SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Imputed Righteousness?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Lets start from the opposite. Romans 4:8-9 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

Reckoned is the same word as imputed. Strong's Greek Dictionary
3049. logizomai
Search for G3049 in KJVSL
logizomai logizomai log-id'-zom-ahee
middle voice from 3056; to take an inventory, i.e. estimate (literally or figuratively):--conclude, (ac-)count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on).
Impute: Same; Strong's Greek Dictionary
3049. logizomai
Search for G3049 in KJVSL
logizomai logizomai log-id'-zom-ahee
middle voice from 3056; to take an inventory, i.e. estimate (literally or figuratively):--conclude, (ac-)count (of), + despise, esteem, impute, lay, number, reason, reckon, suppose, think (on)

God is the one that is doing the imputing of sin and also God is the one that is imputing faith for righteousness sake. He is not imputing faith because of us, He is imputing faith because of the Faith of Christ. When that faith came by the birthing of Christ in us, we now have imputed faith by God. He makes the faith of Christ our faith. When God looks at us He sees Jesus Christ and we are imputed faith unto righteousness sake by His Grace. So both Faith and Righteousness are by God's Grace because of Christ that is Born Again in us by the Spirit and Water, That is the Spirit of Christ and the Living Water of Christ's Righteousness flowing from our inward parts, which is Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

Imputation is what God does when He see's a Born Again Christian, that is a person with Christ in him and him in Christ, how else could we be righteous?

In Christ and righteous by imputation of faith and righteousness that is Christ: Phillip

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

2007/5/26 21:01Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

A link to many articles regarding this topic

[url=http://www.monergism.com/directory/link_category/Justification/Imputation-of-Christs-Righteousness/]Imputation of Christ's Righteousness[/url]

2007/5/26 21:16Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
I like that!

Me too, I was really struck by Mr. Begg's analogy. When you understand imputed righteousness and justification by faith, it brings tremendous liberty because you can confidently go on serving and honoring God without constantly worrying whether you're doing it adequately or not.

Also, here is the entry from Torrey's Topical Textbook on Imputed Righteousness, it makes for a great Bible study...

[b]Righteousness Imputed[/b]

Predicted
Isa_56:1; Eze_16:14;

Revealed in the gospel
Rom_1:17;

Is of the Lord
Isa_54:17;

DESCRIBED AS
The righteousness of faith
Rom_4:13; Rom_9:30; Rom_10:6;

The righteousness of God, without the law
Rom_3:21;

The righteousness of God by faith in Christ
Rom_3:22;

Christ being made righteousness to us
1Co_1:30;

Our being made the righteousness of God, in Christ
2Co_5:21;

Christ is the end of the law for
Rom_10:4;

Christ called THE LORD OF OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
Jer_23:6;

Christ brings in an everlasting righteousness
Dan_9:24;

Is a free gift
Rom_5:17;

God's righteousness never to be abolished
Isa_5:16;

The promises made through
Rom_4:13;

SAINTS
Have, on believing
Rom_4:5; Rom_4:11; Rom_4:24;

Clothed with the robe of righteousness
Isa_61:10;

Exalted in righteousness
Psa_89:16;

Desire to be found in
Phi_3:9;

Glory in having
Isa_45:24; Isa_45:25;

Exhortation to seek righteousness
Mat_6:33;

The Gentiles attained to
Rom_9:30;

Blessedness of those who have
Rom_4:6;

THE JEWS
Ignorant of
Rom_10:3;

Stumble at righteousness by faith
Rom_9:32;

Submit not to
Rom_10:3;

Exemplified
Abraham
Rom_4:9; Rom_4:22; Gal_3:6;

Paul
Phi_3:7-9;

2007/5/26 23:40Profile

Re:

Just curious as to what scriptures teach that Christ's righteousness is imputed to us?

I know the scripture says that our own faith is imputed to us as righteousness.

And I know that because of Christ's atonement, all of the world can be forgiven of their past sins if they meet the conditions of repentance and faith; but where is the "imputed righteousness of Christ" doctrine derived from?

2007/5/27 16:13
Logic

Re:

Quote:
InTheLight wrote:
To be justified freely by grace is [b]not to be [u]made[/u] righteous[/b] but to be declared righteous...

In fact it is both made and declared righteous.

Rom 5:19 [color=990000]For as by one man's disobedience[/color][in like manner of disobedience] [color=990000]many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one[/color] [in like manner of disobedience] [color=990000]shall many be [b]made righteous[/b].[/color]

2007/5/27 17:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If I am righteous because of what I do, then Christ is wrong. If I am unrighteous because of what I do then Christ is right. Then His atonement is perfect and the Father is merciful and what He did with His Son on the Cross is perfect. But if we say we must repent to get to the righteousness of Christ on the Cross and His atonement for all that believe and even for all that don't believe, then we are making Christ's work on the Cross Void.

When I am wrong and sin, that is when the atonement takes over and the Holy Spirit reveals all unrighteousness in all that we do wrong and sinful. So it is "not I who do it but the Christ that dwelleth in me", that makes me perfect before the Father.

AS Paul says; just the opposite: Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Who is the I that "no more do it", Christ in Paul making him a "new creature in Christ Jesus."

No longer Paul, but Christ-Paul=One; Galatians 2:16-18 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

Don't take on the yoke of bondage, (law) but put on the Christ that is birthed in us. Galatians 2:20-21 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

If we say that because of that person's sin they are suffering, we are back under the Law, and we are free from the Law in Christ Jesus. If we say God has blessed that person because of what they have done right, we are back under the Law also. We must see that is not what we do but what Christ has done and is doing in the life of the believer.

1Cr 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Gal 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; (or repent and keep the Law) only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.

Phl 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, [that they are] the enemies of the cross of Christ

"For many walk" repent and be baptized and you will be righteous be fore God. Wrong! Then the Cross is of none effect to the repentant and baptized. "Believe and thou shall be saved, PERIOD... Then the cross of Christ is of sufficiency to save to the utmost and "there is not no condemnation in Christ Jesus."

Galatians 5:1-4 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

But in Grace and In Christ there is now no condemnation.

Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Without the Spirit of Christ we are none of His.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We are free from the Law of sin and death, and if we bring repentance and baptism back into our righteousness we are deceiving ourselves.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

If I do commit sin in the flesh, it cannot remain.

1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth Him that begat loveth Him also that is begotten of Him.

1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Repentance a baptism and any of the law keep us from the freedom God has provided in Christ Jesus and make us debtors to the Law all over again.

Who has set us free? Even in my sin which cannot stay when the believer is in Christ, even in our adultry we won't stay because of the death of Christ on the Cross and by the adultry we will become the righteousness of God by our seeing the righteousness of Christ and then we can repent and change our direction to the life of Christ that is in us. Not to make me righteous before God, because We are Still Son's of God. My sin does not loose my son-ship, because it is not up to me, and as the prodigal son I will come back to the Father by His waiting and pulling me back to where I belong, in the Father's House, with all He has provided me in Christ and a fellow heir of the only Begotten Son, by my believing He is.

My son is in prison, but he is still my son and now he knows it without a doubt by my forgiveness and fathership and he has returned to the owner of his soul and spirit also. He knows I am his Father in the Flesh and By Jesus Christ His Father in Heaven is still the owner of all that He is, provided by the Cross in Christ Jesus. He is not a foxhole prison conversion, for he must serve all of his sentence, but praise God he is serving it with his flesh father loving and accepting and his heavenly Father forgiving and Loving and Accepting him by the Son that is birthed in him.

I would send all my son's and daughter's to prison for this outcome. Praise God.

In Christ Jesus: Phillip

2007/5/27 17:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy