SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Acts...tongues...God's heart

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rwegenast

Acts...tongues...God's heart

Okay who ever it was that wrote they couldn't back up speaking in tongues in the scripture...UMMMM Have you read ACTS... I wonder why this subject is even a question. I would highly suggest not calling it weird for the Sake of GODS HEART, and not your COmfortable opinion.

Just ask for it, and see what happens.

It's awesome!

2007/6/16 0:04Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Acts...tongues...God's heart

Quote:

Rwegenast wrote:
Okay who ever it was that wrote they couldn't back up speaking in tongues in the scripture...UMMMM Have you read ACTS...

I hope you don't take offence, but this displays a little ignorance of the topic. The question isn't whether or not "glossolalia" is Biblical, but whether or not it is the same as what is passed off as "tongues" in the modern day church. I don't know if you realise this, but people actually went away from Azusa St thinking that they could go away to foreign countries and preach in the native languages of the lands they were in. Do you believe this? If not, then at what point does the "extremity" become "too extreme"?

Regarding Acts, when was the last time you spoke in tongues, and had people hear the praises of God in their own native languages? If the answer is "never", then you'll realise why this is being discussed.

On a more "administrative bend", next time you comment, click on "Reply" rather than "post new thread", and your comment will go into the thread being discussed.:-)

2007/6/16 3:24Profile
dohzman

Re:

It does still happen though.

Quote:
Regarding Acts, when was the last time you spoke in tongues, and had people hear the praises of God in their own native languages?

I was at a prayer meeting where a greek scholar heard me praying in ancient greek while at the same time another heard hebrew, I know neither language to speak of, so explain that?
Something you folks who are against tongues or glossolalia need to consider is that the manifestation is "interpeted" NOT translated. Two different things entirely. I have a feeling that if everyone who was praying or praising in tongues could hear exactly what the Spirit was saying they may just cover thier mouth and fall to thier knees as the Holy Spirit makes confession of sins in intercession for them and those present calling on the mercy and patience of God.

2007/6/16 8:10Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
It does still happen though.
Quote:
Regarding Acts, when was the last time you spoke in tongues, and had people hear the praises of God in their own native languages?

I was at a prayer meeting where a greek scholar heard me praying in ancient greek while at the same time another heard hebrew, I know neither language to speak of, so explain that?

Like I said, this is [b]why[/b] have such a conversation.

2007/6/16 9:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy