SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What does Father's Day mean?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

What does Father's Day mean?

Going around the shops looking for a Father's Day card the other day, the choice on show was pathetic, really sad.

The cards displayed showed sports, golf, football, etc, alcohol, gambling, cigars, you get the picture.

Some were more subtle, fishing scenes, walking the dog, etc.

I was looking for one with a home on it.

Could not find one.

Did choose one eventually, but it would not have been my first choice.

Is that all society sees a father as?

A beer swilling, smoking, gambling loser?

Or is it that God is so far from their thoughts that anything and everything other than God fills their minds?

How do you view a father, both according to the word of God, and according to the world?

What does the Bible say about a father?

The fifth commandment tells us to honour our father and mother, but we can't see that.

As we honour God, let us honour our earthly father, which is pleasing to God.

God bless.

2007/6/14 4:46Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: What does Father's Day mean?

I thought my father as a place of safty
He wants no harm to come to me
At the end before my father passed away. God really showed that my dad really loved me no matter what. I am left with that thought, I was always his little girl.
My father was away from the lord for many years, but the last few years, he was on fire.
Talking and listening about God things.
As being brought with a godly father I didn't have that, so I am not sure?
One thing I loved about my father, he loved God, with what he had. and he gave what he had to others.
THe biggest how he loved me, it reminds how my heavenly father loves no matter what too..

I would to hear what others say...
charlene

2007/6/14 9:04Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: What does Father's Day mean?

Quote:
What does the Bible say about a father?

The Bible says a father is a mightily blessed man! Sadly, we often treat children as more of a burden than a blessing, may God forgive us.
Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
(Psa 127:3-5)
A husband and a father is to be a leader, a leader in love, a leader in righteousness, a leader in self-denial, instructing his children in word and deed.
The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.
(Isa 38:19)

In Christ,

Ron

2007/6/14 9:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy