SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Study Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Study Bible

I currently use a KJV Scofeild for the vast majority of my study, but have been considering a MacArthur study bible ((not to replace, I hear it has alot of great resources)) to supplement my KJV; just wondering if anyone would be willing to gives some pros or cons on the issue.
I don't personally know anyone that owns one,,

2007/6/5 10:42Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Study Bible

Hi ravenmolehil...

I haven't read the MacArthur study Bible, so I can't actually recommend it. I was going to ask whether or not you have considered the Thompson Chain Reference. It is a great study Bible with less doctrine and more Scripture correlation. They are even a little cheaper today than they were about ten years ago. You can actually go to a website like half.com and purchase one for less than $30 (sometimes). I've owned two of these Thompson Bibles and enjoy the information and information included. I actually prefer it to my Scofield.

Anyway, I apologize for interrupting the intent of your post. I just wanted to interject this since this particular Bible has been so helpful!

:-)

2007/6/5 12:12Profile
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Thompson Chain Reference. It is a great study Bible with less doctrine and more Scripture correlation. - I actually prefer it to my Scofield.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will look into this

2007/6/5 12:32Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I currently use a KJV Scofeild for the vast majority of my study, but have been considering a MacArthur study bible ((not to replace, I hear it has alot of great resources)) to supplement my KJV; just wondering if anyone would be willing to gives some pros or cons on the issue.
I don't personally know anyone that owns one,,

I would take the MacArthur study bible over the Scofield. Another interesting study bible is the "Companion Bible" by E.W. Bullinger.

2007/6/5 13:44Profile
Coachmm

Re: Study Bible

I have the MaCarthur study Bible and it is a great resource and would reccomend it to anyone

2007/6/12 1:59Profile

Re:

Noting beats a KJV with Matthew Henry open beside it.

Krispy

2007/6/12 9:01
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

yes thats a very good combination! i study that way, and i use the treasury of scriptural knowledge to look up key verses and i must say the scripture opens up just wonderful! and i also have the Strong's and Websters :-) for deeper word study and i have them all in "one book unbrigaded versions" enormous books, i have sometimes five six open at the same time my wife just shakes her head :-)

but you can get all with e-sword for absolutely free !

I'm just a guy who likes "dig" into books. studying on the computer makes me less concentrated

i to was thinking before on this MacArthur study bible , but after some consideration and prayer i went this way, and pray God will open my "eyes".

2007/6/12 9:35Profile

Re:

e-sword is great... I use it all the time, especially when posting on this forum.

But there is nothing better than having the books in front of you. Besides, my wife complains when there is hi-liter and red marks all over the computer screen.

:-P

Krispy

2007/6/12 9:55
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Noting beats a KJV with Matthew Henry open beside it.

Krispy

That’s what use now in conjunction with mac sword; I think that’s apples version of e-sword & also use quickverse; mac - black box edition. Though I do like the print in front of me.
( I think I can use my large print Strong’s quicker than firing up the computer & it seems like I get side tracked more on the computer). I guess with all these resources it sounds like I just need to digest what I have and stop jumping around to more clutter / busyness and allow the Holy Spirit to work through the reading of the gospel and put a stop to these tendencies of intellectualism.

2007/6/12 10:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy