SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A former believer's wedding

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

I just wanted to encourage you to love. Love is the greatest of these.

Quote:
I believe very strongly in standing for Christ, in separation from the world unto Him

The world is the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life (1 John 2.16), and these things we should separate ourselves from... not people (people will pick this apart but generally speaking not people).

Your friends who will not be attending her wedding because "they" disagree with her life, how is this going to love her and lead her to Christ? (If you ever falter, where will they be for you?) I don't understand people sometimes and I wonder what Jesus will say when we stand before Him to give an accountant of our "works" and the "lack of" fruit in our lives. (And I'm 48 by the way!) :-? !!

Well, that's just Lisa's humble take on based on what I've read. I believe in love even when it doesn't make sense, I would rather Christ chide me on that Day for loving too much than not enough.

God bless you in your walk with Him,
Lisa

2007/6/22 6:28
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

I was recently blessed by reading the story of the woman brought before Jesus who had been caught in the act of adultery. I had never really paid attention to the detail that apparently this happened in front of a group of people Jesus was teaching. These are people who were under law and that day they not only heard His words of grace, they saw a demonstration of it.

I honestly believe that I have spoken to her (and continue to speak to her) all the things that the Lord has put on my heart. This thread has helped to clarify this situation for me and I will go to this wedding fully confident that it is pleasing to the Lord. And that is what matters.

Thanks to you all.

Danielle

2007/6/22 13:54Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear brokenone,

i'm so glad to hear that the post on this thread have been beneficial to you and your walk.. the poeple here are amazing and i am glad that you have full confidence in Christ as to what the Lord's will is..

2007/6/22 17:07Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Now, for the rest of the story.....

This wedding that I posted about took place in early July and my friend continued to keep in close contact with me afterwards. Several weeks ago she and her new husband moved to Baton Rouge (they previously lived several hours away). They have gone to church with me for the past couple of weeks. Yesterday afternoon I met with them and she shared with me that she had recommitted her life to Jesus that day and desired to live for Him. We talked at length about this, counting the cost, Christ as Lord and not just Saviour, being fully committed to Him and what that might mean in terms of several issues she deals with. I have already begun to see some fruit from her renewed relationship with Christ. While talking to her last night about some things that I know have been a struggle for her over the years, we discussed the importance of prayer and I told her that I would be praying for her regarding those things. She said, “I know you will and I appreciate that. But the main thing I would like you to pray for right now is my husband’s soul.”

I am rejoicing in these things and in our Good Shepherd who seeks and saves those lost ones.

Danielle

2007/10/1 7:08Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Thank you for 'the rest of the story'

2007/10/1 9:07Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Old post, but great original question. I think that the scripture below is a great thing to remember when these situations come up again.

[u][b]1 Corinthians 9:19-23 (New King James Version)[/b][/u]

[b]Serving All Men[/b]

[i]"For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you."[/i]

Become all things to all men to win a few.

In Christ,

Miccah

2007/10/1 10:20Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

I was married in March. We invited about 150 of our closest friends and family members to attend, some of whom were NOT believers. Would anyone assume that such attendance amounted to an acceptance of our faith?

Additionally, wouldn't it always be important to base such a decision upon the precedent established in the Word of God? Are there any anecdotes that might apply to this situation?

While I might not be familiar with all of the facts in this story, for some reason I am reminded of the time in which Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of his wife (because he had married a Cushite). The Bible states that "the anger of the LORD was kindled against them" (Numbers 12:1-16). Miriam was subsequently stricken with leprosy.

I don't pretend to know the Lord's thoughts in this matter. However, we should be careful about the manner in which we present our thoughts. The Lord is indeed quite merciful and understanding. There are times in the Word where God seemingly contradicts himself. Punishment is permitted on one while it is withheld from another. Why? Sometimes, we can be guilty of "urging" the Lord to pour down fire from Heaven (like the "sons of thunder"). God deals with each of us individually. He doesn't contradict His Word, but He also doesn't give us what our sins deserve.

It makes me wonder what manner of "believers" were becoming united at the wedding in Cana in Galilee (John 2:1-11)?

:-)

2007/10/1 11:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy