SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Institutional Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Institutional Church

I have been blessed so far in reading Art Katz's book, True Fellowship: To Him Be The Glory In The Church.

One of the profound things that I am beginning to realize on this type of communication is the freedom of informational flow. I guess all of you who are pros in this realm have long since been amazed at the significance of the internet. I am a new believer in the realm.

My point in this thread is to identify the power of the Body of Christ. In past times, information has been restricted by the credentialed system. Information has been restricted by proximity. Information has been restricted by the printing press. No longer is this paradym true. Listen to Art Katz's comment:

"It is little wonder that the institutional Church, by whatever name it is called, does not respond hospitably to God-sent apostles and prophets. Institutions demand that you go through a credentializing process through the attending of schools and seminaries. You are labeled “evangelist,” “pastor” or “teacher,” and get fitted into the institutional framework, but that does not mean God recognizes or authenticates your service for Him. The true Body of Christ will recognize and receive what is organically fitted for itself and will reject the thing that is organically alien. The opposite is equally true; the institutional thing cannot accommodate and receive the organic thing ?for they are diametrically opposed."

This website affords an organic system which is led by the Holy Spirit and also buffeted by Satan. This represents another Branch.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/4/14 12:43Profile
moreofHim

Re: Institutional Church

Brother Jeff, you are on the right track! :)

Quote:
You are labeled “evangelist,” “pastor” or “teacher,” and get fitted into the institutional framework, but that does not mean God recognizes or authenticates your service for Him. The true Body of Christ will recognize and receive what is organically fitted for itself and will reject the thing that is organically alien. The opposite is equally true; the institutional thing cannot accommodate and receive the organic thing ?for they are diametrically opposed."

Also this is part of 'Footwashing As A Posture of Life" on another thread:

[Titles are powerful posturing tools, implying unbiblical ideas. O that men would finally grasp our Saviors teaching on this all-important matter!

"They (Scribes and Pharisees) tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them `Rabbi.' But you are not to be called `Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth `father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called `teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ. The greatest among you will be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to…" (Mt.23:4-13) NIV]
Quote:
My point in this thread is to identify the power of the Body of Christ. In past times, information has been restricted by the credentialed system. Information has been restricted by proximity. Information has been restricted by the printing press. No longer is this paradym true

Boy, I have thought about this many times. Times are definitely different because of computers. I used to hate them (dispise them) but now I see their divine purpose so clearly also. How else can a "Body of Christ" communicate and be "united" when it is scattered all over the world? Praise God for computers!

In Him, Chanin

2004/4/14 13:06Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Body united

Quote:
Boy, I have thought about this many times. Times are definitely different because of computers. I used to hate them (dispise them) but now I see their divine purpose so clearly also. How else can a "Body of Christ" communicate and be "united" when it is scattered all over the world? Praise God for computers!

I thank God for the internet and online ministries such as this one here, it has provided much meat in my spiritual diet and some wonderful fellowship, what a tremendous blessing!

Please take this in the spirit with which it is intended but I am a bit bothered by this statement above. I would be willing to venture that in the whole scheme of things much of the Body of Christ doesn't even own a computer. The Body of Christ communicates and is united by the Spirit of Christ alone.

Again, I thank God for this site and the wonderful people here on this forum such as yourself Chanin and I have no doubt that God is using the internet for His purposes, but I think it makes a poor substitute for the love and unity the Spirit brings in face-to-face fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/4/14 15:59Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

The Body of Christ is essential in the kingdom of God. There are gifts of the Holy Spirit which cannot be manifested over the internet. Katz' book places critical importance on the working out of Christ's life in the Body of Christ. We are flesh and blood. We must learn to live with flesh and blood. This is a crude way of summarizing the initial chapters of this book.

http://benisrael.org/OnlineBooks/truefellowship/contents.true_fellowship.htm

In Christ
Jeff

2004/4/14 16:25Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Ron and Jeff,

I think I probably used the wrong words. Maybe I should have said "connected" instead of united.

I am so appreciateive of the fact that I have been connected with many true believers from all over the world- of which I would never have had the opportunity without the internet.

I have actually had contact with many more sincere believers online than in person. Sadly, I wish I could say that there is real Christian fellowship to be had around where I live.

Quote:
We are flesh and blood. We must learn to live with flesh and blood.

Yes, living and interacting everyday with flesh and blood is a lesson in "decreasing" self. But I find the opportunity even with my own family and neighbors everyday.

Sorry, I should have worded things a bit differently before.

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/4/14 17:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy