SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer request for Christian laborer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Prayer request for Christian laborer

Brothers and sisters,

Please lift up to God a christian worker that I met named Ray. I have met ray several times as he was passing out tracts. He says that he is being attacked spiritually by what he believes is witchcraft.

Please pray for him as God may lead in all goodness and truth and sincere love for a fellow believer.

The passage from Galatians comes to mind which says

"Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted."

We only stand by the strength and power of God.

Chris

2007/6/3 13:46Profile

Re: Prayer request for Christian laborer

Dear brother,

That is a very good verse you put up there. I wish all 'laborers' would use it.

Brother, this is not at you but to Ray.

When I was younger in the Lord and anxious to do street work etc. etc., I came in contact with folks that would make some folks hair stand straight up.

But, what I wanted to say to Ray is, he's being attacked by a lying spirit that he's half-ways allowed.

The reason I say that is ... sometimes, we see 'where' we're working and with what, and imagine our work is so so big and sometimes dangerous.

I'm saying this only from experience, so I hope you can feel the pathos here.

Ask Ray to think and read about Paul's ministry - just for one in the BIBLE.

Can you find just one account of any of those Laborers in the New Testament saying that they're being attacked by such & such a demon or phenomena ? Only Paul's thorn in the flesh.
Which God allowed and Job, which God allowed.
Demons cannot touch a child of God unless HE allows it to teach and humble them.

Many times All of us --- have pride and that pride can let the "hooga-boogas" in. We think that our work is so big, that Satan himself sometimes are after them.

God will allow it so that the pride will go and so that we'll take the time, (prayer & reading His Word)to realize just how HUGE our 'Creator' GOD is (compared to created creatures or their 'power')and learn that without HIM we can do NOTHING for God. We're not as big as we think we are. And if we're attacked, we need to just ask God why ? 99% of the time, it's to humble us and realize Who the 'Laborer' really is - within us.

I hope I've expressed this right. Been there - done that - and that's where I'm coming from and looking at Only The Word of God.

Love in Christ.

1Jn 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, [u]and that wicked one toucheth him not.[/u]

1Jn 2:13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
1Jn 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Our only weapon is 'The Word' and our standing with God.

Tell Ray ~ Great Shalom have they that Know & delight in His Word.

Peace & Love brother.

2007/6/3 15:12
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: For a Christian Laborer

If he feels attacked, he may be being attacked.

Praying for Ray, and also for Thomas, another street preacher I met this week with such a shining spirit, but hampered in his life, but not his walk, by the word FELON on his work applications.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/6/4 4:50Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Forrest and Annie, [u]thank you[/u] both for your time and prayers for Ray.

Annie, I appreciate what you shared.

Chris

2007/6/4 12:15Profile

Re:

Bless you Chris.

I was telling my husband, that after I posted to you - "I got attacked" a few hours later.
"Something" kept telling me, "Go edit or remove that post" and it was creepy.

Well, having been around that block enough times, this ol' lame warrior like you, knew what it was and my husband, who didn't know what I had even written or what about said ... "that" only happens when you hit "something".
Those yuckies as I call those little-fallen-created-beings don't like to be brought out to the light and have Christians know that 'they' can't do a Thing without [b]HIS[/b] allowing it - for some Romans 8:29 reason.
'They' want us to be afraid of them. Booo ! Ha. That's their opening - that's the chink in our armor - fear.

Pastorfrin did a good one on his PEACE thread about Perfect love casts out all fear, that's worth the read.

LORD BLESS YOU CHRIS.

Your zeal for evangelism and the persecuted Church and the down-trodden has always had my admiration Brother.
Shalom

2007/6/4 12:26
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi again Annie :)

I'm glad to see you posting and I wish you all goodness and grace from God our Father.

Thanks again for sharing,

Chris

2007/6/5 16:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy