SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Lightness, a vision of their own heart, and another gospel.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Lightness, a vision of their own heart, and another gospel.

"Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD." -Jeremiah 23:32

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD." -Jeremiah 23:16

[i]...and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness[/i]

[i]...they speak a vision of their own heart[/i]

The following are excerpts from the recording titled [i][b]Another Gospel[/b][/i], part of a message given by David Wilkerson:

'Satan's strong hold in the church in the last days is a host of teachers and ministers who've been transformed by a gospel of the flesh. They have come to us as the Lord's most enlightened ministers, they sound just like the preachers of the Gospel, they freely use the name of Jesus, they speak of righteousness, they use the scriptures, they cast out devils, they heal the sick in the Lord's name - they do many wonderfull works. But the message is not of God.

It's another gospel. It's a deception. It's of the flesh and not of the Spirit. And right now these false doctrines of Satan are prevailing in the church in many areas. Multitudes of God's people are flocking to conventions and meetings to hear this other gospel, this gospel of self, and prosperity, and success. The gospel of the flesh is riding high in the church."

"The Scripture proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Satan's new plot, his new gospel is: gain, is, godliness; gain... is... godliness."

"...is this the Gospel for a dying world?"

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2]Another Gospel[/url]

2007/5/25 11:45Profile

Re: Lightness, a vision of their own heart, and another gospel.

Quote:
"Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD." -Jeremiah 23:32

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD." -Jeremiah 23:16

Good scripture, but David Wilkerson's published more than a few books like "The Vision". And people have equated his "revelations" as divinely inspired for three decades.

IMHO, Wilkerson's written a few "other gospels" and has "profited" mightily from them. Being a doomsayer doesn't make one more righteous than a prosperity preacher.

It's a narrow road.

2007/5/25 13:50

Re:

Quote:
It's a narrow road.

I wonder why?

2007/5/25 14:35
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
IMHO, Wilkerson's written a few "other gospels" and has "profited" mightily from them. Being a doomsayer doesn't make one more righteous than a prosperity preacher.

Corey,

You have not read those books from my knoweldge so I think it would be wise not to judge a righteous man not meeting him, reading his books, or knowing him at all. I find it quite interesting that we all desire to see prophets and men speak with the prophetic anointing in our countries but when they come we persecute them just like the pharisees. I have had to check my heart many times with that spirit even though I propogate articles to the contrary. We need to all ensure we do not miss the time of His visatation and the voice of God speaking in our generation.

2007/5/25 15:48Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Greetings bro Greg and al In His name

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Quote:

Corey,

You have not read those books from my knoweldge so I think it would be wise not to judge a righteous man not meeting him, reading his books, or knowing him at all. I find it quite interesting that we all desire to see prophets and men speak with the prophetic anointing in our countries but when they come we persecute them just like the pharisees. I have had to check my heart many times with that spirit even though I propogate articles to the contrary. We need to all ensure we do not miss the time of His visatation and the voice of God speaking in our generation.

what you said bro Greg blessed me so.

God bless you bro

2007/5/25 21:13Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
The Vision". And people have equated his "revelations" as divinely inspired for three decades.

Unfortunately the "Vision"---the things contained in that book are just now coming to pass. I say unfortunately because if you've read the book or any of his other writtings as warnings from God than you would know that it is a true wake up call. One by one the things contained in them just keep ticking away and coming to pass. I imagine Jeremiah had his nay sayers too when the things he spoke didn't happen today, but that's not how God works because that wouldn't be a true warning and that wouldn't give anyone time to genuinely repent.

2007/5/25 23:02Profile

Re:

edit

2007/5/26 7:54
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Another Gospel

Hi everyone.

Corey, how are you?

I hope the things you said about Mr. Wilkerson are not true Corey, not that you would be false in what you said, God forbid, but because it would be sad and shameful for him and for us all.

Well brother, I do not know anything about these other books so I can not say anything myself.

That said, I do think this message that I posted the qoutes from called 'Another Gospel", I do think it is a very strong message and that it speaks very strongly and powerfully to some of the abuses of the name of God and His Gospel that are happening today.

I also think that this 23rd chapter of Jeremiah speaks so mightily to those same things as well.

Brother, I have felt the same thing, that, as you put it "Being a doomsayer doesn't make one more righteous than a prosperity preacher."

I do not think there is anything particularly righteous about shouting, or being angry, or even zealous in preaching, or for that matter using harsh words or speech, or prounouncing judgements, [b]in and of themselves[/b].

The Scripture says of the Lord Jesus in the prophets

"Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth."

Where is our power: is it in the [b]volume[/b] of our words? Or in the power and might of the Holy Spirit?

The Lord Jesus said of the Holy Spirit

[b][color=660033]And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment[/color][/b]

Someone recently recommend to me to "stay within what God gives you to say or pray for people. He is well able to do far more with the right words, than with the wrong ones."

I am weak and unable to do this on my own but may God be my help.

Our blessed Lord has said

[b][color=660033]I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.[/color][/b]

Chris

2007/5/26 10:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy