SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anger in Society

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Anger in Society

With the rise of Television and other media sources it seems that people are getting more and more angry at little things.
Because we do not have time to talk things through with each other and do not know how to talk.
In one house I was in,the house in which we were renting would get suddenly angry for no apparant reason that we would happen to find out later but it is such a problem in our society.
It is a problem that everyone is in everyone house and shows up as either depression or anger.
God deliver us from it.

Mt 5:22 - Show Context
But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.

Mr 3:5 - Show Context
And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

Ro 10:19 - Show Context
But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

Eph 4:31 - Show Context
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Col 3:8 - Show Context
But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Col 3:21 - Show Context
Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

Eph 4:26 - Show Context
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

2007/6/11 18:12Profile
heartablaze

Re: Anger in Society

Anger is such a problem here, and we should not let it creep into the church. I know that in the past, I have gotten very angry over minute things, and now I wonder why. I usually don't even get mad over things that are normal to do so...

We should always guard ourselves agaisnt it, because anger can cause great dissensions in our family. Thanks for the scripture.

2007/6/12 11:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

deltadom,

I have often wondered why anger is tolorated. In the scriptures you quoted it ranks right along with other 'bad' sins: like adultry, blasphemy (horrors!), filthy communication, etc. Is it because too many are wrestling with it?

This morning I did a brief study on the word strife, using e-Sword. That study was very enlightning. I encourage all to do it as well and allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you. In my case I used to debate a lot until the Holy Spirit convicted me...hope I no longer do.... something I really have to watch....Too often debate is fueled by anger for whatever reason.

Anger is so destructive. Presently, we are dealing with a person given to anger. We have noticed when she gets angry, other sins become very apparent, like lying. When confronted later, she would deny having said that or said YOU said it! It is as though she is a totally different person. Call it temporary insanity, if you will. Or maybe you could call it multiple personally syndrome. Or call it demonic possession. Regardless what you label it, it is still sin. And sin destroys. Always. Now to convince her is as hard as pulling a cat's tooth! (Never tried it: just imagine it would be difficult, at best; at the worst, impossible).

Appreciate the post, deltadom.

ginnyrose

2007/6/12 15:52Profile
dohzman

Anger is an interesting dynamic to the human condition. It often manifests in violence, which was the first sinful character quality used as a descriptive of satan. It's often from fears, rember that Jesus said in the end time from fears mens hearts would fail them, and it can be from deep hurts or offenses caused or done to them. I have often felt that those who are angry lack a submitted and repentant heart toward God, and I have to admit that at times I have to pull away from everything in life to sit in the presence of the Lord to get an attitude adjustment because anger can sometimes just build up layer upon layer until the manifestation of an eruption or out burst is seen. I honestly believe that much of what we see from the world media does feed anger, as Dom has mentioned.

Quote:
and shows up as either depression or anger

What a right on observation, in the end most of our problems are what we take in through the eye gates and the ear gates, if I can use a Bunyon phrase. On a personal level I usually avoid angry persons period, even thoughs in the body of Christ, I can best serve them by my clear conscience for them in prayer.

2007/6/12 17:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy