SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Something Horrible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Jeannette and others,

... thank you for loving us 'all' enough to type that.

In looking through the things mentioned on your Famine thread last nite ... I was finding a lot on the WCC - that even Richard Wurmbrand mentioned in his hearing before the Senate, that's posted as a thread here.

Thank you!

2007/6/15 20:25
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Martyrdom

brethren
is it just me or has this issue been brought to the fore for a few more people on these boards?

Grace and Peace to you all in Jesus' Name. AMEN

EDIT
Then also the matter of suffering coming here to us and our woefull unpreparedness and lack of consecration...so much most don't see it coming. We expect persecution from the world, but the sad thing is most of it will come from other believers who think they are doing God a service...God help us lest we think more of ourselves than we ought. AMEN.

2007/6/15 20:55Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

Thank you all for sharing seems we are by no means alone in this.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

He has overcome the world and He will and is building His church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
I believe this is the time when we needed to forget about ourselves and concentrate on Him. He has called us to be a glorious church without spot or wrinkle and now is the time to be mindful of our calling, whatever or wherever He is about to lead us is up to Him and all He ask of us is to be willing. I believe that is what the Fear Not for I Am with You is all about.
Romans 8:31
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

1 Thes. 4:18
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/6/15 22:08Profile
rlh

oklahoma

Re:

i too have felt this in my spirit-for some time now. A couple weeks ago so much so my chest physicaly ached. It was during that time that God give me some scriptures for different people but He give this one to me Joshua 1:6/7 and verse 9-
This is my command--be strong and courageous!Do not be afraid or discouraged.For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

May God richly bless you pastorfrin
in His love,
rick

2007/6/16 2:35Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Something Horrible

It may be of interest to consider some of the comments made in these threads:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17227&forum=36]All Israel shall be saved[/url]
and...
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17449&forum=44]2 Katz' Updates -- "Urgent Prayer Requested"[/url]

(My he who has ears to hear, hear...)

2007/6/16 3:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Jeannette wrote:

Quote:
I also have little doubt that much of it will come from religious surces, including the "Church"

As I recall from studying church history, in particular the era of the Reformation, the church was the persecutor. The Anabaptists were severely persecuted first by the Catholics which was bad, but then the Reformed church got on the bandwagon and were more severe in their persection of the Anabaptist then the Catholics. If history were to repeat itself, I would have to think that the ones we are the closest to doctrinally could be our worst persecutors. Sobering, but a possible reality. So to protect oneself, one must be certain that we do not put undue trust in others, even those that [i][b]seem[/b][/i] righteous, the ones that in our spirit raise red flags but must instead immerse ourselves in the Word of God and walk with Him, in Spirit and in Truth. (Of course, I realize that in recent years the devil has raised up other enemies that killed/persecuted Believers. The bottom line is they can come from anywhere: professing Christians and well as non-Believers).

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/6/16 11:02Profile

Re:

Hi ginnyrose, Richard Wurmbrand said the same thing through his own experiences and of course the Lord warned of the same in Matt 13, etc. first.

I believe nothing is by 'accident'. I think all of us here, are here by God's doing and all of us here are learning to watch for this type schism-ism, back-biting and anything that even remotely resembles dissention or even hatred for people for differences of opinions or even just "disliking" folks that we've never met and judging them as this or that, nature wise, when their own spouses don't know them, really, for very many years.

I believe the group that is here presently and those to come, will be those that God is preparing or using in one way or another, to refine us and to prove 'our' love for those who are calling themselves Christians.

We're learning by others here, how they love their enemies and this is what Corrie Ten Boon said was what God wanted out of her and us the most.
There is a very good piece by Oswald Chambers that I need to go find about how we should view others as Jesus did. It was the best balance in this "trusting others" I've that I've seen, except "love thy enemies".

Please don't mind me posting these Scriptures here because I believe GOD speaks to us individually through His Word.

Thank you [u]all[/u].

[b]Mar 13:5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
Mar 13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mar 13:7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
Mar 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
Mar 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
Mar 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
Mar 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
Mar 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, let (him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judea flee to the mountains:
Mar 13:15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:
Mar 13:16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.
Mar 13:17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
Mar 13:18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
Mar 13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
Mar 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
Mar 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
Mar 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Mar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
Mar 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Mar 13:25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
Mar 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
Mar 13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.[/b]

edit: I meant to add - each verse starts with a conjunction, making this one very long sentence, and the rest of Cpt 13 is also that's not posted.
Being in one sentence, the Lord is showing us 'when' these things shall take place.

2007/6/16 11:34

Re: Something Horrible

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Has anyone else had a similar experience recently?

What I have had burdening me is to memorize and KNOW the Word of God [Biblically 'know' the Word - becoming intimite with it.] because months ago I had a a very vivid dream, some day I might type it all out to see if there are any here who interpret dreams and I didn't want to hijack this thread!

In this dream it was a matter of hours (like 2 to 4 hours) that everyone, literally, was deceived and sadly, almost me too. The very end was a dream within a dream (weird, huh?) but I dreamt that I woke up in my dream and sat up in bed and said, "That's how fast it's going to happen and everyone be deceived!" I'm still amazed how in a matter of hours, the whole area I live in was doing and believing what the "savior" (antichrist) said to do that would save them. (I hope I wrote so that made sense).

What stood out to me most then and even today is that even though we "go to church" and have good works if we are not intimate with the Word of God and do not have the Word indwelling in us by faith and through faith we will be deceived. Period. I'm spending more time reading but not like I should be.

I heard David Pawson's Revelation series last week and I believe it was him (not sure tho), that said when they read the Bible and came across a Scripture that they thought might help them through the tribulation, they'd write it down and memorize it. And now they have many memorized and stored within their heart.

Jesus is the Word! If we know the Word, then we will never believe what anyone else tells how no matter how convincingly in the end time or even in our daily life.

God bless you all!

PS: I recommend [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=528]David Pawson's Revelation[/url] series! It's very balanced, imho.

2007/6/16 13:41

Re: Why Gold Bullion? ...

Quote:
Why Gold Bullion? ...

Rahman, God bless you with this venture. Many here would not see the value in what you feel the LORD has laid on your heart, but when tough times come it will be a blessing. Just as Joseph stored up Corn to feed the known world (no doubt millions of people), God is moving upon his faithful stewards to tend to the people of God in their time of need. I know in myself that that is not something that I could get into, but I find it fasinating tho. I seem to prosper when I have nothing (if that makes any sense).

In all truth, we have been living in the last few years in a false economy. This recession is so deep right now that a collaspe is imminent, and how can it go on any longer seeing that it's based upon no foundation. I believe that is what the LORD is telling us right now is to be ready, to know Him today like never before is paramount, to know His word. Because this "crash" is not going to be like the one in 1929, it will be far worse.

I haven't made a promise, but I am getting rid of everything I highly exalt in my life. I went for a walk the other day with the LORD and I remember the time that He was solely 100% number #1 in my life, I was so taken by that wooing of the holy Ghost that I am, by the grace and help of the LORD, going to get freed up on these worldly technologies. That also means that I am going to spend less time on SI because the computers are going. I have come to a point in my life that It's do or die. I have found freedom from my besetting sin thru what Jesus did on the cross. My Saviour has done this, He deserves all my attention.

God Bless Rahman

2007/6/17 10:05

Re: COUNT THE COST !

First The GOOD NEWS ~

[b]1Pe 1:5 ~ 8 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations [adversity]: that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory

1Pe 3:13 ~17 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy [blessed] are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

1Pe 4:14 IF ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy [blessed] are ye; for the Spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

1Pe 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

1Pe 5:10,11 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you. To him be glory and dominion forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and forever ~ Amen [/b]

After calling it a day early this morning. (Night-owl here) I almost got back up to turn the computer back on to post this, but being the hesitant type, I thought it should wait.

The verse about "Counting the cost" came to mind strongly.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

and

Luk 9:57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
Luk 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
Luk 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Luk 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
Luk 9:61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
Luk 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luke was a physician, yet he didn't fear to write these things that he had heard.

Where I am leading with this is, we are not in the same world that was only 20 years ago.

Technology would boggle pretty much anyone's imagination.

I don't want anyone to think I've gone off my rocker here but, we're not a sovereign nation anymore. We entered the one world system long ago.
I remember back 30 something years ago, all the Christians would talk about "when there will be a one world gov. and religious system" ... in the future sense.

We've been "globalists" now for quite some time. We don't make our own decisions, whether that's believed or not, as a nation. Commerce and political and now religious decisions are all based on Globalism.

It's not the America we/I grew up in.

Another feature that I feel we don't realize, as far as "counting the cost" is what computer technology, I.T., has made possible.

This is 'not' wild conspiracy theory here, but each person is being "profiled" by what they buy, what snail mail they receive and every click on their computers - everything typed or sites viewed, even medical records.

Where such a mass computer system is, that some call the beast, (just a nickname) we don't really know, some say Belgium but that's not not the concern here, about where this data all winds up, but the purpose is for the coming chip, etc..

Every word I type or even decide to delete is somewhere.
This is Satan's limited version of omniscience. Just as every prayer we've ever prayed is in Heaven's keeping, so whatever we transmit through any type of technology or system does not 'disappear' somewhere into cyberspace.

A few here brought up the 'religious' implications they see coming for those who are called by His Name.

This will indeed be a major factor in our Profiling, for future use.

We're "counting the cost" as we speak.

Our political, religious, etc. views are on record as never before.
No more of just drawing a fish in the sand, or a half of one, for the other to draw in the other half.

Unless you're in the jungle somewhere, you may not be profiled as of yet, but with heat sensitive and night vision technology etc., coming from Satelites now, even the natives won't be able to hide.

I only say these things, not to propagate fear, but very much the contrary - to enbolden us to face whatever the future may hold, now.

It will be no different for us than it already is in other countries or through-out Church History. The only difference now is the Technology.

With our decisions, even now, we can have jobs taken and the ability to purchase away.
Many out-spoken people are already going through some of this.

Again, I hope you don't see this as eccentric talk or fear-mongering, because it definitely is not the intent.
God knows 'when' we will leave this earth - either by death or resurrection and it won't happen a day to soon or in a way He hasn't sanctioned. So no fear again.

I see Ps. 91 in a spiritual way - which works itself out into a physical strengthening.

We count the cost each time we post, talk on the phone, order books, send checks to ministries and so forth. The profiling is able to - by intellect alone - to discern our fears also. High tech psychiatry so to speak.

That is why I liked Corrie Ten Boom's letter so much that Greg posted and also I posted some time ago. Please read it and pray over her words.
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14214&forum=34

GOD BLESS the Saints and those who are yet to join The Body of Christ.

Edit: Aahhh, refreshing. Another one that SI put up.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17472&forum=34

2007/6/17 11:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy