SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hello from Texas!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rednecktex7

Hello from Texas!

I am a window cleaner from Fort Worth, hence the name redneck. I really appreciate the site for not having to spend big money on ebay for sermons. It is good to see others out there wanting to go deeper with God in relationship with him and compassion for others.

I was raised in a Bible church with pastors from Dallas Theo Seminary and was usually bored with church. I first stepped on this path with Tozer and John E Hunter.(limiting God). When I totally commited to Christ at 20, my thought process was life was going to be happy,happy,joy,joy! I didn't realize that is when the purification process starts!

I happened on a biography book by J.C.Ryle of past saints, which made me hungry to know the lives of true christian leaders, warts and all.
I have also been greatly influenced,(besides Moody and Spurgeon), by Sam Jones, Finney, Truett, Samuel Shoemaker, Ravenhill, Torrey,and Ironside.

I am still trying to come to grips with the Pentecostal. Being challenged by the writings of Gordon Lindsay, John G Lake,Maria Woodworth Etter, Charles Price,and Smith Wigglesworth. I am not doubting them, but I haven't seen the great miracles today. I have been seeking God for almost the last 20 years and wonder why the second chapter of Acts isn't happening here. But God is God and I can't force His hand.

Current preachers I read are Chuck Smith, John Bevere and Cymbala. I hope to learn more about current preachers and writers.

Thanks for this site Greg

Ike

2007/5/28 10:08Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Hello from Texas!

Welcome brother!

Quote:
Being challenged by ...

You are in like company and likely to find many wonderful challenges here. Let us know if we can be of any assistance navigating the site.

2007/5/28 10:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I happened on a biography book by J.C.Ryle of past saints, which made me hungry to know the lives of true christian leaders, warts and all.
I have also been greatly influenced,(besides Moody and Spurgeon), by Sam Jones, Finney, Truett, Samuel Shoemaker, Ravenhill, Torrey,and Ironside.

Great to have you registered on the website. May the Lord bless you and enourage you as you seek more of Him. If you haven't yet do listen to these life-changing messages:

[b]Reality in the Christian Life by Zac Poonen[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4272

[b]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282

[b]An Interview with Leonard Ravenhill (video) by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702

[b]Judgment Seat of Christ by Leonard Ravenhill[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=235

2007/5/28 14:15Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Hey Ike!

At least you are one of those that don't say, "I don't do windows!"

And that give you a profession all your own.

Do you do the skyscrapers, and all that?

Anyway, would also like to recommend to you Oswald Chambers and Devern Fromke - Fromke is not on this site yet, but that's because they would be expensive, and Greg needs to keep his costs down.

They're great for their intense walk in God, with no holds barred.

But to be frank, there is no end to the riches here, not only in sermons and articles, but in the people.

Enjoy.

Forrest

2007/5/31 21:19Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Devern Fromke

Quote:
Anyway, would also like to recommend to you Oswald Chambers and Devern Fromke - Fromke is not on this site yet, but that's because they would be expensive, and Greg needs to keep his costs down.

Actually, [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?op=&cid=129] Devern Fromke[/url] is represented here and highly recommended. Not sure what you mean here about 'costs' or expense in relation to the messages...

2007/5/31 23:33Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Sorry, Mike - I though you had to pay for the copyrights!!!! Or that they were expensive. or both!!!

That will keep me from making assumptions!

My apologies.

But I looked for Fromke, and missed him...Bought the books instead.

Great stuff! And I am glad that SI can get everything, however you do it.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/6/4 5:43Profile

Welcome to SI> Hey neighbor, I live in Arkansas. I was raised in a pentecostal home. After leaving home I had very little interest in God things or His Word even though I still remember being under conviction in many services as a child in church. Just did not know what to do or understand. I have quit checking out a speaker to see what his denomination is. I just weigh what he writes or what he says against the Word of God. Since I have started doing that I have grown. I have used these scriptures below to guide me.

1 Peter 3:15-17
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
KJV

2 Tim 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
KJV

2007/7/9 12:21

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy