SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A former believer's wedding

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread









 Re:

Quote:
Attending a wedding indicates you approve of the match.



How about turning water into wine at a wedding, does that indicate you approve not only of the marriage, but of the guests drinking alcohol to celebrate it ;0)

In Christ - Jim

 2007/6/20 12:47
BrokenOne
Member



Joined: 2007/6/7
Posts: 429
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

 Re:

Quote:
Ginnyrose, I also believe that you were right to warn - it is so easy to compromise.



Yes and Amen.

Quote:
From what I have read of your posts you are not presumptuous in calling yourself "Broken One".



Oh if only this was true!! My screen name is more a prayer than a declaration, because I do truly desire to be broken, yielded, surrendered…..all the things that Jesus finds beautiful. I am so very far away from this. Sometimes it seems endlessly far away.

But I trust that His work in me will continue.

The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit – Ps 34:18


_________________
Danielle

 2007/6/20 13:39Profile
crsschk
Member



Joined: 2003/6/11
Posts: 9192
Santa Clara, CA

 Friends wedding

Quote:
And crsschk…..I am sorry about your mother.



Thank you, but it is very much alright, I am actually quite jealous!

Quote:
My screen name is more a prayer than a declaration



:-) Wonderful!


_________________
Mike Balog

 2007/6/20 15:41Profile
ginnyrose
Member



Joined: 2004/7/7
Posts: 7471
Mississippi

 Re:

Obviously, I have stepped on some toes here with this statement:

Quote:
Attending a wedding indicates you approve of the match.



I am surprised at the negative reactions this statement has caused. Now I wonder, just how old are you all who have disagreed with it? This is one the old people have said, others have said it and now this 60 YO is repeating it for the benefit of the younger generation.

I have a few questions for you all: why do you disagree? Do you believe marriage to be for life? Do you believe it is ok for a Christian to marry a non-believer?

I await your answers....

ginnyrose


_________________
Sandra Miller

 2007/6/20 18:38Profile









 Re:

Quote:
ginnyrose wrote:
Obviously, I have stepped on some toes here with this statement:
Quote:
Attending a wedding indicates you approve of the match.

I am surprised at the negative reactions this statement has caused. Now I wonder, just how old are you all who have disagreed with it? This is one the old people have said, others have said it and now this 60 YO is repeating it for the benefit of the younger generation.

I have a few questions for you all: why do you disagree? Do you believe marriage to be for life? Do you believe it is ok for a Christian to marry a non-believer?

I await your answers....

ginnyrose

Yes....and no.

But that isn't the issue here, though, as I said, it was right to warn.

Jeannette

 2007/6/20 19:20
AWA40-2
Member



Joined: 2006/6/7
Posts: 24


 Re: Friends wedding

Quote:
How about turning water into wine at a wedding, does that indicate you approve not only of the marriage, but of the guests drinking alcohol to celebrate it ;0)



In Christ - Jim


HMM, hmm

And when Mary and Martha both approached Jesus to tell them that there brother Lazarus had died, it wasn’t until Mary approached him with the same question that Jesus Groaned, and asked where did you lay him?

 2007/6/21 16:13Profile
LoveHim
Member



Joined: 2007/6/14
Posts: 562
Indiana, US

 Re:

dear ginnyrose,

hi, i'm phil and i'm 26 years old (you wanted to know our age). i do believe marriage to be for life and i do not agree with a believer marrying a non-believer..

that being said, my question is "will not going persuade the friend to not get married"? if so, then do not be a part.. but most of the time, experience has shown us that people are going to do what they want to when they have their mind made up, so why not be possibly the only Jesus that this friend sees and love her and try to persuade her not to get married, but let the friend make her choice.. can we choose for the friend?? then let's do our best to show her what a mistake she may be making, but not boycott the whole wedding..

just my opinion, which means nothing. but for the original person questioning "what does your spirit tell you? what do you feel the Lord is leading you to do?? then do it in faith, knowing that whatever He may ask you to do is what He desires..

 2007/6/21 17:21Profile
Koinonia2
Member



Joined: 2003/8/8
Posts: 118
USA

 Re:

That the lady has asked our sister to participate in the wedding even knowing that she does not approve of the match indicates, I think, that she is still open to her. To snub the wedding would just seem like the kind of legalism that would offend the bride and close that open door.


_________________
Daniel

 2007/6/21 17:42Profile
AWA40-2
Member



Joined: 2006/6/7
Posts: 24


 Re:

Quote:
To snub the wedding would just seem like the kind of legalism that would offend the bride and close that open door.



If this is the case as it has been for quite some time, then the Lady should not attend the sister's wedding.

I wouldn't

 2007/6/21 17:57Profile
LoveHim
Member



Joined: 2007/6/14
Posts: 562
Indiana, US

 Re:

dear brokenone,

i agree with many on this thread that the very fact that after warning her that she still asked you to be in the wedding is very telling indeed..

but the ultimate decision lies with you.. what does the Lord desire for you??

 2007/6/21 22:29Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy