Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Andrew Strom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Corneliu

Andrew Strom

http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~revival/thunder.html

On his (this) web site Strom pushes a "new kind of revival" based on music of the Beatles type witch is rock and roll and dares anyone to say anything bad against it.

Can anyone else verify his teachings, because for anything true that comes from God, the devil will try to squeze in the false.

2004/4/10 5:12Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Andrew Strom

Quote:
On his (this) web site Strom pushes a "new kind of revival" based on music of the Beatles type witch is rock and roll and dares anyone to say anything bad against it.

I am not sure where that is coming from as it pertains to the link you supplied, which, by the way, thank you for that. I found it very edifying.

Did you read all of this?

You said :
Quote:
based on music of the Beatles

This is what he stated in the article:

[i]"It's going to be a music that [b] is new in kind, new in sound, arresting in its con-tent;[/b] it will stop traffic, and it will turn men's heads and capture their hearts, but this time it will do it for the Lord.

I know that there can be some misunderstanding with this Beatle connection, but that is how it was related to me in the dream and I later saw this principle related in the Scriptures. Psalm 68:18 reads: "You ascended on high, you led captivity captive and gave gifts to men - even among the rebellious ..." "The earth is the Lord's and all it contains" (Psalm 24:1). It all belongs to Jesus Christ... The Lord makes His sun to shine on the just and the un-just. He makes His rain to come on the wicked and the righteous. Gifts and talents are given by the Lord, even though we may use them for evil.The choir that preceded the army of Jehosaphat will once again lift up the banners and strike the chords, only this time they will turn the hearts of men to Jesus Christ and not to themselves. They won't be saying, "John, Paul, George, and Ringo," or, "l'm of Paul, I'm of Apollos, I'm an Evangelical, I'm a Baptist, I'm a Catholic, or I'm a Lutheran." This time the adoration will be to one person alone - Jesus.[/i]"

The idea is in the effects of the 'newness':

[i]"In the dreams my thoughts were, "This is new like the Beatles' music was new." When the Beatles appeared in the sixties it was a new sound and it took the world by storm. Whenever one of their songs came on, you would automatically turn it up; it had a special quality that caught your ear - it turned your head. It was the most arresting sound that our generation had ever heard. I remember looking at that sheet music in this dream and thinking
that this music was going to be just like that, with one very significant distinction - this was of Christ."[/i]

Also, no where did I see anything about "Daring to say anything bad against it".

Quote:
Can anyone else verify his teachings, because for anything true that comes from God, the devil will try to squeze in the false.

A couple of things, I don't know that characterizing the dreams/visions he has had would constitute either something he is pushing or even that of a "teaching".

I don't find anything in this article other than a man sharing his experience, what he saw in his dreams and what he believes the Lord is saying to him.

Personally, I hope he is right. This sounds perfectly in line with much of the church today (as he related the police trying to hold back those who wanted to come) and the simplicity of Jesus Christ to save:

[i]"In the name of Jesus Christ the Lord we say unto you, be saved."[/i]

Wonderful!

(Edit: The article you linked to above is from James Ryle)

But, that is not to say everything.
There are certainly a few around here that could fill in the details of this brother*. (Edit: *Andrew Strom) He is preaching a strong message of repentance and knows quite a bit about the history of revival.

If you want to get where he is coming from, I would highly recommend listening to the messages that are available here on this site. They speak for themselves.
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=239]Andrew Strom[/url]

2004/4/10 8:29Profile
sdb

tucson

Re: andrew strom

In Looking over Andrew Stroms website, I had some concerns with his "fixation" if you will in regards to Kansas City, and not to mention his prophetic utterances associated with Rick Joyner. I believe that the Lord is using him but a sense of confusion seems to permiate his work( stemming from his associations with the fringe that relates to the carnal side of the prophetic.) I will admit that I have not listened to any of his sermons yet. But when I look at a man of God I not only judge him by his words(in the Lord) I look at his associations and who and what they are involved with. The whole picture bares looking at. This is not to say that the Lord is not doing a work in him as well as in all of us. In Him Scott P.S. Does the word of God also say there is nothing new under the sun? Then why would He be delivering us this "new" kind of music? Be as wise as a serpents and gentle as doves brothers...... :-D :-D :-D :-D

2004/4/10 9:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In Looking over Andrew Stroms website, I had some concerns with his "fixation" if you will in regards to Kansas City, and not to mention his prophetic utterances associated with Rick Joyner. I believe that the Lord is using him but a sense of confusion seems to permiate his work( stemming from his associations with the fringe that relates to the carnal side of the prophetic.)

Scott thank you brother for your input. I do very much agree with you there there is 'a sense of [b]confusion[/b] seems to permiate his work' and the plain reason for that is he is heavily involved in and ministiring in the prophetic movement, which is a movement surrounded by much confusion sadly. I really feel the message and emphasis the Lord has given Andrew Strom for America as far as I can judge is right on. He is speaking a message that would be benefical for [b]all[/b] Christians to hear, and that's why I have no problem adding the message to SermonIndex and even Webcasting this brother [b]live[/b] on the site.

Andrew Strom is not perfect, and I think he would agree with me in saying he has much to grown and learn in the Lord, as do I and hopefully you. Much of Christianity is in confusion and its nice to see a brother not condemning whole groups of Christians but speaking the word of repentance to them. There is much that you can point the finger at in the Charismatic movement overall but the fact remains that this is the area of Christianity the devil is working the hardest in because he see's the potential of Christians if they stay on target with God in this movement.

I do not consider the [i]Charismatic Movement[/i] to be a [b]revival[/b] in Christianity. I think its one of the saddest stories of the Christian Church, but the story is not over. I believe the devil inflitrated this movement far before God had a chance to really move. As Andrew would say God is wanting to pour out a revival in our generation, its necessary for North America. And in revival there is not just an influx of unbelievers, [b]but[/b] the [u]believers[/u] MUST wake up first and get back to God in a powerful way before the unsaved masses come to believe. Like in the times of the Candian Revival of 1971 in Saskatoon where the Sutera brothers can through, they would preach 2 days to the Christians (getting them to repent) and then the last day would be to the unsaved. But they would not dare preach to the unsaved in an area unless the Christians were right with God.

Quote:
P.S. Does the word of God also say there is nothing new under the sun? Then why would He be delivering us this "new" kind of music? Be as wise as a serpents and gentle as doves brothers......

Well brother kindly consider this, Luther changed the hymns and he was accussed of starting something new (not of God). Wesleys hymns were never accepted in some churches, they disdained them. Salvation army songs were accused of being irreverent I am sure of that by some circles. Even some reformed Churches depise any new contemprary music in churches. It's NOT the music but the spirit behind the music. Let him who has ears understand.

2004/4/10 10:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hey Scott,

Was just over there as well. Like most things these days it is not always clear. Being that there is quite a bit of material that is older and where some of this has all now gone on to, some of the associations and so forth...
I don't know what to make of it all.

Very cautious and guarded about much
'forthtelling'...I tend more towards a rearview mirror approach, if these things are/were to come to pass we'll know after the fact or perhaps even in the middle.

I thought the article on discernment was good and wise.

But as he made mention, 'repentance, revival, prayer' can't find any arguments there. Do check out his messages if you get a chance. I think his heart comes through.

We are living in some scary times.
Been musing over the vast amounts of information avaiable to us now, it's staggering. Much of it useless, much of it man will likely use to just destroy himself and now I have just thrown my puny little opinion on top of the grand heap that is ever mounting. If 'extreme' is the byword of the day, it certainly isn't being exagerrated.

I think the world has gone completely insane...
But, maybe it's just me :-)

2 Tim 3

2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

2004/4/10 11:45Profile
prayer1warrior

Re: Andrew Strom

I must say that I was a bit alarmed when I read the linked text. It was kind of weird. I am not all that familiar with the prophetic movement, and even though throughout the entire explanation of this dream I am asking myself where is God's word in this...I was not at all put off by the conclusions reached. And I agree with the moderator that he is referring to a "new" music. I will say that I find it refreshing and very brave that they are willing to put it out there and just see what comes of it. The true prophets were contrasted with the false in that, the prophecies of the true prophet of God always came true. So, I find this very refreshing that God is moving in this way.
Concerning Brother Strom: I had never heard this man of God before but I just listened to the message entitled "Repentance" and I was powerfully moved. I haven't spent much time around this site, but I must say that I feel a very real kinship with everyone here, and this is why. I have never heard preaching like this before. And much of what I had long been taught about evangelism and "church" and suspected was wrong is being affirmed. And not in a bad way. I just feel that God is preparing His bride to be with Him. Sorry, about the verbosity and I hope that I am posting this correctly. Love, In Christ
dave and kimmy :-)

2004/4/10 12:00Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Dave!

All I can say to this is...
Amen!

There is certainly a kinship around here and glad that you are in our midst. As far as I am concerned it's 'church' in the truest sense of the word.

Don't worry about the verbosity, think I have that pretty well covered! :-D :-D :-D

Nor about 'correctly' you have expressed yourself very well. I know how difficult it is to attempt to verbalise which usually leads me to verbosity, much like I am doing now. :-D
I think I will quit while I am ahead...

2004/4/10 12:14Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Brethren,

Andrew Strom is a friend of mine who lives just a few miles from my parents in Grandview, MO. Although we have known each other only a short time (since he moved to Kansas City), there is a tremendous kindredness between us as to what we see God doing in the earth in these last days. I believe God has linked us together along with others who share God's heart for revival in this land.

It is not necessary for me to defend Andrew Strom as God Himself will defend His servants. I will only tell what I have seen and heard.

The message he preaches is a repentance message. I actually spoke just before he preached the "repentance" sermon at New Life PCG in Kansas City. It was the most powerful altar call I have ever seen. No flakiness whatsoever. No hype. No music during the altar service.

Andrew Strom in my many conversations with him has an understanding of what the Christian life is supposed to be as one of walking in the Spirit with victory over sin. He talks about things in terms of Christian victory over sin that most Christians simply cannot relate to. He believes that Christians shoud repent of ALL of their sins and not turn back to them.

I have heard some of Andrew's music and I think it is important to scale the language barrier. Your and my idea and concept of music will be purely subjective. My idea of "Beatles" may be one thing and yours another. From what I have read and discussed with Andrew he believes that God will use music in similar ways to how it was used with the Salvation Army. Charles Wesley was the music side of John Wesley's ministry. Personally, I can handle most types of music if they are of the "right spirit." To be honest; many "Worship" songs and "praise" songs could easily be sung to your girlfriend or boyfriend. Some sing love songs to God that sound disturbingly close to secular love tunes.

What ever happened to lyrics like this "Trust and obey for their is no other way to be happy in Jesus than to trust and obey?" Or "When I servey the wonderous cross on which the Prince of Glory died, my richest gain I count as loss and pour contempt on all my pride." And again... "Oh sinner seek the Lord, repent of ALL your sin, for thus He hath commanded if you should enter in... and then if you should live a hundred years below, I know you'll not regret it... you settled long ago." Although I love many of the new worship songs; it is almost a mockery to sing a song that says "You're all I want... you're all I've ever needed... help me know you are here..." when their is glairing secret sin in your heart. God don't even accept that worship. (See Dave Wilkerson's "Set the Trumpet to Thy Mouth."

I sing old timey songs in nursing homes through the week and more contemporary music with the youth during their services. The old timers don't like the new stuff and the youth reject the old in some cases; although I do see the youth tolerating the old better than the older generation tolerates the new. This is just my experience. The kids just think the old is boring; the older generation considers the new as profaning God's word and His house, etc. If everyone took that attitude we would still be doing Gregorian ot monastic chanting or something. In balance I believe we ought to seek the Lord to know what He wants us to play in each setting. That is my approach.

Kansas City has had its share of bad things happen with the prophetic movement; but what you must consider is that the devil always tries to jump into what God is doing. It happens in every revival. We have no associations with these movements and, in fact, in most cases they would not be wanting to hear the message that we bring. We believe that the message of love must be balanced with the message of God's judgment. How is it loving a person if we don't warn them of hell and judgment? The doctor don't always bring good news; but you don't go to a doctor to hear good news- you go to hear whats wrong (if anything) with you. If you have a clean bill of health were all joy and praises; if not action has to be taken to nurture you back to health for God's glory. In other words; its not love to tell a person what they want to hear; its love "to tell the truth in love."

Pray as God uses this message of repentance in our land and that others will ikewise be raised up to reach a lost and dying generation for Christ.

God Bless and Much Brotherly Love,

-Robert

2004/4/10 16:55Profile
moreofHim

Re:

I first found Andrew's website about 2 years ago. I read "The Harness of the Lord" and "Escape From Christendom" on there and they were pivital in my brokenness period and changed my life. I took the good (what the Lord wanted me to see) and threw out the rest- if it didn't sit right with my spirit).

We all know "in part", prophecy in part, etc.. each of us doesn't "have it all" or know it all. We each have a part that is going to be useful to the body. Luckily we have the Holy Spirit to show us what we need to shy away from. (even if it's just for the time being). Sometimes we are not ready for some things. Sometimes the Lord knows that it is not our time to "see" or understand certain things yet.

Truthfully, I am where I am now because of my involvement with the prophetic. I learned to listen to the Lord. Even though I saw many things wrong that have infiltrated the prophetic movement- i know it does not mean that all prophetic and dreams, etc... is wrong. It is the motive behind it and the testimony of Jesus.

I don't afiliate myself with any group- yet I don't box God in and others out by saying I want no part of him or her because they are a charasmatic, or into the prophetic- or even because they are Catholic. God is a biggger God than that. He is bigger than my thoughts and expectations. I have learned very important things from those who I thought would be the least likely. This keeps me humble.

I do not put anything past God to keep me humble. Just when I think I know how it all works and exactly how everything is layed out in stone- He crashes those beliefs and "self-made" doctrines into pieces.

Christ is my doctrine. That's it. I am not putting any more thought into doctrines, groups, methods, traditions. They are all fit for the garbage compared to the one true doctrine which is Christ and Him crucified. If He wants me to learn something from a Holy Roller or a homeless man downtown or a talking donkey- I'll listen. Discernment is the key.

Just because we are not familiar with something does not make it bad or wrong. I have put off reading a book that i recently read for almost two years because of the look of the front cover. Seriously. It is read and black and looks like a "spiritual warefare" kind of book. What I didn't know was that inside it had wonderful wisdom and confirmation to things that i already knew.

Just like with this book- you cannot judge a book by it's cover. It's what's inside. Is Jesus inside? Then praise God for it! Even if it doesn't look like what you're used to.

In His everlasting love, Chanin

In Him, Chanin

2004/4/10 17:26Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Beloved,

If there were ever a time that we need to listen to God it is today. If there were ever a time we need the help and power of the Holy Spirit active in our lives and ministry it is today. If there was ever a time when we needed to memorize whole books of the Bible it is today.

It is almost as though the devil made sure that he placed enough flakes and counterfeits in the Church to all but dispell the trustworthiness of God's active working in our lives and ministries. How can we trust what we think God is telling us? What if I have a dream that so troubles me that I get up knowing God is trying to tell me something? After all, we do know that God will be doing these in these last days as it is part of the characteristics of the pouring out of the Holy Spirit.

My testimony is thus: if I am casting down imaginations and walking with a pure heart before the Lord I can be certain that what the Lord said in John 10 will be true in my life (My sheep hear my voice and another they will not follow). God generally always desires to speak to us through His word; but there are also rare times that He speaks to us in other ways. Many times it is some sort of a warning. These can be times when God speaks so "loudly" to us in a dream or some other extra-biblical source that we know God is speaking, but because of the excesses we doubt if we should take heed.

Example: I had a friend call me about a month ago and told me a dream he had that sorely disturbed him about one of my sons. In the dream a demonic figure with a sharp tool was about to thrust the object into my sons chest. That may not mean much to you; but two of my sons are potential fatal asthmatics. One was taken by ambulance twice last year to the hospital and once had to use his Epipen (a shot he has to carry around at all times). I have carried him out dying in my arms to the van and he is 13 years old unable to get enough breath to speak. The other son in the dream is also a potential fatal asthmatic. What would it hurt to simply to ask my son about his asthma meds? I did, and he told me he had been OUT of his inhaler for 7 DAYS! All the while he was walking to school and playing in gym, etc. without it! I had no idea. That was a death sentence. But God protected him. How did I find out about his enhaler being out 7 days? God revealed it to a good Godly brother in the Lord- in a dream and we went right away and got the inhaler. What if I would have said "brother, I think you need to lay off the pizza?" and then went on as if nothing was wrong? He may have died as his other brother almost did twice last year. Do I listen to all those things; of coarse not, but when you walk with God you will know what is legit and what is not.

Excesses and excesses and more excesses. They make us doubt and doubt! Walk close to God and you will know when He is talking to you. He may use a still small voice. He may direct you right to the exact passage you need to hear. He may have you turn the radio on at the exact right moment. How do we avoid deception? Know God's word from cover to cover and have an abundant prayer life. Live a life of UTTER OBEDIENCE. Learn to listen to God when you KNOW He is talking to you. If you won't listen when you know He is talking then you will never have faith that you can hear from God. On the other hand, we should not in this way seek for answers on issues that could easily be resolved through bible study. God does not honor laziness; He says to STUDY to show yourself approved.

God speaks to those who will consistently listen to Him and obey Him. God says... Call unto Me And I will answer thee And show thee great and mighty things that thou knowest not (Jeremiah 33:3).

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/4/10 19:10Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy