SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are Women Totally Forbidden to Teach?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
PosterThread
HomeFree89

Indiana

Are Women Totally Forbidden to Teach?

Are women totally forbidden to teach when men are in the audience? Can someone please give me some Bible verses that will help clear this up?

What about women teaching at a Bible College?

Jordan

2007/6/2 19:02Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Are Women Totally Forbidden to Teach?

"Let your women" 1Ti 2:11-12
"under obedience" Eph 5:22; Tit 2:5; 1Pe 3:1
"saith the law" Ge 3:16; Nu 30:3-12; Es 1:20

Not my words. Where does teaching start for all people? Children learn from their parents more than they learn from school. That is what gives a child his or her whole being even the way they learn in school. Who is the most important teacher to all children? Parents, especially mothers. Teach? Wow, a woman has the greatest influence over her children and can really give the foundation of every child the greatest perspective of God and bring God the greatest glory of all Children. A woman teach? YOU bet.

Men and Fathers should be the greatest spiritual influence of life to their wives so they can be the greatest influence over their children. Father should teach also, that is a child's greatest gift from parents. Should women teach?
Should men teach? What do you think?

In Christ: Phillip

2007/6/4 3:10Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Quote:

HomeFree89 wrote:
Are women totally forbidden to teach when men are in the audience? Can someone please give me some Bible verses that will help clear this up?

What about women teaching at a Bible College?

Jordan

Well, Jordan,

Two days, and no one want's to pick this one up, for fear of seeming legalistic.

The only person who said it was forbidden for women to speak was Paul, and it was in the confines of a synagogue, or church.

[color=993300]1 Corinthians 14:34. Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1st Timothy 2:7. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
8. I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
9. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10. But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
11. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13. For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
[/color]

I am woman, I am an ordained Minister, and an evangelist.

I teach all the time.

But because of what Paul said in the Bible, which I believe is the God breathed Word, I will not Pastor a church, which is a position of authority over men, until every man around me over 30 years of age that believes in Jesus is dead or in prison, and then only if called by God to do so. But then, God has not called me to Pastor a church. When and if He does, I'll consider it carefully, to make sure I'm hearing the right voice, take a look at the circumstances, and agonize a lot, because I don't want to be a Pastor.

Your teachers are I hope learned, and accurate in their teaching. The fact that they happen to be female is irrelevant to me, and obviously to some Bible Colleges.

Of course, it might not be to them, so you are wise to be careful not to offend your sisters overmuch, or even your brothers.

On the other hand, some denominations, Methodist, and Quakers, for instance, think no shame to be taught and pastored by a women.

It all depends, you see on whether people believe that the Bible is Inerrant or Inspired. And whether they think Jewish Law is more important that Jesus's Grace.

But if a woman is called by God to Pastor, best see if God prospers her before tarring and feathering her.

Or you might find yourself fighting God.

I believe that Gamaliel said approximately the same thing to the Sanhedrin at the time our Savior was under scrutiny.

They handed Jesus over to the Romans to be killed.

If they had been smart, they would have waited to see what God wanted. And in regard to Jesus, God allowed them to make a huge mistake, since
He had already promised the Messiah would come in two different guises at two different times.

They didn't read prophecy very well, but even if they had, they might have allowed it all to happen anyway. Or God would have blinded them, regardless, because Jesus had to die, or we couldn't be saved.

They knew the law well, and you must take into consideration that Paul was in line for one of their seats, and knew the law very well also, so well that Jesus had to make a personal appearance to Paul to convince the stubborn guy to think it over.

There were also cultural differences, and most women of the time knew almost nothing except what they had heard and been taught by their parents, or by their husbands, or by Paul.

Jesus is deemed to be less legalistic. But again, Paul is the one talking.

[color=993300]Galatians 3:15. Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
16. Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19. Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21. Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.[/color]

God's allowed to change His mind...and always has been. And Paul contradicted himself.

Nice, touchy subject, isn't it?

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/6/4 4:18Profile
Delwynmm

THE HEART OF WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP - AN EXAMPLE FROM THE PROPHETESS / JUDGE DEBORAH

Lets take a look at what happened with the women in the Early Church. Something caused Paul to write some very stern words to them:
1 Corinthians 14:34 (KJV) Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1 Timothy 2:11-12 (KJV) Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
There is one common factor with both these groups of women and that is the issue of being under authority. The Corinthian women were lacking in submission by speaking out of turn in church meetings. Paul told them that if they had questions, or opinions, it would be better for them to discuss these matters with their husbands at home instead of disturbing the meetings.
The Ephesian women were also becoming outspoken, and were obviously pursuing a dominant stance by positioning themselves over the men. Both groups of women were asked to be silent in the church gatherings because their disruption was creating havoc. These two groups of women failed to understand the importance of being under authority.
Anti-authority behaviour destroys the unity of the church. It also grieves the Holy Spirit and hinders the anointing.
Sadly, over the years, in some cases, there has been a misuse of authority where men have disregarded the important contribution of women in the home, church and society, and assumed a dominant stance and expected them to come under their harsh control. This is a far cry from God’s ideal. Then there is the other extreme where women have sought to free themselves from all restraints, and have risen up against every male authority figure. This also, is a far cry from God’s ideal. As a victim, and now survivor of spiritual abuse I am acutely aware of the fine line between Godly leadership and authoritarian control. Submission to authority, in either marriage or in a church setting ought never be forced upon a woman. Submission to authority is a voluntary response from the heart of a person who chooses to be accountable to those in leadership.
One can not deny that right throughout the Scriptures the majority of leadership positions were delegated to males. This is God’s divine order and we as women, need to embrace it as such and seek to work in with the males God has placed over us. But having said that, it is important we understand the Biblical definition of authority and leadership, as explained in the left hand column. In rare occasions such as in Deborah's case, where a woman is supreme, she, like Deborah needs to establish an accountability with Godly males in authority such as Laipdoth and Barak.
God’s ideal is for women and men to complement each other. In Luke chapter 8 it states that women accompanied Jesus in His ministry trips. I personally believe He included them because He understood how complementary females are to males.
When God chose Deborah, He also appointed a man to work together with her. His name was Barak, leader of the army. Deborah and Barak ministered harmoniously together. Barak’s name means: ‘to draw the sword like a flash of lightening.’ I see Barak as being a type of pastor. One of the pastor’s responsibilities is to speak forth the sword of the Spirit (which is the Word of God as explained in Ephesians Chapter 6).
Deborah worked on the strategy so the leader’s advancement was successful. Anointed handmaidens help their church leaders, not hinder them. Ideally male and female co-workers in the church work together on the same team, not opposing each other. In Deborah’s song, one line says ‘My heart is toward the governors.’ Leaders need women with the anointing who desire to bless their leaders, not rise up against them.
Because of Deborah’s right attitude, the male leader of the army acknowledged the anointing of God on her life. When Barak was discussing the call to arms with Deborah, he said that he would not go unless she accompanied him. I have heard it said that it was because he was timid. But that was not his character. On the day of the victory, he alone fearlessly led an entire army of ten thousand men. That doesn’t sound like a wimp to me.
I believe Barak asked Deborah go with him because he recognized and acknowledged the anointing of God upon her life. He understood how complementary she was to him as they carried out God’s purposes together.
Oh that the leaders in Christendom today would put aside their preconceived idea and recognize the anointing of God in women’s lives. Oh that the women would maintain the right heart-attitude towards their male leaders when stepping into areas of ministry under the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

2007/6/4 5:12Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Bravo Delwynmm!

I've heard these very things taught before, but didn't have the scholarship to speak as well of them.

And your point on authority in Barak & Deborah is brilliant.

Gentlemen...Please, pay attention.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/6/4 5:54Profile

Re:

This is a different take on it...

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1.16 -17

Some may understand this and most probably will not. What are the gifts of the Spirit?

Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 1 Cor 12.4

Word of wisdom
Word of knowledge
Faith
Gifts of healing
Working of miracles
Prophecy
Discerning of spirits
divers kinds of tongues
Interpretation of tongues

Take a close look but I do not read any version of the Bible (you want to read) where the Spirit only gives ANY of these gifts to the male species of men. And if prophecy is preaching, then it looks to be open to all!

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

I know that all will not agree with me because they would have to rethink their whole belief system but if these gifts are for 'WHOSOEVER will' and there is neither male NOR female in the Spirit (Galatians 3.28), don't be so quick to be so adamently against women teaching. The Lord might have something for you one day that He may want to bring through a woman and if your ears are sealed shut, then you will miss what He has for you. And please don't say that He knows you and He won't do that!! :) He just might!

2007/6/4 6:59
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

I knew in my heart of hearts this would happen...the guys won't say anything!

I guess, Jordan, they're leaving it up to us 'ladies' to teach you.

Well, the Word is the Word. Dividing it rightly is 'equal opportunity' difficult!

All blessings to you,

Forrest

2007/6/4 7:10Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Let's have another look at Genesis.

Genesis 3v16, 'To the woman He said, I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception, in pain you shall bring forth chilren, your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you'.

When did that change?

Maybe you have never noticed, but most of the world rulers are men.

Most pastors and evangelists are men.

It is as God says.

As for those women who are 'pastors', what are their husbands? The 'pastor's husband' doesn't have quite the right sound to it for some reason.

The fact is, the church has been poisoned with secular humanism, and it shows.

1 Tim 2v11-15 tells us the role of women. It talks about childbearing, so, with my limited knowledge, that does not seem to apply to the men.

As it is, the men probably have not answered this yet because they are busy at work, while we have time to idle on the computer.

Let us all do ourselves a favour, don't argue with God, because we can only lose.

Obey Him.

That's it.

God bless.

2007/6/4 8:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Forrest wrote:

Quote:
I knew in my heart of hearts this would happen...the guys won't say anything!

Mind if I offer an explanation for this? This topic has been a subject of great discussion/debate on this forum in the past and can get very controversial. So, I would guess those who have been on this forum for a while are in no mood to get involved again. Like me.

My observation and opinion,

ginnyrose

2007/6/4 8:39Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

ginnyrose,

You are right. It is a needless discussion.

No more involvement for me, unless absolutely necessary.

And even then...

God bless.

2007/6/4 9:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy