SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Praise God for the grateful dead!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
theopenlife

Praise God for the grateful dead!

I went to McDonalds tonight (2AM) with some brothers and a sister. An older woman was wandering through the parking lot. When she passed near the car we noticed she seemed in need of help. I waved to her and she came to the window. We asked her if she needed a ride somewhere. She said yes. telling us she had gotten into a fight with her boyfriend and needed a drive home. I noticed she had a large cross necklace before inviting her in.

"What's your name?"
"Sue."
"Nice to meet you Sue, I'm Mike. Sue, what's the best thing that ever happened in your life?"
"Um, I went to see the Grateful Dead."
"Really?"
"I was a follower of them, I guess I'm an old hippie."
"What do hippies believe?"
"Peace, love, and brown rice!"
"You know what, Sue? [offering her a french fry] You could say that I'm a follower with the grateful dead, too. I also believe in peace, love, and bread. Mind if I tell you about it?"
"Go ahead..."

For the next ten minutes we told her about the wrath of God revealed against all sin and ungodliness, and then about the peace and love of Christ that is available to those who gratefully count themselves dead to sin and cry out for forgiveness and sanctification. I pointed to the cross on her neck and told her that Jesus said to deny ourselves and take up the cross to go after Him, looking to Him to provide faith.

In the end we prayed with her, gave her a tract and said goodnight. Praise God for the good works that He has ordained that we should walk in them!!! We're part of the Grateful Resurrected!

2007/6/14 4:51Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Praise God for the grateful dead!

Priase God, may her work in her heart
Charlene

2007/6/14 9:06Profile

Re:

Mike-

What an awesome privledge we have to be the hands and feet and reach people for the Lord! Thanks for the report.

In Christ - Jim

2007/6/14 9:11

Re:

Praise God Mike. So grateful that you received the right Words to give this lady.
Will be praying for her also.
Thank you for sharing this Divine appointment.

2007/6/14 12:24
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Praise God for the grateful dead!

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
I went to McDonalds tonight (2AM) with some brothers and a sister. An older woman was wandering through the parking lot. When she passed near the car we noticed she seemed in need of help. I waved to her and she came to the window. We asked her if she needed a ride somewhere. She said yes. telling us she had gotten into a fight with her boyfriend and needed a drive home. I noticed she had a large cross necklace before inviting her in.

"What's your name?"
"Sue."
"Nice to meet you Sue, I'm Mike. Sue, what's the best thing that ever happened in your life?"
"Um, I went to see the Grateful Dead."
"Really?"
"I was a follower of them, I guess I'm an old hippie."
"What do hippies believe?"
"Peace, love, and brown rice!"
"You know what, Sue? [offering her a french fry] You could say that I'm a follower with the grateful dead, too. I also believe in peace, love, and bread. Mind if I tell you about it?"
"Go ahead..."

For the next ten minutes we told her about the wrath of God revealed against all sin and ungodliness, and then about the peace and love of Christ that is available to those who gratefully count themselves dead to sin and cry out for forgiveness and sanctification. I pointed to the cross on her neck and told her that Jesus said to deny ourselves and take up the cross to go after Him, looking to Him to provide faith.

In the end we prayed with her, gave her a tract and said goodnight. Praise God for the good works that He has ordained that we should walk in them!!! We're part of the Grateful Resurrected!

Did you give her a ride home too?

Just kidding...what a terrific way to turn the conversation around to her, then Jesus.

Will pray for Sue, and you Mike, that you might find more wanderers.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/6/15 22:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy