Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Deeper Death

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

The Deeper Death

Saints, I've posted this sermon by Warren Wiersbe front-and-center in this forum because I believe it is worthy of such notice. It is 43 minutes long, and is, I feel, one of the most perfectly balanced and impacting messages I've ever come across. I feel compelled to obey God and share it with others here, knowing there is a precious soul on SI who needs to hear this. For that person I write this: Do listen to the entire message with undivided attention, as it will answer a myriad of unresolved questions and bring peace to the inner turmoil you are experiencing because of a past failure.

O Lord, make us willing to be willing to obey you in all things!

Your servant in Christ,

Brother Paul

http://64.34.176.235/sermons/SID13543.mp3

2007/6/2 12:49Profile

Re: The Deeper Death

Hia Brother Paul,

I clicked on this title from off the Homepage because I liked the title.

I can't do audio at all. Would you happen to know if this is in text form somewhere's out there ?

Thank you a lot.
annie

2007/6/2 14:02
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Would you happen to know if this is in text form somewhere's out there ?

Hi annie,

I checked the internet for a text form and couldn't find any. Why can't you do audio on your computer? Maybe someone here can help you.

Brother Paul

2007/6/2 15:58Profile

Thank you for the recommendation, brother Paul. It sounds like a good message. I look forward to listening to it when I get home. :)

~Joy

2007/6/2 16:28
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

This is an amazing message. Thank you very much!

2007/6/2 19:41Profile
Spitfire

Thanks for posting this message. It inspired me to go read the book of Jonah and the title, [u]The Deeper Death[/u], made me think about what, exactly, was Jonah's deeper death.

Deeper death is something that I have been seeking after and it has become like I'm in the belly of a whale. As I read through the book of Jonah and came to the end where Jonah delivers the message which God had commanded him, but then became angry because God showed the people mercy, I thought about why Jonah would be angry. In chapter 4, vs 3 of the Living Bible, it says, "Please kill me, Lord: I'd rather be dead than alive [when nothing that I told them happens]."

Jonah was God's prophet who was worried about his own reputation. It reminded me of a one line directive which I have received from the Lord at the beginning of this year. God said to me, "This year, I'm going to teach you to stay focused on me." Now, most of this year has been spent realizing how affected I am by the opinions of men. It rattles me so much when others don't like me or realize that I'm God's prophet. Just last night, my own husband called me crazy and that really hurt. I actually left the house to drive around and cry and the Lord ministered to me that, as his devoted servant, I would not find acceptance from men. I mustn't look to men to know what God thinks about me, and if God likes me, then why do I care what men think?

To me, the deepest death is becoming so secure in God and his calling upon my life, and who I am in him, that [i]nothing[/i] can shake me loose from obeying God, even if it spoils my reputation. I suppose men (and women) who will obey God and who seek God with all their hearts do look crazy. Love, Dian.

2007/6/3 9:03Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I can't do audio at all

Haven't forgotten sister ... forgive me for the slowness. Have a new setup here and might still take some time to pull it all together. Just need some vacation time to get to many things. please send me your address again via PM.

2007/6/3 10:33Profile

Re:

Phew, I almost missed this. I'm pokier than ever trying to read threads and get a wee bit, at least, caught up. I'm slower than you by an earth's orbit or twelve.

Thank you for that Mike. I can't PM or reply to any or start threads - my own settings problem.
But I could email you - if that's O.K., then you'll have it again.

And take all the time that you need. His timing is Always Perfect. 8-)

Hey, never forgot you neither brother. THANKS !!!

2007/6/3 15:54

Re:

I will give the message all of my attention.

Also, Dian, I want to thank you. Your post blessed me so much. Currently I am going through a time in which I was "worried about [my] own reputation"--especially in regard to what other religious people think of me. "You are crazy!" hits home. But the Lord reminded me that that is okay, actually a necessity.

[u]1 Corinthians 4:10[/u]
We are fools for Christ’s sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored!

May I be a fool for Christ! You too be encouraged, sister!

In Him,
Slavyan

2007/6/3 16:25

Re: to NotMe & Dian., et all.

You are right Slavyan.

Earlier, I didn't have time to read all the posts but now I do and what Dian said truly touched home here too.

The way the Lord cheers me up sometimes is to remind me of the last 6 verses of Jeremiah 20.

Notice how it starts with Jer 20:13 Sing unto the LORD, praise ye the LORD: for he hath delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers.

Now watch this in the very next 5 verses...

Jer 20:14 Cursed be the day wherein I was born: let not the day wherein my mother bore me be blessed.
Jer 20:15 Cursed be the man who brought tidings to my father, saying, A man child is born unto thee; making him very glad.
Jer 20:16 And let that man be as the cities which the LORD overthrew, and repented not: and let him hear the cry in the morning, and the shouting at noontide;
Jer 20:17 Because he slew me not from the womb; or that my mother might have been my grave, and her womb to be always great with me.
Jer 20:18 Wherefore came I forth out of the womb to see labor and sorrow, that my days should be consumed with shame?

I heard a good sermon about Elijah from 1Kings19.
Look at all he had done in the previous chpt.s but now he was running from a woman.
The teacher said, the man was tired, plus some, spiritually and otherwise.

If any of us are prophets, than of course we'd be minor prophets ... so these guys being the big ones, were of like passions such as we.

Thanks Paul West, Dian and thanks Slavyan for bringing this to our attention.

Bless you all on this thread for trying to help me.

Peace.
Annie

2007/6/3 22:59

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy