SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Something Horrible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Exposed Tail Feathers...

sis Ginnyrose Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

Quote:
Man, I loved this humor! Too bad my words cannot convey my laughter when I read this! This mental picture is so funny!

i am glad you had a light moment there! Lord knows we need some of those every now and then. i can't take credit for coming up with the expression, bro Rahman uses it quite a bit, apparently it comes from the ostrich burying its head in the sand. this same mentaily is really paralyzing many people in the Church of all places.

Quote:
You brought up the subject of this hurricane. Did you read how fast this storm developed? It went from being a storm with 35 MPH winds to 85 in merely 25 hours, I think they said. Unheard of!

you know sis, the day it hit, it was gloomy and rainy and because we don't have cable i thought i had missed the announcements. however it turns out that even at work nobody knew what was going on so we didn't even have time to figure out how to work out the emergency plan for the hospital...i have a friend of mine who lives near the water and he had to hurry up and get stuff out of his garage or else it would get wet...that was something...this hasn't been as busy a season as that one a couple of yrs ago which came with katrina and rita but Humberto caught us off guard...

there seems to be something eating away at Japheth's hegemony on the world...England having issues with hoof and mouth disease...i've not heard of that in quite some time. i haven't really done a study of any kind to see how this fits into the end times but there certainly seems to be a bit more upheaval in the world than usual. It seems for me as i go about my day, i have this heaviness from the Knowledge of something calamitous about to occur. i try to enjoy conversations with people as much as i can now because after this thing hits, there will be mourning for a time...

Quote:
Took me long time to say I think there is something going on .... Actually, I think most people think when the end time calamities occurr it will be announced in big letters where all will understand. But I am convinced this will not be the case. It will happen slowly, like a woman in labor - whose birth pains begin so slowly and gradually increase in intensity.

i agree that most people probably think that there will be warnings spelled out in the clouds or something like that. probably a big factor in that mentality is that men don't want their plans interrupted by the pesky Apocalypse...so men push it back mostly and slumber while the night is far spent and the rays of the sun are peeking over the horizon...it is good you have a sense of something going on, that is God's Mercy on you.

at first it was really hard dealing with people who won't see what is before us. it would discourage me from saying so but i bless God that i'm just rolling along with His Spirit and doing and saying what must be done and said without any heed to offending anyone or consequences which may come my way. i sense people feeling/thinking "who does he think he is talking like that?"

Quote:
Thanks for sharing...it is comforting to know we are not alone.

it is good for me also to know this and the closer we get to the time of this all happening, the calmer and bolder i get and interestingly enough, the more people who have the same burden/revelation i run into...God is Good, those of us with that burden are then mutually encouraged according to a vision He showed me about this very thing.

in case you haven't read/seen what i believe (more and more each day) was given me of God, here it is: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12628&forum=35&19]Prophetic Credentials 3[/url]

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/9/16 23:35Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

HE_Reigns wrote:

“What is your take on 2Chron 18:4-27 and Micah 3 ?”

2 Chron. 18:4-27
And Jehoshaphat said unto the king of Israel, Enquire, I pray thee, at the word of the Lord to day. [5] Therefore the king of Israel gathered together of prophets four hundred men, and said unto them, Shall we go to Ramoth-gilead to battle, or shall I forbear? And they said, Go up; for God will deliver it into the king's hand. [6] But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the Lord besides, that we might enquire of him? [7] And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, by whom we may enquire of the Lord: but I hate him; for he never prophesied good unto me, but always evil: the same is Micaiah the son of Imla. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so. [8] And the king of Israel called for one of his officers, and said, Fetch quickly Micaiah the son of Imla. [9] And the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat king of Judah sat either of them on his throne, clothed in their robes, and they sat in a void place at the entering in of the gate of Samaria; and all the prophets prophesied before them. [10] And Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah had made him horns of iron, and said, Thus saith the Lord, With these thou shalt push Syria until they be consumed. [11] And all the prophets prophesied so, saying, Go up to Ramoth-gilead, and prosper: for the Lord shall deliver it into the hand of the king. [12] And the messenger that went to call Micaiah spake to him, saying, Behold, the words of the prophets declare good to the king with one assent; let thy word therefore, I pray thee, be like one of theirs, and speak thou good. [13] And Micaiah said, As the Lord liveth, even what my God saith, that will I speak. [14] And when he was come to the king, the king said unto him, Micaiah, shall we go to Ramoth-gilead to battle, or shall I forbear? And he said, Go ye up, and prosper, and they shall be delivered into your hand. [15] And the king said to him, How many times shall I adjure thee that thou say nothing but the truth to me in the name of the Lord? [16] Then he said, I did see all Israel scattered upon the mountains, as sheep that have no shepherd: and the Lord said, These have no master; let them return therefore every man to his house in peace. [17] And the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, Did I not tell thee that he would not prophesy good unto me, but evil? [18] Again he said, Therefore hear the word of the Lord; I saw the Lord sitting upon his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left. [19] And the Lord said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner. [20] Then there came out a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will entice him. And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? [21] And he said, I will go out, and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And the Lord said, Thou shalt entice him, and thou shalt also prevail: go out, and do even so. [22] Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil against thee. [23] Then Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah came near, and smote Micaiah upon the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of the Lord from me to speak unto thee? [24] And Micaiah said, Behold, thou shalt see on that day when thou shalt go into an inner chamber to hide thyself. [25] Then the king of Israel said, Take ye Micaiah, and carry him back to Amon the governor of the city, and to Joash the king's son; [26] And say, Thus saith the king, Put this fellow in the prison, and feed him with bread of affliction and with water of affliction, until I return in peace. [27] And Micaiah said, If thou certainly return in peace, then hath not the Lord spoken by me. And he said, Hearken, all ye people.

Micah 3:1-12
And I said, Hear, I pray you, O heads of Jacob, and ye princes of the house of Israel; Is it not for you to know judgment? [2] Who hate the good, and love the evil; who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones; [3] Who also eat the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them; and they break their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the caldron. [4] Then shall they cry unto the Lord, but he will not hear them: he will even hide his face from them at that time, as they have behaved themselves ill in their doings.
[5] Thus saith the Lord concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him. [6] Therefore night shall be unto you, that ye shall not have a vision; and it shall be dark unto you, that ye shall not divine; and the sun shall go down over the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them. [7] Then shall the seers be ashamed, and the diviners confounded: yea, they shall all cover their lips; for there is no answer of God.
[8] But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the Lord, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin. [9] Hear this, I pray you, ye heads of the house of Jacob, and princes of the house of Israel, that abhor judgment, and pervert all equity. [10] They build up Zion with blood, and Jerusalem with iniquity. [11] The heads thereof judge for reward, and the priests thereof teach for hire, and the prophets thereof divine for money: yet will they lean upon the Lord, and say, Is not the Lord among us? none evil can come upon us. [12] Therefore shall Zion for your sake be plowed as a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of the forest.

My take is this; if you want the riches and the friendship of this world, then tell them what they want to hear.
If you want the blessings of the Lord, then tell them what He says and believe His grace is able to keep you from their wrath. What a shame when one is more afraid of those of this world, who can only kill our body if the Lord allows and not fear the Lord who can kill both soul and body and cast into hell.
Romans 16:18
For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2 Tim. 4:3-4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; [4] And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

How history does repeat itself, and how it can be ‘Something Horrible’ to wake us up.

Oh that we will see it as Jesus did and obey His command.

Luke 4:8
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

The question then is this, who are we worshiping and who are we serving?

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/9/21 22:11Profile
psalm1

Re: Exposed Tail Feathers...

Ironman, how are you? did you have loss in the storm? We were just south of it.
God bless you ......David

2007/9/21 22:22Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Psalm 33:13
“The Lord looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.”
— Perhaps no figure of speech represents God in a more gracious light than when he is spoken of as stooping from his throne, and coming down from heaven to attend to the wants and to behold the woes of mankind. We love him, who, when Sodom and Gomorrah were full of iniquity, would not destroy those cities until he had made a personal visitation of them. We cannot help pouring out our heart in affection for our Lord who inclines his ear from the highest glory, and puts it to the lip of the dying sinner, whose failing heart longs after reconciliation. How can we but love him when we know that he numbers the very hairs of our heads, marks our path, and orders our ways? Specially is this great truth brought near to our heart, when we recollect how attentive he is, not merely to the temporal interests of his creatures, but to their spiritual concerns. Though leagues of distance lie between the finite creature and the infinite Creator, yet there are links uniting both. When a tear is wept by thee, think not that God doth not behold; for, “Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.” Thy sigh is able to move the heart of Jehovah; thy whisper can incline his ear unto thee; thy prayer can stay his hand; thy faith can move his arm. Think not that God sits on high taking no account of thee. Remember that however poor and needy thou art, yet the Lord thinketh upon thee. For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect towards him.
Oh! then repeat the truth that never tires;
No God is like the God my soul desires;
He at whose voice heaven trembles, even he,
Great as he is,
He
knows how to stoop to me.
Spurgeon, C. H.

Thought this might help us to look at the ‘something horrible’ as something the Lord would not allow, until He Himself has visited and placed His seal of protection upon those who are His.

“Think not that God sits on high taking no account of thee. Remember that however poor and needy thou art, yet the Lord thinketh upon thee. For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect towards him.”

What a gracious loving Lord we serve, oh to be sure our heart is perfect towards Him.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/9/30 13:44Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Greetings in Jesus' Name by Whose Blood we are Saved.AMEN.

bro Dave
we lost nothing in the storm, the lights went on and off most of the night but aside from that, no damage. We have little to lose anyway. When we evacuated for hurricane rita, the only things of value we took, were our bibles, some clothes, stuff for out then 18 month old daughter and the CPU. Galveston is a nice place i think, except for that fact that one day, another big one will hit and wipe it off the map again...

Grace and Peace are ours in Jesus.AMEN.

2007/9/30 14:04Profile
pastorfrin

Re: Something Horrible

Jeremiah 2:19
Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the Lord God of hosts.

2007/10/8 17:56Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

The Earthquakes thread by soulrider, reminded me of this and so I searched it out, notice the last post.

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Jeremiah 2:19
Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the Lord God of hosts.

Thank you soulrider for the reminder, definitely
something to pray about.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/11/12 17:50Profile

Re: Something Horrible

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Maps/region/N_America_eqs.php

Pastorfrin, I'd like to post most of Compliments reply to this earthquake thread -

Quote:
Compliments wrote:

The thoughts that I am having regarding this subject whether they be spiritual or not is that physical Earthquakes are definitively on the horizon, especially those places that are not considered earthquake central. New England has a fault line, and the last tremor we felt was in 1982 and before that, never!

The other kind of earthquake is a national upheaval of a country. Civil wars, unrest, riots etc..

Another kind that I have been thinking of lately is the upheaval of ministries. God is turning over the earth to expose the roots of these ministries. What has been hidden is now being declared on the roof tops.

Jesus is the LORD of Lords and the KING of Kings.

It reminded me, with all the current events, of your "Seek the Lordand Find Rest" by Alexander Maclaren post.

Pray without ceasing. Mat 10:22

2007/11/12 23:09

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy