SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : can you be married be with out fighting?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

can you be married be with out fighting?

what makes a married without fighting?
man to love his wife
women repect her husband
what does this look like?

in his love
charlene

2007/6/10 22:32Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: can a married be with out fighting?

do you know any story
of godly marrieds?

in his love
charlene

2007/6/10 22:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Charlene,

We just got through a weekend of meetings with John Coblentz, PA who spoke about communication in marriage. We ordered the series on CD and perhaps when we get them, I could send you a copy if you want one.

Bro. John discussed the differences between males and females and how these differences effect the marriage relationship, in particular how we communicate, how we listen and how we understand certain things. Failure to understand these differences can give rise to conflicts which can escalate into fighting. (My interpretation).

From my notes:
[u][b]Principles of Communication[/b][/u]

1.The quality of the heart deterines the quality of the communication.
The basic premise in communication is that what is said comes from the heart and what is said will determine what is in the heart. A good heart will produce good speech; and evil heart will produce evil speech (Matt. 12:34-37).
2. What is said is not as significant as to how it is said.
3. Healthy communication is impossible without attentive listening.
4. We must speak truth in love.
5. Differences in men and women produces differences in communication.

OK, you did not quite expect this, did you? Reckon, I am still excited about this seminar: it was so practical and discusses issues where the rubber meets the road, where we all live and work. Anyhow, we were just blessed and thought I would share this bit with you. Hope you find the answers you are looking for. If you didn't, keep on asking, somewhere, someone may come up with the answers you are looking for.

BTW, you did ask whether it is possible to be married without fighting, did you not? I would say, yes, but not possible to be married without having disagreements. (And we are fixing to have our 40th wedding anniversary in a couple months). ;-) Make sense?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/6/11 0:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy