SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : how did abraham go to heaven

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
coolcap2007

how did abraham go to heaven

how did people from the old testament go to heaven? jesus had not died and just because he obeyed god didnt mean anything because god hates sin. I have never understood how people from the old testament go to heaven...this is where people have said they feel god will be merciful to muslims because if people went to heaven without jesus because of thier faith to god in the past, then muslims will go that have never had a chance to hear the gospel but have had just as much faith.

2007/6/9 10:17Profile
pastorfrin

Re: how did abraham go to heaven

Romans 4:1-3
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? [2] For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. [3] For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:9
Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

Romans 4:12-13
And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised. [13] For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Romans 4:16
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Galatians 3:6-9
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
[7] Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. [8] And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. [9] So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Galatians 3:14
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Hebrews 11:8
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Hebrews 11:17
By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

James 2:21
Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

2007/6/9 11:24Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: how did abraham go to heaven

BRO Coolcap
Greetings in Jesus Name by whose Blood we are Reconciled to God. AMEN.

EDIT i hadn't seen bro Pastorfrin's post which speaks about Abraham's faith and this is it, he believed and it was counted to him for righteousness. he lived in obedience and was saved but had to wait till Christ came to ascend to heaven.

The O.T. saints went to Paradise (which is also called Abraham's Bosom interestingly see Luke 16) which is part of hell. The final resting place of the damned is the lake of fire into which hell is thrown because hell was a repository for souls for both the righteous (Abraham's Bosom) and the damned (a horrid place of torture) until Christ came. It is to this paradise that Christ went right after death (see Ephesians 4), the same one which He said the thief would be with HIm in. There He preached to those saints held there and released them to ascend into heaven because of the cross, see Matthew 27.

Islam itself is of the devil and so it has no redemptive qualities. Islam began about 600 yrs after Christ came so Muslims have no hope of claiming salvation outside of Christ. Even all the religions of old which were there are of the devil and have no redemptive quality and apart from Judaism before Christ, there was no hope of salvation.

We are saved by the Faith of Christ and in Him so any Faith apart from Him has no hope of saving anyone. God has me ministering to a muslim lady on my job who is digging in but i believe God will show her mercy and loose her from those bonds. it seems to me people want to cut everyone else some slack as far as salvation goes so that they themselves can have some leeway to do whatever they want and not follow Christ because the only way to do so is to die daily and deny yourself. Men being selfish and self-seeking will use all manner of lie and subtlety to escape the one thing which can truly save, the cross. This is why Catholics say that if you are of a major faith you can enter heaven without Jesus, this way they can justify having Mary as a co-intercessor with Christ and all manner of other damned heresies all because they fear the cross and what it stands for. i tell you the way is narrow which leads to salvation but the way to destruction is broad and there are many on that road.

i pray you're on the narrow road.

Grace and Peace be yours in Christ Jesus. AMEN.

2007/6/9 11:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy