SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Something Horrible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread
pastorfrin

Something Horrible

Brothers and Sisters,

First let me say I am not prophesying or predicting anything, only sharing a resent experience.
Several nights ago I awoke from a sound sleep overwhelmed with the feeling of pending disaster; as I was laying there I also noticed a strong presence of the Lord.
I said: Lord something horrible is going to happen isn’t it! He spoke these words; “Fear not for I am with you.” I said thank you Lord and went back to sleep. Every since this happened it has been weighing upon my mind that I should share this so now I have.
Has anyone else had a similar experience recently?

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/6/14 17:17Profile

Re: Something Horrible

Yes brother, very. And also received the "fear not".

Thank you for being open to sharing. Ps 46

2007/6/14 18:11
LoveHim

Indiana, US

dear pastor, i cannot say that i've had an experience like that, but i will take that to prayer and be open to that.. thank you for sharing that with us..

2007/6/14 18:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
overwhelmed with the feeling of pending disaster

I have had this for the last week.

2007/6/14 20:01Profile
Ignitemysoul

Appleton

Haven't had any thing like that in the last week but have been thinking a lot of my dream from a few years back that was the end of Jonathan Edwards famous sermon "Sinners in the hands of an angry God"

Therefore, let every one that is out of Christ, now awake and fly from the wrath to come. The wrath of Almighty God is now undoubtedly hanging over a great part of this congregation. Let every one fly out of Sodom: "Haste and escape for your lives, look not behind you, escape to the mountain, lest you be consumed."

Also have felt as if the the Lord is getting ready to get our attention as a nation, this week I have felt as if revival is soon to arrive.

2007/6/14 20:32Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

We are experiencing it on a personal level - in a way I never dreamed would happen.

I mentioned today to my DH how the sun shines so brightly, skies are cloudless, but it is so depressing to go outside. Sure it is hot, but the fact we have had only 1/3 of the normal rainfall for the year just gets to you. When I get discouraged about the weather, I am reminded of these verses from Hab. 3: 17-19: Though the fig tree should not blossom And there be no fruit on the vines, Though the yield of the olive should fail And the fields produce no food, Though the flock should be cut off from the fold And there be no cattle in the stalls, Yet I will exult in the LORD, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord GOD is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds' feet, And makes me walk on my high places." NASB
Now this takes some faith....

ginnyrose

2007/6/15 0:29Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Havven't had ny dreams, or visios, or like, but have been deeply considerng the subject of Matyrdom lately, feling as if I am peparing for something.

2007/6/15 3:43Profile

Re:

I have been wondering for months what this heaviness in my Spirit is all about, perhaps this is what it is. I remember some years ago the LORD woke me out of my sleep twice and said, "Be Ready". But it's comfort when the LORD tells us to "fear not". Thanks for sharing that.

2007/6/15 6:33
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

What are we on the verge of if not chastisement

Brethren, greetings in Jesus' Name by whose Blood we are justified before God. AMEN.

i am sure many out there would pooh-pooh some of what has beens shared here as foolishness, or some sort of rampant chicken-little syndrome. i sense a genuineness of concern from you all so at best God is showing us something (which is what i believe) or we are all nuts. if we're nuts we need to be locked up and prayed for! The question most people ask is "what if it isn't God?" i feel this is a cop out because if we answer "it's not of God" we can continue on as we were. The former question is much harder to answer and do away with so as to continue on as before...i tend to ask this question and i find that if i think it [i][b]is[/b][/i] God i am inclined to press deeper into Him. i wonder sometimes if we are careless and dismiss what and who God sends us because we don't like the package?

anyhow i share this concern that something is looming not just for our nation but the world as a whole. We here more about what will happen here not because this is the only country but because we live here and we will be directly affected. God still does deal with national sin and i fear our cup runs over. The nations of the world are full of iniquity also and that is bringing judgment. We as the Church are not exempt from what is coming because it must begin with us as we are the bearers of the standard. We must repent of our own foolishness, iniquity and sin all of which stem from pride. We must root pride out of our lives and put in the Humility of Christ. Brethren if we think we have repented of all and haven't any more need to repent, we are blinded with pride! Paul said toward the end of his life he was the chief of sinners...oh brethren let us always be repenting! We didn't learn every sin in a day and so the washing away of it will not take a day.

indeed even the secular world and some of the unbelievers are aware that something is about to happen, i venture to say some unbelievers have more insight on what is looming than we do. If this is so then how dire is our blindness if we can't even discern rightly the judgment which is at hand, at the very door of the Church and will then proceed into the world? We see the world receiving judgement but not us. We haven't separated ourselves as we ought to have in many regards. Dear saints let us fall on our faces before God or we will surely perish!

for the last 2 yrs i have had this sense and our Lord has shown me visions of it all, if you feel led the thread is called prophetic credentials 3 and it is here in the general topics section. If this sense is misguided i pray God loose me from it, if God has indeed spoken, we will be put on our faces, some will repent, others may forsake the faith unto damnation. This sense hasn't left me and i have shared some in His grief over us yet even in that i piled on more grief by somehow thinking myself separate from my brethren rather than considering that we will all share in the judgment. Even Daniel and Ezekiel though being righteous were carried off into captivity with their brethren. i pray we take a page from the life of Daniel and confess our sins and those of our nation before God. His hand will not be stayed so this would be for the purposes of acknowledging our sin and culpability and accepting the coming judgment. i fear if we don't come to grips with this, we may forsake the Faith and rail against God saying "why did you do this when we did nothing wrong!"

if i am wrong, i'll sit down and be quiet and hope you intercede on my behalf because i would be in much need of prayer. Everything for some reason seems to indicate the opposite.

God help us and Grace and Peace be yours in Christ. AMEN.

2007/6/15 10:53Profile

Re: What are we on the verge of if not chastisement

If anyone hasnt listened to these two messages recently preached on the same day at Time Square Church by Carter Conlon and David Wilkerson (without knowing what each others messages were) please listen to them both...

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=14614]That Dreadful Day that Nobody Wants to Talk About - Wilkerson[/url]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=14613]The Final Warning Comes in Pictures - Conlon[/url]

In Christ - Jim

2007/6/15 11:12

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy