Discussion Forum : General Topics : Witnessing Testimonies FOR encouragement

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
lazarus

Connecticut

Witnessing Testimonies FOR encouragement

OK,
I can't sleep. I thought it would be great to have a thread of witnessing testimonies in order to encourage each other. I think it is a good idea and everyone will like it.

I want it to be a place of encouragement, enjoyment, enrichment, enduement, endearment, enlightening, energizing, enliving, edification, and education. haha, How'd I manage to do that? Dictionary my brothers, dictionary.

So if you have a testimony post away.

You could also go to my some what of a site to read testimonies:
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=lazarus1719

Suppose I'll start.

Cursed and Kissed

When I go out to the highways and the byways to preach the gospel I receive many different reactions to the same message. On one occasion I was both kissed and cursed. I had heard that there was a public square in the city of Waterbury that I had never preached in before so I hopped on the bus alone and went to find it.

When I arrived there I prayed and then set up my easel, and displays. I had gathered a nice sized crowd of mostly young people my age very quickly. One girl after listening to the message for about five minutes had to leave. She came up to me and extended her hand as if she wanted to shake mine. When I extended my hand she took it and kissed it. She then looked at me and said “Good luck”.

A short time later in the same spot a man wearing a suit was getting so angry at me, he looked like fire would come out of his ears. He was with a friend who had been threatening me earlier. The nicely dressed man was yelling at me and falsely accusing me of all types of things. He then could take it no longer so he walked away in rage. A few minutes later I noticed him in the corner of my eye. He had come back to listen more. God must had done something in his heart because when I said to the crowd “Jesus said ‘unless you are born again you will by no means see the Kingdom of God” he looked stunned and then looked to the crowd and said “yea, that’s true. I’ve read that.” It was as if a light when off in his head and he understood what I was saying. Afterwards he came up to me, shook my hand and said “As a man I apologize for earlier.” He then spoke with me and told me how he is going to change his life. He turned to his friend, the one who also threatened me earlier, and told him how he’s going to get his life right.

The lesson to be learned is that we must “speak to them and tell them, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ whether they hear, or whether they refuse” and let God do the rest. No matter if we’re in season or out of season let’s share the gospel.

2004/4/12 1:38Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Witnessing Testimonies FOR encouragement

The Lord has blessed me with several opportunities recently to speak with Roman Catholics and Mormons.

In the past, in zeal without knowledge, when speaking with such people I would immediately go for the attack on the church or organization. I found that this tactic usually was fruitless and only succeded in raising up a barrier between us.

More recently, instead of trying to compare churches I instead seek to compare Saviors. The Roman Catholics and Mormons (among many others) claim they have a savior and his name is Jesus but they blaspheme His name because in effect what they believe is that His perfect and infinite work is not enough for salvation, that man must add his "works" to the mix. For every work they present that we must "do" to be saved, I present from Scripture the work of Christ that has been "done".

By doing this I am emphasizing salvation by grace alone through faith alone. In the course of recent conversations I find it amazing that the following objection is inevitably raised, it comes from Roman Catholic, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, you name it. And the objection is this, "if salvation is through faith in Jesus alone what about the guy in the jungle who has never heard of Him?" This objection insinuates that this poor jungle guy isn't getting a fair shake and God just wouldn't do that, instead if he lives a decent life God will forgive him or something to that effect.

This is seemingly a valid objection and I have struggled with it some but I will offer here how I proceed and I would love to hear how others handle this objection. I'm sure that if I am hearing this objection so often that you must also be hearing it.

I immediately read out the following from Scripture;

[i]For there is no respect of persons with God. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.[/i](Romans 2:11-16)

I proceed to explain that this Scripture shows us that all men must walk in the light of the truth they are given, in the light of their consciences and the testimony of nature around them. I firmly believe that if a man does this then God will move heaven and earth to bring the gospel to one person in the remotest place on earth or that even Jesus will supernaturally manifest Himself to that person if needs be. Then I bring them back to the previous path of our conversation by reminding them that we here in this country do have the full testimony of Christ and that to whom much is given much will be required.

I know this impacted one young Mormon missionary who was in my home recently, I could tell by his face that he was convicted of truth. Unfortunately I didn't see this in the other young man that was with him. We spoke a bit more and I said a prayer and they left. But I continue to pray for them both, may God rain upon the seeds planted.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/4/12 13:09Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

Good stuff good stuff!

quote "In the past, in zeal without knowledge, when speaking with such people I would immediately go for the attack on the church or organization."

Oh Lord knows that I've been guilty of "zeal without knowledge". I've had such a zeal to witness and share the faith yet have absolutely no idea how to biblicaly do that. God myself into a lot of trouble.

I agree that we need to stick to the main gospel message. So many different rabit trails are out there and they all lead farther and farther away from our original point. I grew up in the Catholic church and noone had to tell me the catholic church was unbiblical, I starting reading the bible for myself and realized that. Instead CHristians just shared the gospel like Eph 2:8-9 which is a life changing verse for a catholic.

Will a man go to hell just because he hasn't heard of Jesus?

Evidence bible pg 1455 Questions and objections
Will people who have never heard the gospel all go to hell because they haven't heard about Jesus Christ? No one will go to hell because they haven't heard of Jesus Christ. The heathen will go to hell for murder, rape, adultery, lust, theft, lying, etc Sin is not failing to hear the gospel. Father, sin is the transgression of the Law (1 John 3:4). If we really care about the lost, we will become missionarires and take the good news of God's forgiveness in Christ to them."

Paris Reidhead said something along the same lines in his sermon "Ten Shekels and a Shirt"
Off the top of my head I think he said "The heathen are lost. And their going to go to hell, not because they haven't heard the gospel, but because they are sinners who love their sin. and because they deserve hell."

2004/4/12 18:43Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

I am a 3 year old Christian, and didn't know how to really share the gospel until I heard how to use sin, God's righteous judgment for punishment of sin in hell, and need for repentance, then telling of the cross and Jesus' offer of forgiveness and everlasting life. Since I've recently learned how to explain the need for punishment of sin and repentance towards God with Jesus' righteousness, I've had the confidence to witness.

My most major witnessing encounter with much prayer was to my own husband, who I haven't seen in 3 years, and the last time I saw him, he choked me and threatened to kill me and tried to wreck my car. My ex-brother-in-law told me my husband was in prison for failing to register as a sex offender. I know my husband is also suicidal and full of demons, so I took this humbling opportunity to send him and his family (never been to church in their life), I sent them Bibles and tracts, and letters explaining God's justice and offer of forgiveness if they turn to Him wholeheartedly (before death siezes upon them). Since my ex-mother-in-law probably wouldn't care much about this, I threw in a little money to soften her heart and get their full attention (whatever it takes for them to give some thought to their eternal salvation).

I pray a seed is planted in those precious people who so desperately need God's forgiveness. Writing letters to lost family members and loved ones is how God's been using me to share the Gospel so far (and they are like 10 page letters, too).

This is the work of God, He has allowed me the privilege of spreading the Gospel and this was the hardest witnessing experience for me so far (and it was just a package through the mail). Seeds are being planted elsewhere, too, but this was the one that took a lot of prayer for me. I hope this encourages someone else to love an enemy, too.

2004/4/15 3:22Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
This is the work of God, He has allowed me the privilege of spreading the Gospel and this was the hardest witnessing experience for me so far (and it was just a package through the mail). Seeds are being planted elsewhere, too, but this was the one that took a lot of prayer for me. I hope this encourages someone else to love an enemy, too.

Thank you for sharing this, it is an encouragement indeed. May those seeds be watered and the Lord provide the growth to His eternal glory!

In Christ,

Ron

2004/4/15 11:54Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

Dealing with a drug dealer

Have you ever wondered how many lives drug dealers ruin? It’s unbelievable how many people just one drug dealer can effect. I know because I used to sell drugs. While speaking on the N.H. Green a lady in the crowd was listening to me. I found out she was the dealer for the area.

Towards the end of my preaching there were tears in her eyes and she said “I’m going to hell.” I turned to her and said “But you don’t have to. Jesus Christ died for you.” I gave her a bible and left the rest up to God. I didn’t see her for a few weeks which was a good sign since she was only there to sell drugs.

When I did see her again she was waiting for the bus and she told me how she had stopped drug dealing and is staying clean. She showed me the bible she had with her and told me how she faithfully goes to church now. She told me that she has been teaching her children about God and how to pray. Apparently her children were taken away from her because she was not a good parent. Well her dramatic change is getting her children back!

She used to spread Satan’s filth but now she is spreading God’s righteousness. I can only imagine all the lives that this one lady is going to be able to touch and change in return. Glory to God

2004/4/15 12:41Profile
5nva

Re:

Greetings to all of my brothers and sisters in Christ:

This is a testimony and a prayer request. I would like to ask all of you to pray for a friend of mine. His name is Creed Collins.

First let me share a what has happened and then you will know what to pray. Also
you may also pass this on to other brothers and sister in Christ who will pray for him.

Creed was my best friend when I was in the Navy 18 years ago. After we got out of the
Navy Creed and I rarely saw each other or spoke to one another. We both lived in VA
but a couple of hours away from each other. We moved to IL in January 1997. I spoke
to Creed once on the phone while I lived in IL and that was about five years ago. He
called me for no apparent reason and we talked for a bit. I shared with him my testimony
of becoming a Christian and how Jesus Christ changed my life. I wanted so much for
Creed to be saved then on the phone but he wasn't.

This morning at 5:30 am my wife and I were awakened by a phone call. Cheri answered
and it was Creed. He told her he was having hard times and wanted to talk to me. I was
very surprised when Cheri told me. Creed shared with me that his wife told him she does
not love him anymore and wants to divorce him. He was very upset and said he does not
want this. He confessed with tears to me that he new he has lived a life of sin and that he
has not treated his wife good. He told me he called me because he knew I had become a
Christian and that he wanted to be saved and he asked me how to do that. I explained to
him what it meant to be a Christian and that he can't just come to God because things are
tough and then go back to his old ways after God helps him. He understood that he needed
to confess and repent of his sins and that God is holy and just that He is worthy for him to
surrender and server Him with all of his heart and life. I prayed with him on the phone and
then led him in a prayer of salvation. I am not real crazy about leading someone in a prayer
to be saved but Creed told me he just didn't know how to pray and asked me to lead him in
a prayer. He confessed his sins and asked Jesus Christ to forgive him, cleanse him, come
into his heart and change his life. He told me he did not want to go back to his old ways and
that he was going to follow the Lord the rest of his life.

Creed lives about an hour from me now since we have moved back to VA. We are planning
on getting together this weekend. He wants to talk about the Lord and ask questions. I also
told him I would give him some tapes and videos to listen and watch. Most importantly I told
him to read the word of God and pray and seek the Lord as much as he could. Creed seemed
to be very broken and contrite in heart when I talked to him.

There are many more details but that is the basically what happened. Please pray for Creed,
that the Lord would grant him a good and honest heart, that he would bear fruit to God's glory.
Pray that the Lord would root and ground him in truth and keep him from what is false. Pray
that he would be humble toward his wife and love her as Christ loved the church regardless of
how she responds to him. Pray for his wife Dana, that she would surrender to Christ. Pray that
God would heal their marriage and that would both follow the Lord all of their lives. Pray that
God would mold and make Creed into a man of God, conforming him to the image of Jesus Christ.

I rejoice in the Lord for that phone call and thank Him for His sovereign hand, that almost 20 years
after meeting Creed in the Navy God has brought our paths together again for His glory. I believe
that God ordained all of this and is at work in Creeds heart. Praise Jesus Christ for His goodness,
faithfulness, love, patience, mercy and grace.

Thank you and God bless,

Mike

2004/4/16 8:22Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: creed and dana

Praise God Mike! Thank you for sharing this, isn't it amazing how God's providence puts us right where we need to be right when He wants us to be there!

Lord, I come before you in agreement with my brother Mike that Creed would grow quickly in grace and knowledge, Holy Spirit work your grace in and through him so that his wife and those around him may see Your mighty works and know you are Lord!

Rejoicing with Mike,

Ron

2004/4/16 11:30Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Mike, this is wonderful. What a blessing. I pray that the Lord will work through you!

In Him, Chanin

2004/4/16 11:37Profile
rocklife

usa

Re:

Here's a letter I made for people in the Bible belt. So many here in Texas are unregenerate (not-born again) occasional churchgoers, and this letter has been sent to a several newspaper writers who say things like, "Send me an e-mail, I need e-mails." So, I sent them this e-mail. You're welcome to copy it if you'd like-please take my name out of it, if you're going to use it as your own . Maybe it'll give someone else ideas, so far as it's agreeable to God's will, for Christ's sake. Glory to God!!!

[size=large]Would you sell an eye for a Million dollars?[/size]Seriously, if it would be replaced with a glass eye that looks the same as the other one, it just wouldn't LOOK the same as the other, would you sell an eye?

What about both your eyes for 50 million dollars?

50 million, how about 100 billion dollars? Then you could see the world! No, you wouldn't, you couldn't see anything. Nobody in their right mind would sell their eyes for any amount of money, because our eyes are precious to us. Our eyes are so precious, shouldn't our soul that looks through those eyes be considered even more valuable?

There were an estimated 200,000 unsolved murders in the U.S. in one 10 year period. That means thousands of murderers have not been brought to justice. They committed the perfect crime. A woman is raped, beaten, strangled, stabbed 30 times, and tossed on the side of the road. Doesn't that murderer deserve to be punished? Of course. God sees all that's happening. The Bible says He is going to judge this world in righteousness, and God is a good judge. He will not let murderers and rapists go free. If He did, He would be a bad judge. Well, not just murderers and rapists, but also adulterers, thieves, liars, blasphemers, idolaters will also be punished according to their conscience. Every time we do something we know is wrong, our God-given conscience tells us it is wrong. One day, we will be required to give an account of ourselves before a Holy and Just God. "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27).

Just think of the sun for a minute. You can't even look at the sun for 5 minutes without being blinded. How awesome the Creator who made the sun must be!!!

To know specifically what the standard of righteousness is, look at the 10 commandments. Those are the standards of God's righteousness. God's law is perfect, and requires perfection to get to heaven. No one is perfect, we've all the broken the 10 commandments as children. The 1st and greatest commandment is have no other gods before Me. Who has put God first all the time everyday? No one.

"The cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars-their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur" Rev 21:8. Well, the bad news is, if you get what you deserve, you're going to perish in hell.

I'm sure you have heard what God did for you. Jesus suffered, was bruised for our iniquity, and was crucified. He was the only one who has kept God's law perfectly in thought, word, and deed. And He conquered our greatest fear: death. He proved His claims by rising from the dead. He offers FORGIVENESS of sin and EVERLASTING LIFE for those who put their trust in Him. We broke God's law, and Jesus paid our fine. God showed His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Jesus died for us. People's sins deserve death. That is God's judgment: the soul that sins, it shall die.

Our unbelief will not change reality. If you're about to get run over by a truck on the freeway, but you don't believe in trucks, that will not change the fact that you'll get creamed. Whether you believe in Judgment Day or not, it's coming. "Each of us will give an account of himself to God" (Romans 14:12).

Jesus is the only acceptable sacrifice, He is the only way to God. His righteousness is the only thing that God offers for sinners to live forever in heaven after death.

How can you partake in His forgiveness? The only way is by believing He died for your sins, repenting: confess your sins to God and forsake them (stop sinning), and obey His commands. "We know that we have to come to know Him if we obey His commands. The man who says, 'I know Him,' but does not do what He commands is a liar and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys His word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in Him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did." (1 John 2:3-6). A lot of people who go to church will not be going to heaven, they don't obey Jesus commands. God loves those who love Him, and He is faithful.

Please consider the salvation of your soul. What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul?

Take time out for God, seek Him with your whole heart. It's worth a shot, either the Bible and God is not true, or it is. If it is, there is a lot at stake: your soul perishing in hell. No Christian likes saying that, but it's the truth. God doesn't want you to go there either, that's why He made a way for us to be forgiven.

This isn't about church, so many church leaders aren't even obedient Christians, they lie, they commit adultery, they molest children, THOSE PEOPLE AREN'T CHRISTIANS. They are pretenders. Find out for yourself about the Bible, don't take my word, take God's Word, read and obey the Bible for yourself.

Thank you for reading this, my name is Jina, I just wanted to share with you about the Word of God. I am a Christian of 3 years, a true student of the Bible. I don't listen to preachers or televangelists for entertainment, I try to obey the Bible as much as I can. God has changed me, and keeps changing me, and Jesus says, "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them, and teaching them to OBEY everything I've commanded." (Matt 28:19-20 paraphrase).

Please read the New Testament, turn to God with your whole heart, He sees everything. Unless you repent, you will perish on the Day of Judgment. Look up the Scripture references I have made, and look up 2 Peter 3, and read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and Revelation. They all talk about Judgment.

Christians haven't been doing a good job in the last century of accurately telling people about God. Please don't let that stop you from seeking God yourself. God bless you, again thank you for reading this.

2004/4/17 16:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy