Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for Zimbabwe

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Pray for Zimbabwe

A letter from a young Zimbabwean...

Dear World,

I am a 16 year old person living in Zimbabwe. I think the time has come for a more direct appeal, and so I am writing to you, the world. Maybe, just maybe, there might be someone out there who can help us...
It’s tough here now. The inflation rate is so high that if you don’t change money within 6 hours you could get half the amount of foreign currency that you would have originally received.

We’re starving now; people die around us. In the last year alone at least ten people associated personally with my family have died despite the fact that they were only middle-aged. Other people don’t make it to middle age. Some don’t even make it past childhood.
Our once-proud nation is on it’s knees. We flee or die. This beautiful, bountiful once-rich land has become a living hell. We have dealt with it until now; we have made a plan. That was the Zimbabwean motto: “MAKE A PLAN”.
But now we can’t make a plan. We’re too tired, too broken, too bankrupt. We can’t afford life, and life does not cost much, not really. We cannot afford to eat, we cannot afford to drink, and we cannot afford to make mistakes, because if we do we die. We don’t have the capital to support ourselves, and those few who do, have to deal with the horror of watching their friends and family fall into absolute poverty as they cannot afford to help them.

We’re waiting desperately for a great hand to pick us up out of the dirt because at the moment we are outnumbered by Fate herself, and so we close our eyes and pray. We have fought for too long, and have been brought to breaking point. We simply stand, heads down, and bear it. Our spirit has gone; we are defeated. After a valiant struggle of over fifteen years, we have been broken.
There is no will left, no spirit. Like a horse that has been beaten until it cannot fight anymore; we are the same, and, like that horse, we stand dusty, scarred and alone, with dried blood on our sides and lash marks along our flanks. Our ribs too stand out; our hide is also dull. Our eyes are glazed, our throats are parched, and our knees struggle to support us so that we stand with splayed legs to bear the brunt of the next beating, too dejected even to whimper...

This is my plea. The thought of picking ourselves up again is sickening; one can only take so many blows before oblivion is reached, and we are teetering on the rim of the bottomless void. One more push will be the end of us all...
There must be someone out there who can do something. There must be someone out there who cares! We are a destroyed nation, and the world sits back and watches, pretending they cannot hear our cries. I appeal to you all...
PLEASE HELP US!

A 16 YEAR OLD ZIMBABWEAN...

2007/6/9 17:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Pray for Zimbabwe

Quote:
This is my plea. The thought of picking ourselves up again is sickening; one can only take so many blows before oblivion is reached, and we are teetering on the rim of the bottomless void. One more push will be the end of us all...

2007/6/10 1:07Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17336&forum=34&0]What Difference Can One Person Make?[/url]

2007/6/10 6:06Profile
heartablaze

Re: Zimbabwe

I have friends who are of that nationality; like many of their countrymen, they have gone to South Africa. I pray that that will be unnecessary, that the man who is in power will be taken out of it and that someone godly will take over. We should send aid, we should look for oppurtunities to help. There are so many suffering people in Africa, and thanks to the president of Zimbabwe, their country is added to the list.

2007/6/10 9:43Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: Pray for Zimbabwe

Quote:

heartablaze wrote:
I have friends who are of that nationality; like many of their countrymen, they have gone to South Africa. I pray that that will be unnecessary, that the man who is in power will be taken out of it and that someone godly will take over. We should send aid, we should look for oppurtunities to help. There are so many suffering people in Africa, and thanks to the president of Zimbabwe, their country is added to the list.

I will do what I can - I will pray, and I will e-mail my congressmnan.

In hope,

Forrest

P.S. Sent one to the President also, just asking, Can anything be done for Zimbabwe?

At least it will go on the tick list for what people are thinking about.

2007/6/15 22:09Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Father help us to remeber the nations that are hurting. Please awake up to hear, and feel.
Please father we pray for this boy, raise Him up to be a voice for the gosple. Lord let him be one who willing to die that some might here.
amen

2007/6/15 22:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy