Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Romans 12:15

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Romans 12:15

My, the truth of this:

[i]Rom 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.[/i]

On a recent long drive through the mountains in communion with the Lord musing on many things, this thought came to me;

[i]Beauty and treachery
How long can they coexist?
How long O Lord?[/i]

O for the restoration of all things.
Come Lord Jesus.

2004/4/13 12:03Profile
moreofHim

Re: Romans 12:15

Mike,

I posted this last night somewhere else on another thread. Didn't know if you'd find it.

[I was thinking of you today when I was listening to this song called "His Faithfulness". It was about how we may not know know what tomorrow holds but we can trust His faithfulness.

You know that He holds you in the palm of His hand, don't you? You are His and will always be. He has everything under control, He is just "growing" you, that's all. (edit: actually decreasing you :)

You can trust Him, just hang on a little while longer and the light will shine brighter than the noon day sun!]

Quote:
Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Isn't it wonderful how the love of the Lord allows us to feel for another- intercede for another. What would we do without it?

In his perfect love, Chanin

2004/4/13 12:13Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Beauty and treachery
How long O Lord?

A break point in man’s spiritual history.

What do one do when reality dawns, when one begin thinking about the fact that the worlds worst and the aspirations and longings for Heaven’s best, even Heaven itself, appears and is at work in a most tangible manner in one and the same man at one and the same time.

Either radical sacrifice, an altar erected, or vanity and seduction revealed as religious error.
Either grace or delusion.

Dear Mike, thinking along these lines brings sobriety and. . . hope.
Lars

2004/4/13 12:16Profile
lwpray

Sweden

From another thread:

God Demands History Behind Everything
Now because the Lord is so concerned about this, that we will call the HUMAN factor in His testimony; because this is His own Divine idea, and therefore has in it the element of the incorruptible, that is, that which is to be eternal, because God made man for incorruption and for glory, and that eternal thought is bound up with man: because it is so, HE DEMANDS HISTORY behind everything else. That is, He demands history behind all that we say.
If we are giving out truth, if we are teaching or preaching or working or in any way seeking to influence other lives, if we are here in relation to the whole purpose of God in relation to other lives, our part, our place, our influence must have a history behind it. We are not here just to stand as a kind of middle man and to take from a store and pass on to others in that mechanical way, to study up subjects from the Bible and pass them on, retailing Divine products.

God demands history behind everything, and only as there is a history will there be a real value. The testimony is constituted not by words, ideas, truths, but by history in relation to them. God is very careful about this and very intent upon it, that you and I shall never go beyond ourselves in truth, that we are never found talking beyond ourselves, because, if only we knew it, we ourselves are the measure of the truth that we are uttering.
There is something there behind the truth which gives to that truth its incorruptible nature, that makes that truth living and permanent and effective. It is not the truth itself - it is knowing the truth; the knowing is the knowledge of experience. The real value in all our teaching and speaking and trying, as we say, to further the testimony, to stand for the testimony - I do not know that I like the phraseology, but that is how we talk or what we mean - is that everything has to have spiritual history behind it.

TAS

2004/4/13 12:24Profile
lwpray

Sweden

The common offer of evangelists these days is this:
“You need power; come to the altar and get it:”
This has no more moral appeal than taking a car for gas and saying to the attendant, “Fill her up.”
This shibboleth brings no moral change or spiritual enduement that would make a sin-sick world and a flabby faltering Church know that the Almighty has visited His people.
Leonard Ravenhill
Meat for Men

2004/4/13 14:12Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Just popped in here real quick...

I am lost, puzzled Lars.
Did I miss something?

I am not sure how all this fit's together. These reply's.

I was thinking along the lines of [i] The creation groans[/i]

And as it related here today;

Weeping for the brother with cancer.
Rejoicing for Greg's birthday.

Confused...

2004/4/13 14:23Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Dear Brother Mike,

You brought in some poetry:
Beauty and treachery
How long O Lord?

This triggered a chain of associations in a direction which my heart and mind have moved recently.
I have encountered situations of the more drastic kind in which the two opposite realities, Heaven and hell, have been moving strongly over life and lives in a manner to which the only possible reaction can be expressed in this short piece of poetry of yours.
How is it possible that Heaven can allow itself to be present where sin abounds and that at the very same time. And, if Heaven were not present at the same time, death would be the immediate effect. It is a mystery of grace.
The piece by Mr. Ravenhill carries a comment concerning the Gospel, the kind of Gospel needed to speak reality into situations where we find this controversy. The therapeutic gospel, the romantic gospel has no power whatsoever to speak comfort or to bring healing.
We are following different threads in this thread.
Perhaps there is a common theme in the “groans of the Creation” – the longing for an end of the flow of tears and a setting where laughter is clear as crystal.
Lars

2004/4/13 14:49Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Thanks Lars,

Yes

Well said, better said...

I am following you now.

2004/4/13 19:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.