SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : a abomination feeding the prophet?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
Quote:
I'm no Bible scholar, but even I know the difference between a raven and a Gentile!

Symbolically speaking!!! The Raven was one of the fowls forbidden by Israel NOT to eat. When God sent down the sheet full of the forbidden things that the Jews do not eat, Peter balked at God's command. In that sheet was the Raven and all the other creeping things that Israel was not supposed to eat.

That Raven along with the other non kosher foods represent Gentiles. You don't have to be a Bible Scholar for that, this is elementary my dear Watson. I hope that helps.

Bro, Compliments, I was going to say something similar but you got there first!

I had an experience that illustrates this (mentioned in a thread a while ago but bears repeating).

I used to work in a psychiatric nursing home. Most of the patients were fairly young (under 6o!) but mentally ill. There was one woman who really fitted most people's idea of "mad", she used to say the wierdest things. And, in her case, the problem was obviously demonic. She even had a history of attacking someone with a knife - which worried her when the "voices" told her to do it, (though with the help of medication she never actually followed through on this, thankfully!)

One of the male patients thumped me because I wouldn't give him a cigarette "NOW". I wasn't physically hurt (he only did it in the same way you would thump a cigarette machine if it didn't deliver!), but I was upset, especially as I was fond of the bloke, and he'd never done it before.

This lady came and put her arm around me to comfort me. For a moment I recoiled, knowing what was in her. Then I thought how she, from the depths of her own torment, had reached out in care for another person. And even that [i][u]the Lord was using her to comfort me[/u][/i]!

I said, "Lord, I receive this as from You!".

And was comforted through the ministry of this human "raven".

in Him

Jeannettte

2007/6/6 7:49
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I still do not know the answer to your question...but I will share something here.

A few years ago someone in our community had a pet raven. This guy was very intelligent and his exploits were very entertaining and funny. One day he flew to town and while there he snatched a letter from a man's hand and flew away with it!

According to Wikipedia they are very intelligent birds. Perhaps Elijah needed a little entertainment! Being alone at this brook with little diversion could get to you....I am not being irreverent, am I?

ginnyrose

2007/6/6 21:34Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=13928]FINN-01 Elijah the Prophet by Art Katz[/url]

here is the sermon i heard it, Art does not speak so much on it , but the very thing he is getting at is deep, i have a hard time expressing it in words .-) mbut anyone who is interested in listening here you go

2007/6/7 4:25Profile
Jeppe

The Netherlands

Re:

Hi,

someone once mentioned this article to me, it's deep indeed:[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=406]The Prophetic Call - Elijah: Prophet of Restoration[/url]

if you scroll down to the header The Ultimate Place of Union Art expounds on Elijah and the ravens. Don't kwow if he tells the same thing in the sermon, but I thought i would just mention the article.

:-)

2007/6/7 5:11Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Brethren
Greetings in Christ's name by whose BLood we are all Justified before God. AMEN.

What our Lord showed me about Elijah being fed by an unclean bird and even being sent to a gentile woman and then laying on her dead son in spite of all the laws against associating in any way with such uncleanness is this. God is God and can do as He pleases. Some have said God will not or can't contradict His word. well we know what the word says about contact with dead bodies, unclean animals and people and yet God had Elijah do those things, why? God reserves the right to do as He pleases. i know Elijah must have thought "go to a gentile woman? fed by ravens?" but because GOd said so even contrary to what He had said before and knowing the voice of God, Elijah obeyed. So we see the issue of God's Sovereignty and the need for our obedience to that word even if it contradicts what we know He has spoken before. Are we so sold out to God to do even this? Then also We see the Mercy of God. That gentile woman was ready to die, there was no hope for her but God saw her plight and sent Elijah because He wanted to Glorify Himself through that 2 year (or so i think) ministry. to me is speaks of God coming into the filth of our lives. HE can't tolerate sin yet He came into our lives and sustained us (the grain and oil used to make bread in that time). Not only that but the death of that boy is like our own death in transgression and Elijah laying on that boy and bringing him to life is like Christ on the cross willingly giving HImself for this display of God's Glory and MErcy. Elijah didn't just touch the boy, HE laid on him 3 times, Christ didn't wave His hand in Heaven but came down and became flesh and endured and suffered the cross and became death and the curse for us to bring us to life.

ain't God good brethren?

Grace and Peace to you all in Christ's name. AMEN.

2007/6/7 12:55Profile

Re: a abomination feeding the prophet?

I think this could be tied into "the meek shall inherit the earth" and "all things work for the good of those who love Him".

I can't remember where in scripture, but I know there's at least one reference to the righteous profiting from the works of the unrighteous... or believers profiting from unbelievers...

Anyone know where it is?

2007/6/7 15:00

Re:

Quote:

Corey_H wrote:
I think this could be tied into "the meek shall inherit the earth" and "all things work for the good of those who love Him".

I can't remember where in scripture, but I know there's at least one reference to the righteous profiting from the works of the unrighteous... or believers profiting from unbelievers...

Anyone know where it is?

Exodus 12:35-36,
[i][color=000066]35 The people of Israel had also done as Moses told them, for they had asked of the Egyptians jewelry of silver and of gold, and clothing; 36 and the Lord had given the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they let them have what they asked. Thus they despoiled the Egyptians.[/color][/i]

Deut 6:10-11 (that one took a lot of finding!)
[i][color=000066] 10 “And when the Lord your God brings you into the land which he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give you, with great and goodly cities, which you did not build, 11 and houses full of all good things, which you did not fill, and cisterns hewn out, which you did not hew, and vineyards and olive trees, which you did not plant[/color][/i]

I have a feeling there's more, maybe in Proverbs. New Testament? Can't think of anything, except "all things are yours..." (Paul) which doesn't quite fit...

Jeannette

2007/6/7 17:26

Re:spoiling the Egyptians

Quote:
[i][color=000099]35 The people of Israel had also done as Moses told them, for they had asked of the Egyptians jewelry of silver and of gold, and clothing; 36 and the Lord had given the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they let them have what they asked. Thus they despoiled the Egyptians.[/color][/i]

But there's also Genesis 14:21, where Abraham wouldn't take anything from the king of Sodom :-?
[i][color=000099]21 And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the persons, but take the goods for yourself.” 22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have sworn to the Lord God Most High, maker of heaven and earth, 23 that I would not take a thread or a sandal-thong or anything that is yours, lest you should say, ‘I have made Abram rich.’[/color][/i]
There must be a particular reason for that. Maybe because Sodom was such an evil city?

Jeannette

2007/6/7 17:33

Re:

Quote:
Ironman said:God is God and can do as He pleases

We don't want to say this in a loose way that God is God and He can do whatever He wants, so there attitude!! And I hope that is not what you mean. But God can do whatever He pleases because there is no law to restrict Him. REBELLIOUS man was given the law to show him that he is incapable of keeping it, thus the need of a saviour Jesus Christ. We have been free from the same law, and we are [should be] walking in love.
Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Ironman, this is for all of us, I am not particularly speaking to you only.

2007/6/7 19:00
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Compliments

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
Quote:
Ironman said:God is God and can do as He pleases

We don't want to say this in a loose way that God is God and He can do whatever He wants, so there attitude!! And I hope that is not what you mean. But God can do whatever He pleases because there is no law to restrict Him. REBELLIOUS man was given the law to show him that he is incapable of keeping it, thus the need of a saviour Jesus Christ. We have been free from the same law, and we are [should be] walking in love.
Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Ironman, this is for all of us, I am not particularly speaking to you only.

thank you for making even more plain what i was trying to get across. i wasn't saying that God is God and can do as He wishes in a flippant manner or with attitude, but rather saying it as a testimony of what is Truth for me now having been dealt with by God as i have been. This is a dear dear Truth to me and i would not be casual about it at all! It puts me in my place and lets me know i need to do one thing, be obedient because He has it all figured out and i can't help Him out because He lacks nothing. Indeed there is no law to restrict Him, He is Law...man this makes me want to sit down somewhere...

indeed let us awaken to righteousness and refrain from sinning so that we can testify against the powers the Manifold Wisdom of God rather than fail to so do and shame Him.

Grace and Peace to you all in Jesus Name. AMEN.

2007/6/7 19:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy