SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paint a Picture

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Paint a Picture

I truly hope that those who have convictions about Christian Rock will overlook the fact that the Resurrection Band is a hard rock/blues Christian band.

I heard this song when I first got saved, and it was me to a tee before the Lord saved my soul. I just heard that song again a few minutes ago... and the Holy Spirit used it to remind me of how far God has brought me.

Thought I would share the lyrics with y'all. It's not lyrics that you might find in a hymnal... but they are just as powerful.

Krispy

[b]Paint A Picture[/b]
by Glenn Kaiser (Resurrection Band)

Oh, the hours of agony in that darkened room
Silhouetted by an ache to be desired by someone
Hating who you are and what you've made of yourself
Not forgiving yourself for you
What was I trying to prove, running from You?
And it hurts me so to see that box I know
Filled with photographs of things I knew
But You promised me You'd make all things new

Paint a picture of a lonely life
Paint a picture of a cold, gray night
Paint a picture of the emptiest day you've ever known
Paint a picture of a starving man
Paint a picture, being born again
Paint a picture of an empty cage, for this bird has flown

When you live all alone
Hating your only companion
They'll tell you it's allright
But baby, you know that's a lie
I reached the bottom
I hope you don't have to find out the way I did
Trip after trip and try after try after try

Paint a picture of a broken heart
Paint that picture and you can start to understand the love of the Savior
And oh, how He understands you
Paint a picture of a blood-covered cross
See that picture and you'll know what it cost
- the price God paid to prove His love for you

2007/6/7 15:38
coalz

Tennessee

Re: Paint a Picture

dear krispy
thank you for sharing these lyrics. they remind me of myself too. we all need to reflect on how empty and hollow life was without Christ so we won't loose our burden for the lost. today i litterly broke down weeping for the lostness of my work mates right in the middle of work. I managed to regain my composure but i don't think i should have. who cares if they think i'm foolish. they all put on masks and seem to be so happy but we can't forget the truth. they try to drowned out the emptiness with drugs alcohol sex movies television music anything to distract them from the "ache". oh God that we could break through the masks! to reach the lost we must never forget the utter hopelessness we felt. pray for me.may the Lord bless you and keep you close to His heart.
coalz

the coals thereof are coals of fire...s.s. 8:6-7

2007/6/7 17:20Profile

Re: Paint a Picture

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I truly hope that those who have convictions about Christian Rock will overlook the fact that the Resurrection Band is a hard rock/blues Christian band.

I heard this song when I first got saved, and it was me to a tee before the Lord saved my soul. I just heard that song again a few minutes ago... and the Holy Spirit used it to remind me of how far God has brought me.

Thought I would share the lyrics with y'all. It's not lyrics that you might find in a hymnal... but they are just as powerful.

Krispy

[b]Paint A Picture[/b]
by Glenn Kaiser (Resurrection Band)

Oh, the hours of agony in that darkened room
Silhouetted by an ache to be desired by someone
Hating who you are and what you've made of yourself
Not forgiving yourself for you
What was I trying to prove, running from You?
And it hurts me so to see that box I know
Filled with photographs of things I knew
But You promised me You'd make all things new

Paint a picture of a lonely life
Paint a picture of a cold, gray night
Paint a picture of the emptiest day you've ever known
Paint a picture of a starving man
Paint a picture, being born again
Paint a picture of an empty cage, for this bird has flown

When you live all alone
Hating your only companion
They'll tell you it's allright
But baby, you know that's a lie
I reached the bottom
I hope you don't have to find out the way I did
Trip after trip and try after try after try

Paint a picture of a broken heart
Paint that picture and you can start to understand the love of the Savior
And oh, how He understands you
Paint a picture of a blood-covered cross
See that picture and you'll know what it cost
- the price God paid to prove His love for you

Krispy, those lyrics are great, but I can't help wondering if it's possible to [i]hear[/i] them if the music is hard rock?

Or if combining those words with that kind of music sends a mixed spiritual message?

As I and others said on one of the music threads, it's the [i]spirit[/i] behind the music that's important. Some beats can actually attract demons (witchdoctors may use this method)

If I heard the music I would probably know. Even within the same style of music there seems some that's OK and some that isn't. The church where I go sometimes has songs with a beat that makes me have to leave the room until its over - just can't stand it. Yet another, with a similar style may seem OK - doesn't disturb me at all - even if it is a bit loud.

Anyway, don't really want to start that argument off again! ;-)

Jeannette

2007/6/7 18:17

Re:

Jeanette... depends on what you grew up with, I suppose. I grew up on Ozzy, AC/DC, all the hair metal of the 80's... so to, tho i have some VERY serious concerns about the state of Christian music... I am not as put off by the STYLE as someone else might be.

You're right, my intention was to share some lyrics that really broke my heart when I first got saved, not get into the whole music debate again.

All I can tell you is if the words spoke to you, let 'em speak. Why worry about the style when you havent heard the song anyway? Instead of being blessed, it seems you wondered "What if I wouldnt like the style of this song?"

By the way, this song is a slow song, no loud guitars, just gravely voiced Glenn Kaiser emotionally singing about how lost he was before Christ came into his life. It's more "real" than a Sunday morning choir singing a hymn. (Not that there is anything wrong with a choir... I just cant relate to choir music most of the time... I want something thats real)

Krispy

2007/6/11 10:48

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy