Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Sent

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Sent

"...how shall they preach, except they be sent?" -Romans 10:15

"He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him." - John 7:18

"...he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him." - John 3:34

"...who hath stood in the counsel of the LORD, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?" - Jeremiah 23:18

"Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD." - Jeremiah 23:32

2007/5/25 11:57Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Sent

Hi brother,

This is certainly one of many ponderings ... knowing the general 'commision' to [i]go[/i] there is also many, [i]yet I sent them not[/i]

'[i]some[/i] ... evangelists ...'

"Pray therefore that the Lord of the harvest will [b]send[/b] out laborers into his harvest"

Perhaps of these that you have presented;

" ... God hath sent speaketh"

"Whom"

[i]... hath stood in the counsel of the LORD[/i]

2007/5/25 15:39Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: speaking of...

Brother Mike, How are you? I hope you are well.

"This is certainly one of many ponderings ... knowing the general 'commision' to go there is also many, yet I sent them not"

There has been something of this in my mind in considering what it means to [b]speak of yourself[/b], such as in John 7:18. Probably the more obvious application is in the sense of talking [b]about yourself[/b], perhaps as in 2Cor 10:18. But also perhaps it has the sense of speaking, out of our own will, authority...unctioning.

I was watching a bit of the film version of The Gospel of John recently and I was struck in one instance where it appeared as though the Lord did not at all answer what was said. I do not know if that was from the scripture or not but I think also of where He said

[b][color=660033]I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.[/color][/b]

Peace and grace to you,

Chris

2007/5/26 11:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy