SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Scandal of the gospel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Quote:

ADisciple wrote:
Quote:

ravenmolehil wrote:

(How was the message of Christ and his atoning death a stumbling block, or scandal, to the Jews?)

I meant to respond to this question earlier, but Dorcas has already answered it well.

(How was the message of Christ and his atoning death a stumbling block, or scandal, to the Jews?)

That was copied and pasted info, I grabbed too much, and did not mean to place that in,
All I was after was the “scandal” and where it was derived (= stumblingblock)

You guy answered the initial question masterfully, Thanks to all that posted;
Very informative stuff

2007/6/7 14:20Profile

Re: The scandal of the gospel

AD said

Quote:
answered it well

Thank you for this gracious acknowledgement, AD.

With all the 'women should not teach' threads, and how the Lord has been dealing with me over this matter - to make me much more careful how I pitch what I think I understand - I still find myself excited to 'get' more and more of what the New Testament opens to [i]my[/i] understanding, and am desirous to share it.

Your point about the Spirit of Rest is close to my heart, as this was a verse which the Lord used to keep me striving to attain to. Recently, I heard Poonen make much of 'an evil heart of unbelief', and how it would disqualify those who had not been honest with themselves - which is exactly the Lord's message in Matthew 7 when He describes such as 'workers of iniquity'.

ravenmolehill,

Your question was timely, and in my answering it, I learned something also. Thank you.

2007/6/7 23:30

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy