SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joyce Meyor

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
NanaLauraLee

Joyce Meyor

I am very saddened by Krispy's comments about Joyce Meyer-she teaches straight from God'sWord...I dont understand such disdain and hate coming from a Christian (KRISPY)....Ray Comfort was correct in going on her show...

I pray, Krispy, and others that agreed with you, that your heartswillbe challenged and turned to the Truth...

NanaLauraLee in Lilburn,GA

2007/6/10 16:25Profile

Re: Joyce Meyor

Quote:

NanaLauraLee wrote:
I am very saddened by Krispy's comments about Joyce Meyer-she teaches straight from God'sWord...I dont understand such disdain and hate coming from a Christian (KRISPY)....Ray Comfort was correct in going on her show...

I pray, Krispy, and others that agreed with you, that your heartswillbe challenged and turned to the Truth...

NanaLauraLee in Lilburn,GA

Hi and welcome.

I think you need to get to know folk a bit better before you can jump to conclusions in judging them.

Krispy expresses himself very forcefully but has a gracious spirit underneath it all. He speaks out of a passionate zeal for Truth rather than hate or a critical spirit.

I found Joyce Meyer's ministry very helpful when going through some emotional stuff, (friends I was staying with had the God channel). But I mostly heard her speak on practical "life application" issues, (and liked her down to earth, challenging style) But I can't judge, one way or the other, because of knowing little if anything of her doctrinal beliefs.

But, (whether he's right or wrong), you need to listen to our brother Krispy, listen to his heart, rather than his manner of writing, before condemning him for condemning Joyce Meyer!

Blessings

Jeannette

PS, what does "GA" mean? I assume it's a state in Amercia, but can't think which one it might be. Us non-USA people sometimes find the abbreviations confusing! :-)

2007/6/10 17:18
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi NanaLauraLee...

Welcome to the forums!

I agree that we can all use a little more tact when sharing what each of us believe to be truth. Often, we share from what "truths" we are convinced of, and sometimes neglect to leave a little room for personal persuasion. There are teachings that are very much accepted in some circles that I don't particularly agree with. However, I have no more liberty in tearing down the sacred beliefs of someone else unless there is absolutely no doubt in such matters. Unfortunately, there are quite a few issues that aren't 100% settled -- yet we often feel the "liberty" to express our views in a more absolute manner. It is sometimes difficult to recognize such lines that should not be crossed.

That being said, I must confess that I'm not really a big fan of Joyce Meyers. I've never really watched her on television, and I know little about her background. However, I have read some of her writings (particularly in a few major Christian periodicals). Unless I am mistaken, she seems to hold more to a brand of prosperity message than I feel is less than Biblically accurate. Additionally, I haven't really read anything that she has written that has pierced my heart. I tend to prefer works that, having read them, leave me hungry for much, much more of the knowledge of God. I don't mean this as any sort of attack on Mrs. Meyers. Rather, just on that sort of genre of messages in general.

Regardless, I know some people who really enjoy her messages. I've actually known some ministers that I respect quote her. I suppose that since I know so little of her ministry, I should leave it at that!

:-)

BTW, Krispy is a great guy with a terrific sense of humor! While we don't agree on certain issues, he is a true lover of God and brother in the faith!

2007/6/10 17:38Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Here is one quote that shows she doe not know the Jesus of the Bible,

“God rose up from His throne and said to demon powers tormenting the sinless Son of God, ‘Let Him go.’ Then the resurrection power of Almighty God went through hell and filled Jesus ... He was resurrected from the dead — [u]the first born-again man”[/u] (pg. 36, underlining in the original).

This is taken from her book, "The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make".

Of course if you can show me where in Scripture this is taught, I will take this back.

How can someone lead people to a jesus that is not the Jesus of the BIble and yet have defenders? Paul said that if any preached another Gospel let them be accursed, and he warned of those preaching another jesus.

Here is another quote from the same page
“There is [b]no hope of anyone going to heaven unless they believe this truth I am presenting. You cannot go to heaven unless you believe with all your heart that Jesus took your place in hell”.[/b]

Again, show me from Scripture, not conjecture where this is taught.

I do hope that you are not offended because these errors are brought out, but rather that you would look to Christ alone, the real Christ of Scripture.

2007/6/10 17:39Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Nana,

One of the wonderful things about this forum is that there are lots of people here who know more then you/I do. They read a lot, see things you/I do not see and they share their insights. All of this I find immensely helpful because I cannot be everywhere and know everything. They teach me and I am deeply grateful that people will share. Now some are more aggressive in presenting their views, get to the point quite quickly without wasting lots of words - this describes Krispy, IMHO. You can use psychology in trying to persuade folks but that takes a lot of time and words to accomplish. So some are just more blunt but they mean no offense.

Hope this helps and that you will find this site a blessings like many others have.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/6/11 1:00Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Jeannette,

GA is Georgia, USA. Lilburn is located right next to Atlanta. The reason I know is that our son used to live there.

Hope this helps.

ginnyrose

2007/6/11 1:03Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

This is a small article on where she spends her money
[url=http://www.trinityfi.org/press/JoyceMeyer1.html]Joyce Meyer's Finances[/url]

2007/6/11 6:28Profile

Quote:
I dont understand such disdain and hate coming from a Christian (KRISPY)....

So if I say something that you disagree with concerning someone's teachings then I'm being hateful? I never said I hate Joyce Meyer.

This is typical modern American mentality.

Since you referred to a thread that appeared on here probably 6 months ago, you were really digging to see what people were saying about Joyce Meyer. I hope that your motive was not to pick a fight with her detractors. That would be impure motive.

There has been a tremendous amount of information written about what Joyce Meyer believes dontrinally. Sometimes you'll run across some on the internet that really isnt worth reading... but there is a mountain of information on her that is very well documented. She is of the Word of Faith movement, which if you are a part of, then naturally you'll disagree with me on about 95% of the things I say on this forum.

But after having been a part of WOF for 5 or 6 yrs after being saved, I know quite a bit about it, and the Lord led me to place where around 1999 I completely rejected the heretical doctrines of WOF.

The biggest names in the WOF movement right now are Oral Roberts (the grand daddy of them all), Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Jesse Duplantis... etc... and Joyce Meyer.

My wife used to have a number of her books, watched her on TV, etc. so I know a lot about her and used to be a fan.

I'm not going to take the time to explain to you the horrific teachings of WOF since all of that info is right at your fingertips. Besides, I think it would benefit you more if you investigated it for yourself.

But you called me hateful. Let me ask you this... if I knew a particular road was flooded, and you came along down the road and I stopped you and warned you that you could drown if you continued on... would you consider me hateful?

Wouldnt it be hateful if I knew you could drown, and I just smiled and waved as you drove by and I made no attempt to warn you? In some cases, I could even be arrested for not warning you.

I believe if I gave the same warning about Joseph Smith on here (which I have), you would shout Amen! But when it's someone you love, then I'm hateful? C'mon... thats not being intellectually honest.

Because I spent a number of years under deceptive teachings I have an incredible passion for this topic in particular. It's out of love and concern that I come against such things with forcefulness.

I think most here know I dont believe legalistic tithing is for the Church... but I dont think anyone here will accuse me of being blunt or aggressive about it. It's not a issue of deception, in my mind.

But if deception is involved... I do get my dander up.

I see you're from down Atlanta way. I think your Falcons are in trouble this year. I doubt they're gonna win 4 games. :-)

Panthers on the other hand... Superbowl this year, baby!

Krispy

2007/6/11 8:28

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
Jeannette,

GA is Georgia, USA. Lilburn is located right next to Atlanta. The reason I know is that our son used to live there.

Hope this helps.

ginnyrose

Thanks

I shall probably forget, but its good to be informed! :-? Now and again I feel a gentle reminder to you Americans is needed, that the USA isn't the only nation on the planet.

Georgia... Is that the place in the song? "...as we were marching through Georgia"? I always got it confused with the Georgia in Russia!

But I have heard of Atlanta - and Missisippi!

But there, I also used to wonder what the Prince of Wales had to do with the Prairies.

There's a song, "God bless the Prince of Wales", and one part says:

[i]"Let the prayer re-echo

God bless the Prince of Wales."[/i]

I always thought it was:

[i]"Let the [u]Prairie[/u] echo..."[/i]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We need a bit of comic relief in the middle of some of these intense discussion!

Jeannette

2007/6/11 18:50
Tears_of_joy

Good article on this topic: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17373&post_id=135469&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=36#135469]Spurgeon on False Doctrine[/url]

2007/6/11 19:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy