Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Disappointment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
silverspoone

Disappointment

Disappointment

Rom 5:5
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
(from New International Version)

Rom 5:5
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
KJV

Rom 14:19
19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
KJV

1 Thess 5:11
11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
KJV

1 Sam 30:6
6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.
KJV

Have you ever been disappointed?
Has anyone ever let you down?
If you have felt hopelessness and confusion and sadness, and shame…….then this is for you.
Because we can have Gods peace, a peace that passes ALL understanding.

Phil 4:7
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
KJV

If its in Gods word, its there for us to reach out and grab. Its ours to accept and plant in our hearts, and hold onto with everything in us.
Oh many will try to rip this out of your very hands from time to time, but we can hold onto it
with a tenacity that no one can tear it away from us!

Lord help me but I have slipped many times by seeing circumstances and getting into my flesh by thinking “oh woe is me” in my thinking and feeling sorry for myself. Its part of human nature to do that, but when we are truly transformed by the power of the Living God, that begins to change, and we begin to see things differently. We begin to walk away from things of the flesh and all its ugliness, and begin to take on the very nature of Christ.
It can happen! We just have to focus on God MORE, and less on our circumstances. Because our circumstances can change in a heart beat. I can certainly give you a testimony of that!
God has been so good to me and my husband, and has shown His mighty power many times in our lives, and shown His goodness and light so much and yet even we slip and see circumstances.

Do you feel sometimes that you can no longer go on? That no matter what you do just doesn’t seem right? That you are a total loser, and why does God love you anyway?
Been there, done that…..even saved people can think this way too, because the enemy wants us to give up and go backwards!! He wants to rob us of our walk with God, our relationship with God and all that we stand to gain when we leave this earth and walk with God and Jesus in heaven!

This means we have to start really spending the time with God, reading, praying, seeking others that you can fellowship with that will spend time with you and pray with you and seek the Lord WITH you….and you will then begin to see your lives change. We are not loners, we are part of the BODY OF CHRIST, which means we all have a piece of the puzzle to share with one another.
We all have gifts to share with one another.

Focusing on the problem……will keep us there. It will keep YOU there. And that is all we, or you, or I will have. The problem or circumstance. Know why? Because we just took it out of Gods hands. He cannot DO anything if we wont let Him. We tie His hands when we keep the situation in front of us like a cat playing with a mouse.

We cannot put our trust in man. Because man will betray trusts, and wound deeply. That’s why we are not to trust in the arm of the flesh, God even says so!
Want the scripture?

Jer 17:5
5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
KJV

That’s why we have to place our trust in the Lord. He wont betray us or let us down. But human beings WILL! Why do you think that is? Its called stinking human will.
It’s the need to be “right” and “perfect” and “in control” and “adored” and “popular”.
What ever happened to being right, perfect, and in control and adored and popular with JESUS?
Why do we chase PEOPLE for these things? They cant GIVE love like the LORD can!
We ALL sin, and fall SHORT of the GLORY OF GOD!

Rom 3:23
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

I would like to give you comfort that you can overcome disappointments and hurts and betrayal and pain by surrendering to the Lord. He will love you like no other. His love covers, protects, and nurtures, and sometimes punishes. (No one wants to hear that though!)

Just remember though, He will NEVER leave you NOR forsake you and will be with you to the end of the age. All we have to do is show Him how much we love Him by placing Him first in our lives and He will take care of the rest of it! We will have His peace, and His joy, and His rest in the storms of life, because we will know that He will take care of any storms that come our way. Its not easy to trust but we can do it. He gives us His WORD on that!!! Give Him your storms today! Let HIM be the Captain of your ship!

He is the BEST Captain! He is the BEST commanding officer! He is the BEST Father!
He is THE BEST!

Wont you trust Him with your disappointments and heartaches today?
He wont let you down!

God Loves you!
So do I!

In Gods service
Sealed by His love
Sheila Hall
©June 2nd, 2007
silverstone@earthlink.net

2007/6/3 15:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy