SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Works'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi chief,
You said,

Quote:
The power of God is the gospel. The fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peacelongsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, speaking in tongues, healing, casting out demons, slaying in the spirit, an emotional high. Oh....sorry about that. You get what I'm saying.

You make light of the commands of our Lord Jesus Christ and this is inexcusable.
Yes, we are saved by
Ephes. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This does not excuse us from the commands of Jesus Christ. The ‘Fruit of the Spirit’ is the motivation for the operation of the ‘Gifts of the Spirit’ and if I were you I would not make light of either one. If these are missing in your life then you do not believe, or your belief is the same as the demons in James 2.

Jesus makes this abundantly clear in:

John 15:1-6
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. [2] Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. [3] Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. [4] Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. [5] I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. [6] If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If you do not bear fruit you are cast forth and burned. You do not stay in the vine and not bear fruit.

This is a major problem in the Church today; people being told just believe and you will be saved without the witness of the Spirit bearing witness with there spirit that they are and with no fruit seen or expected in their life.

Yes, Jesus means it when he says,
John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

To say this does not apply to us is to say we do not need to follow this command:
John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. [35] By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

So why do we follow the commands of Jesus Christ? Because He is in us and we are in Him and that all men shall know that we are His disciples.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/5/25 19:39Profile

Re:

Pastorfrin,

These fruits of the Spirit are more powerful than any miracles or wonders that can be performed. These fruits have the power to touch people. They don't seem too powerful, but when their done out of a pure heart, and a good conscience they have a trnasforming effect on people. They turn frowns into smiles. They lift burdens off people. They make tears disappear. They produce faith, hope, and love. These are truly spiritual things, but you can't see them.

2007/5/25 22:59
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi chief,

You said:

Quote:
These are truly spiritual things, but you can't see them.

It is strange that you would say such a thing since I have already stated the importance of the ‘Fruit of the Spirit’ and am currently teaching a series on the ‘Fruit of the Spirit’. Every operation of the Holy Spirit in the believer comes through the ‘Fruit of the Spirit’. These are attributes of our Lord and if we are in Christ and Christ in us this fruit will be evident in our lives; so yes I clearly understand the importance of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance.

I believe you are only willing to receive part of what the Lord has for you and if you are comfortable with that then so be it; as for me and my house we will accept all the Lord has given and depend on His wisdom for their operation through us.
Proverbs 16:3
Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Rather we like it or not Jesus will reward every man according to his works and will answer the prayers of those believers who stand before Him with a clean heart because they keep His commandments and do those things which are pleasing in His sight.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

James 2:14-26
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? [15] If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, [16] And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? [17] Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. [18] Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. [19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. [20] But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? [21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? [22] Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? [23] And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. [24] Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. [25] Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? [26] For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

1 John 3:18-22
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. [19] And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. [20] For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. [21] Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. [22] And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

“He shall reward every man according to his works.”

“For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead”

“Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.”

“Commit thy works unto the Lord and thy thoughts shall be established.”

1 John 2:3-4
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Blessings to you in your walk with our Lord:

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/5/26 10:30Profile

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Hi chief,

You said:

Quote:
These are truly spiritual things, but you can't see them.

It is strange that you would say such a thing since I have already stated the importance of the ‘Fruit of the Spirit’ and am currently teaching a series on the ‘Fruit of the Spirit’. Every operation of the Holy Spirit in the believer comes through the ‘Fruit of the Spirit’. These are attributes of our Lord and if we are in Christ and Christ in us this fruit will be evident in our lives; so yes I clearly understand the importance of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance.

I believe you are only willing to receive part of what the Lord has for you and if you are comfortable with that then so be it; as for me and my house we will accept all the Lord has given and depend on His wisdom for their operation through us.
Proverbs 16:3
Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Rather we like it or not Jesus will reward every man according to his works and will answer the prayers of those believers who stand before Him with a clean heart because they keep His commandments and do those things which are pleasing in His sight.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

James 2:14-26
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? [15] If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, [16] And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? [17] Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. [18] Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. [19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. [20] But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? [21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? [22] Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? [23] And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. [24] Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. [25] Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? [26] For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

1 John 3:18-22
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. [19] And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. [20] For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. [21] Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. [22] And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

“He shall reward every man according to his works.”

“For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead”

“Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.”

“Commit thy works unto the Lord and thy thoughts shall be established.”

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Blessings to you in your walk with our Lord:

In His Love
pastorfrin

I meant they are not visual to the eye. They are spiritual things. That's why the carnal man can't see them, because their not visual.

The bible does'nt say they are the MOTIVATION of anything. The bible says they are the fruits, the product of the Spirit. The Spirit produces these things.

Heres a little clue. Anything that produces fear, doubt, confussion, instability, paranoia, sorrow, depression, anxiety, crazy emotion is NOT of the Spirit.

If a whole cogregation of people suddenly have fear come upon them, you can count on it, that that is NOT the Spirit, that is the spirit of the antichrist..

2007/5/26 13:06

Re:

Quote:

Anything that produces [b]fear[/b], doubt, confussion, instability, paranoia, sorrow, depression, anxiety, crazy emotion is NOT of the Spirit.

(emphasis mine).

Can fear not be a good thing?

2007/5/26 13:12
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi chief,

you said:

Quote:
I meant they are not visual to the eye. They are spiritual things. That's why the carnal man can't see them, because their not visual.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

John 10:32
Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

Acts 9:36
Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.

Romans 13:3
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Ephes. 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 Tim. 2:10
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

1 Tim. 5:10
Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

1 Tim. 5:25
Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

1 Tim. 6:18
That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

2 Tim. 3:17
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Titus 2:7
In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Titus 3:8
This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Titus 3:14
And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.

Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

1 Peter 2:12
Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Now these sound very visual to me, in fact these good works are to be a witness unto the carnal man.
The 'Fruit of the Spirit' is manfested in good works and is what causes the 'Gifts of the Spirit' to operate in love.

Quote:
If a whole cogregation of people suddenly have fear come upon them, you can count on it, that that is NOT the Spirit, that is the spirit of the antichrist..

Have you never heard the sermon 'Sinners in the Hands of an angry God' by Johnathan Edwards
seems fear came upon an entire congregation.
The fear of God is necessary along with being poor in spirit, and sorrow, mourning over our
past sins leads to and is necessary for repentance.
This is all plain in the whole counsel of God's
Word.
In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/5/26 15:47Profile

Re:

IJohn 4:18 There is NO fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath TORMENT. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Pastorfrin, most of these passages of scripture were addressed to either Timothy or Titus, these were ministers. These letters were written to ministers. James was written to the twelve tribes. It's very important that we "rightfully devide the Word of truth."

Tabitha was a DISCIPLE. You can be a believer and NOT a disciple.

The verse you used out of Romans was talking about our rulers and their ability to punish evil.

The verse you used in Ephesians, in this case, hangs on the word SHOULD.

Theres no requirement to do good works, we SHOULD do good works, but it doesn'nt have anything to do with our salvation.

2007/5/26 17:25
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi chief,

You said:

Quote:
Theres no requirement to do good works, we SHOULD do good works, but it doesn'nt have anything to do with our salvation.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/5/26 22:24Profile

Re:

Quote:

pastorfrin wrote:
Hi chief,

You said:

Quote:

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

In His Love
pastorfrin

Ahh..another James scripture. Well, here goes. Short as I can put it. If there are no works, than your faith is dead. How do we create more faith? We do good works, it strengthens our faith. As for Ist John, Well,.... I'll just point it back at you. Pastorfrin,....Have you,... .......sir,..... kept all the commandments?

2007/5/26 23:12
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi chief,

You said:

Quote:
Ahh..another James scripture. Well, here goes. Short as I can put it. If there are no works, than your faith is dead. How do we create more faith? We do good works, it strengthens our faith. As for Ist John, Well,.... I'll just point it back at you. Pastorfrin,....Have you,... .......sir,..... kept all the commandments?

God’s Word is God’s Word and it does not change because one does not agree with one book or one verse it still remains God’s Word. It would seem you base your doctrine on what you see and not what God says, so far you have made excuses for the Gospels, Acts, Tim., Titus, James and 1John. As far as the commandments of Jesus Christ, if I have broken all of them it does not change the Word of God.
If Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior then your life will be dedicated to doing those things that are pleasing in HIS sight.

1 John 3:18-24
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. [19] And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. [20] For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. [21] Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. [22] And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. [23] And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. [24] And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Why, because HIS WORD says so and HIS WORD is final.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/5/27 0:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy