone.
when we are willing to forgive there comes true healing from the past. He was freed from te cahins of bitterness of the past when he let go.

2007/7/21 21:39Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

So the year was coming to the end his daugher was getting ready to go to Africa. Still 8 months to go before she would leave. he was getting weaker she was doing more and more. " Come on dad you can't stay here by yourself"
he said back " I can I will I don't need any help. I like being out here no people" " If I go in town I can't shoot my gun" SHe said I think you can give up shooting your guns" " I can't leave to africa with you here by yourself" " there is a place in Flagstaff or Tucson with your son." He said I will think about it"
he was set in his ways. He wasn't one to change.
If he didn't want to do he wasn't going to do it.
But his daughter was just like him was set in her ways, and pushed and fought for him to see her way.
she said " I will not go to africa if you don't want me too. But her heart she was set and she was going, only God could stop her. She thought if God telling me to go then I have to go. I have to obey. He said no go Don't let me stop me" But deep in his heart he didn't want his daughter to go. although he said you must follow God' ways. He said " you have by blessing. go" he like her there.He look forward to having her there. But she couldn't see it as clear.
He said let me tell you a story about your brother " I was cutting wood and he wanted to climb the tree. Then I heard a cry dad dad very far away. I looked up and there 40 feet up was your brother, come down. No I need your help. I said God I can't get you gotta get him. We gotta down safe.

2007/7/21 21:56Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

The richness of life stories can so easly be forgotten. She often tride to get him tell stories and write them down. But it seem the day went by and few where told.

She had worked everything out for her father to go to her brothers house.. It was getting hard for her father to drive and walk. She wouldn't have him be alone. She had thought maybe I shouldn't go maybe I should say with my father? But everything was getting ready for her to go. She felt it was God will for her to go and she would obey even if her was to die when she was gone, She thought I have to obey God no matter what. If God dosn't want me to go then he will colse all doors.

Her father had prayed over her, and had told her I gave my blessing to you.
In funny ways God can change our plans and make us go a differnt way.

They moved everything to her brothers house. Set up everything, she now had only one month and she was to fly to Africa.
There was a bitter heart within her father, why he had to be moved. I want to go back was in his spirit, where I can shout my guns. where my dog can run. There was a homesickness in his heart. It was hard to be living in such small place with all his freedom taken away. But God had better and sweeter plans that were ahead for him.

2007/8/13 23:50Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

With her bags packed, and all ready.
She got a call from the Church telling they unsure that she should go. It seemed her health wasn't doing well.They had a great fear she would die and not come back alive. A few days later they reported that they not let her go.

She given almost everything away, she didn't what God had for her. But she knew God had closed the door. So with joy she accepted it.
She ask her brother if she could say with him for just short while, until she figured out what God wanted her to do..

2007/8/14 22:19Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

As she sat with father he thought back to the time when God had gotten a hold of him..
he turned to his daughter and said..
" Heaven Awaits
Praise be to God, for each day we draw closer to victory. Eternity is forever, and soon the cares of this world will behind us. I rember one night as I lay in bed, my body sick from this ugly cancer, I spilled away, their I was, standing in front of God, I awoke and yelled out, there is a God. I was indeed shaken, was it a dream, was it a vison, was it Jesus. What I saw I can not even began to understand, but yet my sprit rejoices. Some thing inside of my heart tells me that there is a holy city, a new Jerusalem, and that the promises of God are true. John says, I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. And he heard a loud voice from the thorn saying, “ Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or morning, or crying, or pain, for the old Order of things has passed away. God said that I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He that over comes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he we be my son. Rev 21:1-7.

wow dad she said when did this happen?
Hw looked at her just a week ago.

I do look forward to heaven, what a wonderful thought.she said
a tears came from his eyes. " oh how I long to be with my King" he said Jesus said, that in my fathers house are many rooms, if were not so I would not told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. Are savior is personally preparing a place for us in glory. John 14:1-4.
Daughter do not let the cares of this life separate you from the love of God, but rejoice for soon and very soon, were going to see our King. I tell you that there is a home for the righteousness, and if we keep his promises close to our hearts, we will all see that new heaven and new earth. I pray my dear daughter that you lift your self up this day, and encourage a other person, because we shall be in paradise with God.

dad what a wonderful thought to see God. She said
Again he said to her "you Know that living with this sickness has been very difficult and I find that my body grows weaker, and I appear to be tried & frail. But I declare to you, that my sprit draws closer to my living God each and every day. My strength is not of my self, but comes the God of our fathers, his words are true, his love is pure, and his glory will last forever. Don’t let the cares or even the lies of this world keep you from, knowing and living the truth.
For us that will simply trust and believe in the death & resurrection of Jesus Christ our Savor, than to you...Heaven Awaits.."

2007/8/16 1:01Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

come and sit down I have a story to tell you..
she came and sat to listen
you said to me.. “I am hungry; what is there to eat? I can’t reach the water; can you help me please?”, Abby asked. She scampers through the kitchen looking for something.
She heard a yelling voice, “You are eating again!”
“Yes, I am hungry.”
“Ok, but you make sure you clean up your mess.”
“Ok, I will. You know you told me that already.”
“I know, but you forget.”
“No I don’t. I always clean up after myself”, she said.
“No you don’t.”
“Yes I do.”
She could hear the blaring of the evening news, Good Evening Arizona. They ramble on. She set to the task of getting food, because she was so hungry. She put in the meat in to heat up as she ate salad. She was told that she was so weird to eat so many greens. She turned the burner to hi. It began to burn and smoke filled the room. The voice was back.
“Not again Abby! Every night you smoke up the house! You got to stop this. We are not delighted with the brunt smell!”
“I am sorry,” she said.
“Don’t cook any more.”
But I am hungry. I have to eat. They just don’t understand how eating right helps me feel good, she thought. Forgiveness was made and good nights said.
“I love you,” she yelled, “and Jesus loves you! You know what?”, she said as she peeked her head through the door, “I love you.” Then she closed the door and peeked out again. “You know?”
He said with a smile, “Yes, Jesus loves you and you know I love you too.”
She walked away proud of herself. It was so simple, she thought. I am going to tell him everyday that Jesus loves him. Then it will help him remember how much He does. Dear Lord, help my daddy know you love Him. Thanks for loving me. She closed her eyes and fell fast asleep.

She woke up the next day eager to start. She ran to the window and said, “Daddy, is Jesus coming today? I sure would love to see him.” She pointed to him. “Daddy what do you think heaven will be like?”
With a still, stern face he answered, “Dear child I don’t know. Bur I’ll tell you one thing,” he said with a great big smile, “there will be good food because we dine with the Lord.”
This delighted her! “Oh Daddy! You know how much I love food!” Then she began to ramble on about all different kinds that might be there. He stopped her and said, “Addy?”
“Yes dad?”
“You know what the best part of heaven will be?”
“What daddy, what?”
“It is being with Jesus.”
“He must be pretty fun to play with! Oh, and do you think he will ride a bike with me? I do that with my beast friends. And do you think he will eat ice cream? Jesus is going to be the best friend ever! I want to see him now! When is he coming?”
“I don’t know, no one knows. It says he come any day.”
“Wow! Any day? Why not today?”
“Well get ready for school now, ok?
“Ok, I will.”

2007/8/18 19:19Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Now that all three live in the same home they had some fights, Lots of pride to broken down.
They might of had good moments. There was time that flesh won. When their tongues where as though they were set on fire by hell. They were not building up by tearing down. They yell out saying things they never thought they would say.
There emotions battled, they didn't wanted to be broken, did they dear to be humbled? Again and again they acted out of anger and not love.

One day her and father were fighting. Stop she yelled, Stop stop talking to me. You can't stop us they yelled back. Their anger was building up. They wanted their point to be made.
She was boiling inside. She yelled out with the most wicked words. and ran off to her room.
There she talked with God. I will not say I am sorry. Didn't hear what he said. He hurt me. But deep inside she knew need to say she was sorry. Then it hit her, why I am not really sorry? Why I am not weeping over this sin? I need to be humble, Help me lord to love this man. He says things that upset me, how can I let go?
after hours of fighting with her own flesh
she finally came out to say she was sorry.

She saw at that time, her prayer was to pray to hate this sin, of her words to her father. That she could use them to honor him and lift him up.
But what a battle we face, with our flesh, how we want to do this, but do the other things. It was a growing to put to death the flesh. It was walk of falling and getting back up.

She poured out her can I change, can you bring deep true repentances in my heart?

2007/8/18 19:38Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

for a whole year they lived together, each day a layer of flesh was pilled away. His daughter had fought for years to get him to stop drinking. Wasn't God able she thought .But was he willing yield to Christ? The day came she said " God I will love him and accept this, I will honor as my father even if ever stops. God only you can change him.

a week later her father came to her, I going to stop drinking. But this time I am going to God. God can keep from this. and he never drank until he died.

He was on who loved to sit in the sun and work with his hands. If when he couldn't walk much he would go outside and sit in sun.

But the day came when he got a hospital bed, more and more he rested in bed. This was when her father started to write letters.

he called her in, listen to this what do you think?
Jesus called out from among the crowd, for off in a distance was a blind man. The scriptures tell us that it was Bartimaeus, a blind beggar placed on the side of road. Maybe he was nobody of any importance, no worldly wealth, not a educated man and surly no one need listen to him, just a blind beggar. And as he sat there alone, in a world of darkness, a world despair, a world filled with broken promises, it was then he heard that it was Jesus that was coming his way. His world had left him blind and empty, but the thought of calling out to the son of David gave him hope. And he cried out, and made himself such a rucks so all could hear, and Jesus the son of the living God stopped and called out to him, and told him to simply come. As we fight with lives daily affairs, its easy to become so wrapped up, and to forget about the words of our savorier. To simply drop everything and just come. When I was young I would listen to my friends talk about the meaning of life. Very few of us really seemed to know anything and found our selves struggling with life problems. Little did I know about Gods gift towards mankind and that his only son, Jesus died so many years ago on the cross at calvary. His death and his resurrection brought a new hope and a new reunion with God. For life is a gift, a wonderful gift, and we all were created by a touch of the master hand. God redeemed his creation by sacrificing his only son, for the sins of mankind. We have been set free, longer subject to the conditions of bondage. Look no longer to worries of this world, but towards Jesus. Cast your doubts, your scattered relationships, your addictions, your fears ,and your broken hearts on him. Jesus is faithful to forgive us of our sins, if will simply come to him. Blind Bartimaeus cried out, and the son of a living God, the one that hung stars in the heavens above, stopped, and told him to come. When Bartimaeus heard the voice of Jesus, and the commandment to come, he dropped anything and ran towards his salivation, for he was still blind, but he did not need his eyes to guide him to the lamb of God. We all need the boldness that Bartimaeus had. He had not seen any of the miracles done by Jesus, but yet he responded with faith from the words he had heard. We all must over come our fears, and our doubts, and take that step to call on him. As I sit in my wheelchair, I wait to hear the voice of my master, and on great and wonderful day, all my struggles, all the sickness, all the worries, all the cares of this world will be forever left behind. I will leave this wheelchair, and start running towards my risen savorer, the King of Kings & Lord of Lords. Jesus said come to me, all of you that are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I ’am humble and gentle to your heart, and you will find rest in your souls. Matthew 11:28. Now rejoice my bothers and sisters for, soon and very soon, we are all going to see the King. Listen with your hearts, and fill your souls & minds with his holy words, and as you lay down lives daily struggles, take up his yoke, and find rest for your souls in the words of almighty God. I declare to you, that if you will simply call out on the name of Jesus, then the God that creator heaven and earth will stop and hear your cries. It did not matter what the crowds thought, for Bartimaeus had appointment with the living God. Lift up your hands and yours hearts this day and you will hear, Jesus saying, if you are in need of comfort, in need of a new life, a need of rest, then simply come to me..

Your brother in Christ...

2007/8/18 21:01Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

he sat there and wrote another letter
Greeting to my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. May the love of God keep you always. I write to you from my heart and soul. As I fight this sickness have come to realize that what matters most is the importance of a human soul. As I lay in this bed hour after hour, all I can think about is having just one more chance to share the love of Jesus. As death approaches nothing else seems to mater, but to hear the words " well done good and faithful servant." What matters the most to god is his Glory and his love for lost souls. We all were lost once ourselves and I pray that we never forget the very day and hour that God reached down and touched are lives. Our lives were empty and are souls were lost, until that faithful day, when we were saved by the blood of Christ. To own a fancy car is great, a nice home to rise a family, a job with adequate income is very important, family and friends are a need in our lives, but let us not forget the true calling that God laid on are hearts. Reach out to others, its time. If you fire up the barbeque, then invite someone different to come to dinner, its time. When you do a little grocery shopping, get some extra food and drop off to someone in need, its time. When you hear of someone that is in need of a little cash, stop by with a word of encouragement show them the love of god through you, by your willing act, its time. Share your love, share your time, share your life, and above all share what Jesus has done for you, its time. Go and tell all you can, open up your heart, your home, your life, and be bold, be understanding, be forgiving, and most of all be there. Look around and watch what is happening in the world today. This tiny little planet is getting ready to explode. As Christians we have the answer, we are the hope to help those who are in need. Be there, be strong, and be the voice of Jesus, its time.

Yours in Jesus

2007/8/18 21:02Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Heaven awaits

Praise be to God, for each day we draw closer to victory. Eternity is forever, and soon the cares of this world will behind us. One night as I lay in bed, my body sick from this ugly cancer, I spilled away, their I was, standing in front of God, I awoke and yelled out, there is a God. I was indeed shaken, was it a dream, was it a vison, was it Jesus. What I saw I can not even began to understand, but yet my sprit rejoices. Some thing inside of my heart tells me that there is a holy city, a new Jerusalem, and that the promises of God are true. John says, I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. And he heard a loud voice from the thorn saying, " Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or morning, or crying, or pain, for the old Order of things has passed away. God said that I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He that over comes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he we be my son. Rev 21:1-7. So my dear brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus hold on to what your heart knows that is true. Worry yourself not about understanding the false teachings of the DaVinci code, but remember the truth that lives in your heart, for that is code that will surly brings eternal life. Jesus said, that in my fathers house are many rooms, if were not so I would not told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. Are savior is personally preparing a place for us in glory. John 14:1-4.

Do not let the cares of this life separate you from the love of God, but rejoice for soon and very soon, were going to see our King. I tell you that there is a home for the righteousness, and if we keep his promises close to our hearts, we will all see that new heaven and new earth. I pray that you lift your self up this day, and encourage one another, because we shall be in paradise with God.

Living with this sickness has been very difficult and I find that my body grows weaker, and I appear to be tried & frail. But I declare to all of you, that my sprit draws closer to my living God each and every day. My strength is not of my self, but comes the God of our fathers, his words are true, his love is pure, and his glory will last forever. Don’t let the cares or even the lies of this world keep you from, knowing and living the truth.

For us that will simply trust and believe in the death & resurrection of Jesus Christ our Savor, than to you...Heaven Awaits..

Your brother in Jesus

2007/8/18 21:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy